PDA

View Full Version : Not high enough yet to test, are 20+ heals fixed?

Kit_Oturea
12-17-2004, 06:29 PM
<DIV>Specifically for druids, but any healer info would be great.  This might be moot because the highest level I have seen while on is 17th.  But would be really nice to know.  Having your healing spells get reduced in power as you level when everything else improves is just crazy.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks,</DIV> <DIV>Kitirat</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Lancealittle
12-17-2004, 07:11 PM
<DIV>There are a couple people in the 20s, but not near enough to test mid level content, and no one to test high level content.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Perhaps the developers can do a server split to test to move a couple higher level guilds over. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I don't think player 'bumps' can do any good for testing, and I don't know if they plan on doing any. I hope not, because that kind of testing never gives an indication of how encounters will be handled by people who have leveled themselves.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Sebastien
12-17-2004, 09:05 PM
I am keeping my fingers crossed. The only hint was that the patch notes said many spells were balanced and fixed. Kind of a catch-all line, so I'm not sure. This is such a significant change that I would think it would have been mentioned specifically if they had fixed our healing spells. So my guess is no. =/

Lancealittle
12-17-2004, 09:09 PM
<DIV>I've not verified this yet, but someone has said a few of their heals were put on the same timer that were not before. Like minor arch healing and arch healing. I thought they were on same timer before, so I don't know if this is a nerf or a fix.</DIV>

Kit_Oturea
12-17-2004, 09:24 PM
<DIV>My most fearful worry is since they did not discuss it as a positive, it is a nerf.  My guess(concern) would be making grey spells become less powerful over time, effectively killing druids by forcing them to use their upper level sub-standard heals.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>THough if they did fix them, it would be a great X-mas present.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>See ya,</DIV> <DIV>Kitirat</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Cheasl
12-17-2004, 11:48 PM
<DIV>Most heals are on separate timers, so putting Arch Healing and Minor Healing on the same timer would be quite a nerf for healers.  I know I use both quite often back to back, to get a tank or whomever back in the Green.</DIV>

Sebastien
12-18-2004, 01:42 AM
To be honest, if they do not plan to comment on or fix our 20-40 line of heals, I would prefer they just nerf the 10-20 line. I know that sounds awful. But really, it feels so shallow that I need to wait until level 33, just to have my "upgraded" HoT perform the same as my newbie spell did during my teens. We don't actually experience an upgrade, as Druids, until our low-to-mid 40's (in terms of heal-over-times, which is our stated specialty).