PDA

View Full Version : HOs still crash the zone

Agathorn
12-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Did 2 HOs and didin't crash so I thought I was fine.. started another fight and tried my new trainign ability (which failed because I wasn't flanking) then did an HO and boom..zone crashed.

MotleyFo
12-17-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm on IOR and we are getting kicked to character select screen regularly. There's only one guy in here capable (lvl 5+) and he claims he's not using HOs.Update: Now that I'm lvl 5 I've been performing HOs constantly - and haven't done two running without crashing the zone.<p>Message Edited by MotleyFool on <span class=date_text>12-17-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:25 AM</span>

MotleyFo
12-17-2004, 01:32 PM
There's another guy now testing HOs and he's crashing the zone by the second one.

Edowen
12-17-2004, 10:01 PM
<DIV>Yeah, this is still a problem.  Ulrigg, my 8 scout (ratonga), is the only one in the zone (The Ruins).  She is trying to kill shoreside asps for a quest.  She regularly gets booted to character select.  It happens after the action that follows Lucky Break (either Cheap Shot or Dirty Tricks).  The icon for the action keeps blinking for a second and then the screen goes blank.  This doesn't happen all the time, a lot of the time.  FWIW, I have been kicking off combat by doing a Sneak Attack, then Lucky Break, then either Cheap Shot or Dirty Tricks.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>By the way, Ulrigg has been going after green shoreside asps and after killing at least 20 still has not gotten a quest item.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Edowen</DIV>

Lancealittle
12-17-2004, 10:27 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Edowen wrote: <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>By the way, Ulrigg has been going after green shoreside asps and after killing at least 20 still has not gotten a quest item.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Edowen</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Have Ulrigg check the quest journal to make sure the quest is not done already. If you are doing the quest I think you are, you only need 2 snakes, so you may have missed the update.<BR>

MotleyFo
12-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Still occurring.

Vladdax
12-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Yup crashing bad in IoR. Almost definately HO's because after a few shouts to stop people doing HO's is was stable for a while untill i tried it and crashed it bang on my 3rd HO two times in a row.

Edowen
12-18-2004, 01:57 AM
<DIV>Yeah, Lance, Ulrigg had completed the quest.  Mmmm, perhaps the devs would consider a small change to the code.  You get a sound and a text message superimposed on the view area every time you get a quest item except the last time, when you have all the quest objects you are collecting.  How about a new sound, for when you get the last one, and a nice text message to go with it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ah well, that may be off topic, hope i dont get the wrath of the mods on me.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Back to testing...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Edowen</DIV>

Zo
12-18-2004, 06:39 AM
The caves just crashed when I did a HO, I figured it would have been fixed, sorry to the other guy int here with me... but it is still happening

Evadne
12-18-2004, 07:44 AM
You know, they put in a fix for the HO abilities blinking...in this patch. I bet that fix part of the patch is a good place to start looking for the zone crash culprit.

Agathorn
12-18-2004, 09:53 AM
At the moment they aren't looking at it at all. Until the live servers are fixed Test will be ignored, and as much as that hurts me as a test player, I fully support that decision.