PDA

View Full Version : Using Charm

Deadmou
02-14-2005, 12:16 PM
<DIV> <DIV>***Bloody hell it posted twice and not as a reply to an earlier question...Apologies***</DIV> <DIV>Troubador here...</DIV> <DIV>I use charm primarily as a ghetto crowd control if no mezzers are present. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>HOW:</DIV> <DIV>1) I see multiple mobs incoming and choose one that is not the main tanks primary...</DIV> <DIV>2) I have a macro for charm that announces I am charming to the group. (e.g. /g Charming %t!!!, /useability Bria's Entrancing Sonnett)</DIV> <DIV>3) Once a mob is charmed I typically go back to assisting the main tank as the mob will just idly stand by. </DIV> <DIV>     <EM>Note: My understanding is that if you try to tell the pet to do anything except follow it will break the charm so I leave it alone.</EM></DIV> <DIV>4) When charm does break the mob will hate you a lot. Be ready to evade and/or play your hate reducing over time song in addition to taunts from tankers.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>WHO:</DIV> <DIV>Charm seems to work fine on <=orange mobs without any trouble. The only exception I have come across are mobs with any up arrows. I usually get a message about the mob being too powerful.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV></DIV><p>Message Edited by Deadmouse on <span class=date_text>02-14-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:27 AM</span>