PDA

View Full Version : The Sleeper's Fate. The mighty Kerafyrm is dead.

Duhulk
03-13-2005, 12:46 AM
<DIV><A href="http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=thesleeperisdead8dx.jpg" target=_blank>http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=thesleeperisdead8dx.jpg</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=eq20000606kt.jpg" target=_blank>http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=eq20000606kt.jpg</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=eq20000613ev.jpg" target=_blank>http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=eq20000613ev.jpg</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=eq20000626oq.jpg" target=_blank>http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=eq20000626oq.jpg</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Of course...the old boy could be lying...I suppose...</DIV><p>Message Edited by Duhulk on <span class=date_text>03-12-2005</span> <span class=time_text>11:48 AM</span>

Daeanor
03-13-2005, 01:26 AM
"Forfeited his life" doesn't have to mean "dead." Kerafyrm was imprisoned by being put into a magical, eternal sleep. That's why he was called the Sleeper. Next best thing to dead...and certainly not a "life."

Duhulk
03-13-2005, 04:46 AM
<DIV>As far as I can tell there is nothing thus far to suggest he was reimprisoned. The events Nagafen speaks of clearly fall under EQ2 in the timeline, far after he was freed the first time.</DIV>

NocteBla
03-13-2005, 05:51 AM
<DIV>Seems like an awful biased point of view, and, considering he gives you the "Deception" quest...</DIV>

Kilo
03-14-2005, 07:21 AM
The Sage also says that Kerafyrm destroyed Luclin, but, well I won't spoil anything I guess.<p>Message Edited by Kilopy on <span class=date_text>03-13-2005</span> <span class=time_text>06:22 PM</span>

iceriven2
03-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Bah spoil me plz oh plz

Duhulk
03-14-2005, 07:32 PM
<DIV>Put simply, The Sage of Ages is a lying ****. :smileytongue:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Who the hell one starred my post? That was pretty weak guys. :smileysad:</DIV><p>Message Edited by Duhulk on <span class=date_text>03-14-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:32 AM</span>

Seir
03-15-2005, 06:28 PM
<DIV> <DIV> "The moon was so clear. It was alive with energy flowing through every part of it. Then it was as if something in the center broke loose and leapt outward, like a bird of prey hatching from an egg. I couldn't turn away. It was so beautiful."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is from the lore section of EQ2 main site, Tome of Destiny, The Shattering. I am not sure if the sage is lying or not (if it was a display of power or not) but it does seem like Kerafyrm was part of the destruction of Luclin. That doesn't mean Nagafen is telling the truth either...</DIV></DIV>

Cusashorn
03-21-2005, 07:00 AM
<DIV>Luclin wasn't destroyed by Kerafyrm. He had nothing to do with it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Chapter 3 details that Rallos Zek and Solusk Ro's forces transported The Dresolisk into the nexus.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>A crystal housed within the Tower of Solusek Ro that contains IMMENSE POWER within.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Rallos Zek and Solusek Ro intended to use the Manaetic Behemoth to transport the Dresolik back in time to Norrath using the Time Machine. The Dresolik and the Behemoth would then both be used to destroy the entire surface of the planet and turn it into a giant scorched wasteland, effectively destroying most life in the process.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>With the Behemoth destroyed by mortals, Rallos Zek planned the next best thing. To use the Dresolik in conjunction with the energies of the Nexus.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Boom. Destroy the moon, and you still destroy a good portion of the world in the process.</DIV>

Thraken
03-21-2005, 10:01 PM
<DIV>Anyone else find it really disturbing that Nagafen still wants to be with his dead mate?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>that's just wrong.</DIV>

Cusashorn
03-21-2005, 10:03 PM
<DIV>A dragon's bond with it's love is eternal.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Besides. She's still there in Spirit, so she can still talk with Naggy if they want.</DIV>

Manrles
03-22-2005, 01:17 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Cusashorn wrote:<BR> <DIV>A dragon's bond with it's love is eternal.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Besides. She's still there in Spirit, so she can still talk with Naggy if they want.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Not to mention the freaky spriritual tantric sex they could have</DIV>

Sorvani
03-22-2005, 05:54 AM
chapter 3 happened nearly 350+ years before luclin exploded. there is no certainty that that is what blew the moon. <div></div>

Cusashorn
03-22-2005, 11:06 AM
<DIV>Transporting the crystal in 350 years before it explodes doesn't mean they ACTIVATED it immediately afterwards.</DIV>

Sorvani
03-23-2005, 04:24 AM
true. but it also doesn't mean that's how Luclin was destroyed <div></div>

Cusashorn
03-23-2005, 04:52 AM
<DIV>Its the most probably theory even though we're likely never to find out how... but I am waiting to learn.</DIV>

