PDA

View Full Version : Mayong & the Bloodline Chronicles

Jezekie
03-27-2005, 05:24 AM
If you follow the story line in the Bloodline Chronicle quests there's a few interesting bits of history about a certain favorite vampire. Namely Mayong Mistmoore who appears to be alive and apparently the Master of the various vampire sects. On the final quest for the "Dark" camp, you'll find a note on the corpse of one of the clan leaders for one of the vampire faction that reads. "This missive is written in a very elegant and august script. It is addressed to Ruenok G'Koz. T'Haen has foolishly lost control of his brood. This incident has broken the veil of secrecy that our Master has worked so diligently to maintain. Obviously, He is very displeased and wishes you to deal with this breach of contract swiftly and mercilessly. Silence T'Haen and wipe his ilk from the pages of history.  -  Falon" The lore in Bloodline Chronicles is about T'Rath the Usurper using ancient relics to bind T'Haen in some other existence/prison. But when you slay T'Rath you free T'Haen from his prison. If you have alittle chat with T'Haen he'll say the following. "I must thank you for freeing me. That fool T'Rath managed to do something completely unexpected." "His intervention here has destroyed everything I worked to create. There is no excuse for such behavior, but he has paid the ultimate price." "I had planned to keep our existance secret here below Nektulos. My discussions with Mayong were such that he insisted we remain hidden." "Perhaps with your extermination, we can continue to work here in secret." Now, there's more. The relic given out upon defeating T'Haen is called the Gift of Christanos. Christanos being the dark elf queen. Queen Christanos Thex. The background story I could find about her, was that her and the King, Naythox Thex, used to duel alot always resulting in the queen winning. They both wielded different magics, the Queen using Necromancy and the King dabbling with the arcane arts and sword fighting. But the day the king won a duel she was outraged, and sought out some potent necromantic spells and assaulted the King, which lead to a devide between the various guilds of Neriak as some took side with the Queen and some with the King. Or, it was because the King found out Christanos had a thing going with Mayong Mistmoore. I'm not certain which is right or if both are. The Queen was also a member of the The Dead (The necromancers guild in Neriak), or at least had ties to it. Again if you follow the lore bits in Bloodline Chronicles the "Dark" camp hints that the vampires may had infiltrated The Dead. Or that there at least were vampires in old Neriak. But where is the connection that the Gift of Christanos ended up with T'Haen, did he steal it from Mayong? Why is the Gift enchanted with the blood of T'Haen? If anyone can help fill in some blanks, confirm or deny some of this lore bits about the Queen, the King, and Mayong I'd appreciate it. Because after all, Vampires rule! Edit: Gramma<p>Message Edited by Jezekiell on <span class=date_text>03-27-2005</span> <span class=time_text>01:26 AM</span>

Cusashorn
03-27-2005, 08:44 AM
<DIV>Wow. Sony really stayed true to the story. Back when EQ first started, when they first introduced the faction system a few months in, If you killed creatures in Mistmoore, you'd lower your faction with Queen Christanos Thex and Mayong Mistmoore.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Dude this is Awesome!</DIV>

bagrada
03-30-2005, 10:54 PM
<DIV>In the Hand of Marr camp quest progression, there is a plot twist where it turns out that the elven female in the camp is a vampire.  Her husband tells you not to slay T'Haen because as the head of that bloodline all his progeny would be destroyed were he to die.  He goes on to say she had made a pilgramage or something to Faydwer to look at the ruins there and got taken by the vampires, then came back with them to nektulos.  I wish I'd logged the quest dialogue</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It also made me wonder, I'd thought this first adventure pack would be more of old neriak, and they definately mention in the selling points of the adventure pack that the loot you get is artifacts of the dark elves, or something to that effect.   I hadn't put 2 and 2 together that the gift of christanos had to do with the old dark elves though I do remember that from EQ1 now.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If they aren't doing this randomly, Faydwer will be the first full expansion pack, maybe we'll get to return to castle mistmoore and see what Mayong's been up to with 500 years of lurking behind the scenes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>EDIT: Changed expansion pack to adventure pack in the second paragraph, thats what I'd meant.  </DIV> <DIV><SPAN class=time_text></SPAN> </DIV><p>Message Edited by bagrada on <span class=date_text>03-30-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:25 PM</span>

Cusashorn
03-30-2005, 10:57 PM
<DIV>Adventure packs are just a few zones and new content.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Expansions are whole continents. Odus and Feydwer will be expansion packs that'll be available to buy in stores.</DIV>

Jezekie
03-31-2005, 04:46 AM
<span><blockquote><hr>If they aren't doing this randomly, Faydwer will be the first full expansion pack, maybe we'll get to return to castle mistmoore and see what Mayong's been up to with 500 years of lurking behind the scenes.</blockquote>Aye quite possibly, what would be friggen sweet would be to be able to side with Mayong and improve your faction/standing towards him. Perhaps eventually be embraced and asked to join him. He's been around for abselutely ages, and the Master vampire, if nothing else he should cause utter destruction if confronted.</span><div></div>

Cusashorn
03-31-2005, 06:50 AM
<DIV>I just wanna explore the submerged cavern ruins of Ak'Anon.....</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>*keeps on dreaming for the City of Ak'Anon to be so destroyed that no gnome will ever be able to rebuild and live there again.*</DIV>