PDA

View Full Version : Tayil's Searing Orb is not really an upgrade

Kwoung
12-17-2004, 10:09 AM
<DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Moorgard wrote:<BR> <DIV><STRONG><FONT color=#ffcc00>*** Training ***</FONT></STRONG></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>- Training allows you to choose one of four new abilities. Each of these spells or arts builds off abilities you've been using but substantially increases their effectiveness and benefit.<BR>- These Training abilities have a longer span of effectiveness than most common spells and arts, so they'll prove very useful to you.<BR> <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>Tayil's Searing Orb for Sorcerer does exactly the same damage as app 3 Static Pulse, the only difference is it lasts a tad longer, not sure I consider this much of an upgade at all. I was about to look at power costs to see if that swung my opinion (which I doubt because my wifes new heal is a serious power sucker)... but Commonlands just crashed again... heh.</DIV>

Miral
12-17-2004, 10:41 AM
<DIV>perhaps it stacks with the static spell so that you have two electric DOT's early on</DIV>

Kwoung
12-17-2004, 12:14 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Miral wrote:<BR> <DIV>perhaps it stacks with the static spell so that you have two electric DOT's early on</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I am not sure they do stack as once I cast Tayil's, all damage readings from Static disappear... although the icon is still active in my maintained spells window. The server is down last I checked, so can't test until tomorrow night when I can get back on... but early semi-tests say no.. they do not stack. The only benefit I found was having to recast less as it now lasts the same amount of time as Freezing Whorl.

Kwoung
12-17-2004, 12:42 PM
<DIV>I can confirm they do not stack.. although they can run concurently (if that makes any sense). </DIV>

Lancealittle
12-17-2004, 08:20 PM
<DIV>Actually by lasting longer it is doing more damage. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The higher con on it should mean that it will keep increasing with levels longer than the first static pulse. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Do we have a mage around level 20 than can try both and see the damage difference?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I know my improved heal also removes poison. Did they add another effect to the mage spells? Perhaps it stifles or lowers resistance or something.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>