Duhulk
03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
<P>Actually Cusahorn, I believe Dresolik's presense (if it was in fact Dresolik) on Luclin supports the idea that Kerafyrm destroyed the moon to save Norrath.</P> <P>The Dresolik was on the moon, but it was made clear in PoP they intended to destroy Norrath with the device, not Luclin. Luclin was likely just going to be the staging area from which Norrath would be incinerated by "Dresolik Powered Death Ray ver. 1.0". By destroying Luclin, the staging area, you save Norrath.</P> <P>So you see, the idea of Kerafyrm destroying Luclin not only works perfectly with the knowledge that Dresolik was on the moon, but it would support Nagafen's assertion that he did it to save Norrath.</P><p>Message Edited by Duhulk on <span class=date_text>03-28-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:30 AM</span>

Cusashorn
03-29-2005, 04:13 AM
<DIV>I still think that Rallos used it to destroy Luclin to cause chaos on Norrath if he couldn't transport it directly onto Norrath to use it to destroy the surface directly. I'm still a long ways from having any conversations with Nagafen though.</DIV>

Duhulk
03-29-2005, 11:14 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Cusashorn wrote:<BR> <DIV>I still think that Rallos used it to destroy Luclin to cause chaos on Norrath if he couldn't transport it directly onto Norrath to use it to destroy the surface directly. I'm still a long ways from having any conversations with Nagafen though.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P><BR>Well now you're just being obstinant :smileytongue:.</P>

