PDA

View Full Version : so when is pvp going to be worked on. pve sucks

manuvonro
12-17-2004, 11:57 PM
<DIV>:smileymad: come on soe pvp was the best ting about eq1</DIV>

aeio
12-18-2004, 12:10 AM
there are no plans for pvp in this game.

Dzok
12-18-2004, 12:13 AM
<DIV>I think they tried to grab a different part of the market by not offering PvP since the other huge MMORPG (WoW) is all about the  PvP action.</DIV>

Nai`
12-18-2004, 12:21 AM
RPG = PvEFPS = PvPSorry, RPG and PvP don't belong in the same sentence much less the same game.

Deleroux
12-18-2004, 12:26 AM
<blockquote><hr>Nai`Ji wrote:RPG = PvEFPS = PvPSorry, RPG and PvP don't belong in the same sentence much less the same game.<hr></blockquote>I agree Completely!

Kerri
12-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Go play WoW.

Omenat
12-18-2004, 01:20 AM
<DIV>Yes, please, after this patch SOE should beginn to build up a Test PvP server. It is about time.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Do not tell me, there are no plans to make a PvP server, I do not believe it.</DIV> <DIV>They will be forced to make PvP servers very soon. I am pretty sure, that in February 2005 a major subscrition cancellation wave will occur, because the game is getting very boring after 2 weeks or 2-3 months. ( I will leave too, if there is still no PvP server until middle of February.) To keep customers and to get new customers they will need to make PvP servers or the game will fail in long terms badly, I am sorry. (They will introduce the first expansion to the same time to attract people.)</DIV> <DIV>All the online games (Shooters, Real time strategy games, most MMORPGs, etc)  are allways some kind of PvP. It is a trivial mistake and rumor in EQ-Boards like this, "the majoritiy of the players do not want PvP". This is not true. This may be only true here, because the real majority of potentially EQ2 players are not here because of lack of PvP.</DIV> <DIV>Look on the great succes of WoW. That game is looking really ugly compared to EQ2, but its has the option to PvP and obviously a huge amount of players do not have a problem with it. WoW is leading the charts in the US and it will lead the charts in Europe too. (I am not a WoW, fan I can not stand the ugly comic graphics.)</DIV> <DIV>The few MMORPGs without PvP failed all badly. (EQ1 got PvP servers.)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Shortly after level 20 for the most players will come a "life crisis" and they will ask themselves, why are they playing this game ? What are the goals? What is the <STRONG>sense</STRONG> behind investing so much time and money in this levelling ? They are getting 1 level after another, a little update to a spell or an ability, a new monster with another name and like allways blue, white or yellow con to kill and try to upgrade the spells and the equipment. This is nice and makes enough fun for a little while, but it has no sense and will not be enough for long terms.</DIV> <DIV>There must be a real competition ! There must be a war between evils and good, between Freeport and Qeynos. There must be thrill.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I could write about this a whole book, but I do not have the time...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Miral
12-18-2004, 01:24 AM
<DIV>pvp can be good, but only in moderation. perhaps a single server with pvp enabled, or by dueling only. And please god don't balance this game for pvp, that makes pve completely unbalanced.</DIV>

Oakraven Desa
12-18-2004, 01:27 AM
<DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>well for starters</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Moorgard</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&message.id=1775&highlight=pvp#M1775" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=Newbie&message.id=1775&highlight=pvp#M1775</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Shesh I would post more dev coments on PvP but the SE keeps saying too many search requests</DIV>

Nai`
12-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Omenaton, you really should play UT, or Duke Nukem or something. RPG != PvP. It does not calculate!