PDA

View Full Version : A question about character history and game Lore...

Sathrak
03-22-2005, 09:19 PM
<DIV>Considering the relatively long life of Elves are many roleplayers actually incorporating Neriak and or the fall of Neriak into thier histories?  Unless I'm mistaken, a dark elf thats 400 years old is still relatively  young and thus could have been in Neriak during its fall.  I'm very new to the lore however and am likely missing something.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Id appreciate any input before I begin my history.  I'll continue reading the excellent compilations here as well.</DIV>

Cusashorn
03-23-2005, 04:54 AM
<DIV>So far there hasn't been any characters, dark elf, wood elf, high elf, half elf, or otherwise, who have claimed to have been around back during the Age of Turmoil.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nobody out there comments on having beeing alive to see the silencing of the gods, or anything else that happened over the past 500 years.</DIV>

SilenzZzz
03-23-2005, 06:18 AM
<DIV>there is a high elf and a wood elf in qeynos (or one of the citys off of it... sorry dont recall exact loc) that when you talk with them ( i do not recall if it was during a quest spill tho) ... inform you that they were there for the wars and events .. and long to once again find their home ... </DIV> <DIV>it is very possible that some of them are still alive from back then ... tho a lot of them were most likely killed ... and several of the ones that are now alive were likely youth back then or younger ... it was only 500 years ... so anything is possible ... </DIV>

Cusashorn
03-23-2005, 08:57 AM
<DIV>Yes I've spoken to those elves. Those wars didn't happen in EQlive's timeline though. it happened since then, so we can't really say that they were alive 500 years ago.</DIV>

wayfaerer
03-23-2005, 09:04 AM
There are dozens of NPCs all over Freeport that talk about life during the age of turmoil. For example: Some of the Dark Elf NPCs in Longshadow complain about much better life was in Neriak before the fall. Various NPCs all over (mostly humans) talk about how badly the Dark Elves treated every other race when we still lived in Neriak, but now we are at their mercy in freeport. Kizdean Gix from West Commonlands in EQ1 still hangs out in the Commonlands in EQ2. A couple of the roaming Ogre guards talk about how they used to live in Neriak before its fall. <div></div>

Cusashorn
03-23-2005, 09:16 AM
<DIV>Yeah but Neriak fell within the 500 years that have passed since EQlive and EQ2. There arn't ny NPC's who directly mention remembering anything that *ACTUALLY DID HAPPEN* in EQlive.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Technically, the Age of Turmoil lasted untill the destruction of Luclin.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

JayemJa
03-23-2005, 11:22 AM
I doubt that you have met every NPC, but even if you have I dont think they will tell you everything they know. It is safe to assume that at least SOME elves were around.  Also we know one person who was around back then...Lucan D'Lere. I claim to be from around 20-40 years before the Rending. <div></div>

Cusashorn
03-23-2005, 11:40 AM
<DIV>Ok the 1 star was rather rude.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And of course Lucan was around, but you know he's not talking...</DIV>

SilenzZzz
03-23-2005, 11:45 AM
<DIV>2 people .. i forgot Gix is still around to .. heh wonder if i can kill him over and over like i did in EQL ... after he killed me so many times ... i still have a grudge against em.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>as the game progresses more and other 'locations' are discovered again .. i am sure we will find many more that were in the EQL timeline .. or near the end of it at least ... </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>just from the few that are in game now i would think it is safe to say that yes it is possible that a npc could have been alive during some part of the EQL timeline (remember  it is still going on now .. no telling how far they will take it before finally just stopping updates on the game) ... and still be alive in this timeframe ... (not human's of course .. but the elf related races .. dont recall the gnome / halfling / trol / ogre timeframe of life... and i know dwarfs can live a while but not sure if it is over 500 ... tho i think i recall a dwarf speaking of his memorys of butcherblock before being forced to leave)</DIV>

Cusashorn
03-23-2005, 12:11 PM
<DIV>I don't remember Kizdean Gix getting a Sex Change Opperation over the past 500 years though.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=318" target=_blank>http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=318</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I saw him in the commonlands the other day. Pure Female.</DIV>

Aion
03-23-2005, 11:57 PM
There are plenty of NPCs (elves and dwarves mostly) that talk about life when the gods still talked to the mortals. <div></div>