PDA

View Full Version : Bug with Aria line

Swift_M
03-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Been doing a number of tests lately on the Aria line (mental DD procs).  I see many people complain that they never see these proc or that they need to proc more.  Tested solo and grouped with number of diff classes (also tested with a dirge and their line, same issue btw). When soloing:  The procs do work as intended (procs roughly 5% of time) when this is the only song.  It procs perfectly until ANY other buff that gives a proc is put up.  For instance, if I play any aria song and put up either Elise's Ditty or Daelis' Dance of Blades (both of which give a stun proc) then the aria song will stop proccing. When grouping:  The same thing happens here however any proc buff from other classes cast on a person in the group will prevent that person from receiving any benefit from the aria song.  Have tested this with pallies self proc buffs, mages, necros, chanter proc buffs. So in the lower levels the song is pretty decent, it works mainly because many classes have not gotten proc spells yet.  As you get higher in levels, more and more classes have some type of proc spells which prevent this song from working.  Not sure if this is a more general issue (such as noone can stack proc spells, only one can take effect) but there is an issue.  Also note that it does not matter if you put your song up before or after the other proc spells, the aria line will still not work. And since one of our lvl 50 songs is an aria one.. its rather disappointing to see it being almost completely worthless.  Anyone else noticed similar things?  Or am I missing something obvious... Ridian McNight 50 Troubador Najena <div></div>

WorldsAway_Nybor
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
That could be it actually - when I got my last aria song I thought I'd try it out in a few groups, but did not see anything happening in the combat channel. I never use the line anyway as it seems a completely underpowered spell for one fifth of your concentration, but there does seem to be a problem with it working.

Jordinn
03-26-2005, 11:06 PM
I had noticed that hte higher level song didn't seem to do anything, but I hadn't taken the time to figure out why.  This sounds like a reasonable explanation, thanks!