Azamien-Dermorate
03-30-2005, 02:56 AM
<DIV>here is the entire conversation ... along with the following conversation with the Sage of Ages.  I am not sure I trust either of these shady  characters to tell the whole truth ... </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> Your quest journal has been updated. <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"So, Inferinus, the lesser ones have returned. Do you suppose they harbor a death wish? Foolish mortals, my curiosity has kept you alive this long, my patience alone will decide if that is to continue. " <BR>You say,"Hail, Lord Nagafen" <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"So, Inferinus, the lesser ones have returned. Do you suppose they harbor a death wish? Foolish mortals, my curiosity has kept you alive this long, my patience alone will decide if that is to continue. " <BR>You say,"Hail, Lord Nagafen" <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"I am Azamien. If you kill me, then you won't know why I came." <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Ancient Draconic? From a lesser one? Interesting ... I will hear more. Tell me, mortal, how did you come to possess such sacred knowledge. " <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"The Sage of Ages taught it to me. " <BR>Nagafen says to you,"Sage of Ages? I know naught of a Sage of Ages. I have been on Norrath since the dawn of time. I think that with such a pretentious sounding name that I would have heard of this person before now. " <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"You know who The Sage of Ages is. I come to ask you why you sent your Drakota to kill him, and to ask you to stop." <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Drakota? You are grossly misinformed if you believe I have anything to do with Drakota! Do you see the tears in my wings and the scars on my flanks?! These are no wounds from some foolish mortal hero, though many have tried, these are Drakota given... Drakota that no longer exist on this world. I know nothing of this sage. If I desired death upon someone, they certainly would not survive to tell of it." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"He said that only a few dragons now have the power to control the Drakota, you and Vox. " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Don't you EVER speak my slain mate's name with your mortal lips! My beloved Lady Vox is DEAD! Assassinated by the very things you claim she had control over! Mortal, you have no idea how close to death you now stand." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"I apologize, Lord Nagafen. I will not speak her revered name again. " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Guard your tongue or forfeit your life. Now, you claim that this sage of yours was attacked by Drakota and lived. It is unimaginable that any lesser being would survive a targeted attack by the pawns of the Ring of Scale. How does he claim that he was able to escape destruction?" <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"He doesn't, my companions and I destroyed them both. " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Both? There were two Drakota? Were they in possession of essence shards? Answer me this now, mortal! " <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"No, Lord Nagafen, they were not. " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"An orb then? A large glowing orb? Did you find this on their corpses?" <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"No, Lord Nagafen, they did not have either of these things. " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"So you say... I sense in this that you are telling the truth. Regardless, this makes things very interesting now, doesn't it. Before me stands Lesser Ones who have the ability to slay Drakota. I find I have need of you. I have a significant task for you, do this and you will be greatly rewarded." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"Lord Nagafen, what of the Sage's safety? That is the reason I've journeyed here." <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Mortal, I believe your search for your sage's adversary and my own quest proposition will lead down the same path. Unfortunately for you, you do not have any other leads to follow, now do you? There is much to be gained by assisting me." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"With all due respect, why should I help you when I cannot even trust you? " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Wealth ... Power ... Prestige. Is that not what all mortals want? Do this task for me and you will be able to select from anything within my vast hoard of treasures, the likes of which you have never seen. Arcane objects of power and knowledge, armor and weapons that have not been touched by the light of the sun since the Age of Monuments, wealth and jewels beyond your comprehension. " <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"That sounds like a generous reward, but what is it you want me to do? " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"You are being charged with a most important and glorious task. You will act in my stead and bring about the resurrection of my beloved Lady Vox. Seek out the murderous Drakota, destroy them in their lairs, and wrest from them the essence shards. While holding these, the Drakota prevent any attempt at returning my beloved to life." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"What are we to do once we get the shards? " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Take the spirit shards to my beloved's crypt within the walls of Permafrost. Each shard contains within it a part of the Lady Vox's undying spirit. Release the essence kept inside the shard and perform the ritual that I will imbue in your lesser mind. It is not known how many shards are required to correctly perform the ritual. It might take many, or it could be as little as one. The Lady Vox's will to live is incredibly strong." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"I understand. " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Also, the Drakota may be in possession of an Orb of Omnipotence that once belonged to me but is now lost. Return that to me and I will double your reward." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"What is the orb for? " <BR>Lord Nagafen says to you,"Its purpose is beyond your understanding and comprehension, Lesser One. All you need to concern yourself with is returning it to me if you find it. Now, go, do as I say." <BR>You say to Lord Nagafen,"Yes, Lord Nagafen. The Lady Vox will be resurrected. " <BR><BR><BR>You have entered Antonica. <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"Greetings, adventurer! I am pleased to see that you still live. Did you speak to Lord Nagafen?" <BR>You say,"Hail, The Sage of Ages" <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"Yes. He says he is not responsible for the Drakota's attacking you. He asks that my companions and I seek to restore Vox to life. " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"Restore the Lady Vox to life? Nagafen must know that mortals do not have sufficient power or knowledge to resurrect an elder dragon from the dead. I do not trust him. The King of Fire is deceitful and sinister. His forked tongue only speaks lies. This must be why he wants me destroyed. He means to put his plots in motion and knows that I am aware of his trickery." <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"If that is true, then why does he want me to kill his Drakota and reclaim Vox's essence shards?" <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"Those Drakota must have rebelled against him and stole the shards for their own grab at power. Nagafen is still too weak from the Truthspeaker's attack to go after them himself, so he remains safely in his lair while he gets mortals to do his dirty work. " <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"Who is the Truthspeaker? " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"The Truthspeaker was an agent of the Ring of Scale. It was he who risked his life to lead the Drakota, the same Drakota that Nagafen now commands, in an attack to stop the mating of Nagafen and Vox, a mating that would result in utter doom for all of Norrath! The Truthspeaker's Drakota were able to destroy Vox to prevent the union, but Nagafen was able to retreat to the safety of his lair." <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"Why is the mating of the Lady Vox and the Lord Nagafen so dangerous? " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"It is forbidden among dragonkind for dragons of differing elements to mate and bring forth offspring. The combination of the elements result in a prismatic dragon, a creature of immense power and energy. Only one prismatic dragon has existed on Norrath, the Sleeper, Kerafyrm. Nagafen must believe he can control a prismatic offspring, but it seems he cannot even fully control the Drakota he wrested from the Truthspeaker." <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"How powerful are prismatic dragons? " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"Look to the sky, child. The destruction you find there is the doing of the Sleeper simply as a display of power and a reminder to all living beings of his supremacy. Do you realize the danger now? Nagafen wants the power to do just that. Imagine an army of dragons that could each do that with Nagafen and Vox reigning king and queen over them. It is well that the Truthspeaker succeeded in his task to destroy the Lady Vox." <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"Now Nagafen wants me to help return her to life. " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"Yes and that part worries me. He must know that no mortal possesses the ability to return an elder dragon to full life. There must be another reason why he wishes you to attempt this." <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"He also asked if the Drakota we defeated were in possession of a glowing orb, an Orb of Omnipotence he called it. " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"An Orb of Omnipotence? I have not heard of such a thing. Did he say why he wanted it?" <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"No, just that it belonged to him and he would double our reward if we brought it to him. " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"If the Lady Vox knew the location of this orb, it might be Nagafen's plan for you to resurrect the spirit of Vox long enough to discover the whereabouts. Even though Nagafen is using you, the best course of action would be to follow his plan so that we can learn of the orb's location before he can lay his claws upon it. Find this orb and bring it to me. We will foil the Lord Nagafen's villainous plot." <BR>] You say to The Sage of Ages,"Are you sure this is the best thing to do? " <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"It frightens me to say this, but yes, this is the course of action we need to take. This orb will fall into Nagafen's claws in due time unless we act to prevent it. He may already have other groups searching for it. The orcs you encountered while collecting the runes may be one such group." <BR>say to The Sage of Ages,"I understand. " <BR>Your quest journal has been updated. <BR>Your quest journal has been updated. <BR>The Sage of Ages says to you,"Follow Nagafen's instruction in resurrecting Vox's spirit, but only in this. Do not trust his words. He will deceive you with lies and fallacies. He will twist the truth and double cross you in the end. Do not let him do this for he means to bring about the destruction of this world." <BR>You say to The Sage of Ages,"I will resurrect Vox and learn the location of this orb. "</DIV>

Sorvani
03-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Well both Naggy AND the Sage say Kerafyrm did it. they may lie and snipe at eachother to get you to do what they want, but they tell the same story.. <div></div>

Duhulk
04-01-2005, 01:22 AM
<DIV>My posted conversation pics happen if you go talkt to naggy again after Aza's posted conversations btw =).</DIV>

Happyfunba
04-01-2005, 07:50 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Seiryu wrote:<BR> <DIV> <DIV> "The moon was so clear. It was alive with energy flowing through every part of it. Then it was as if something in the center broke loose and leapt outward, like a bird of prey hatching from an egg. I couldn't turn away. It was so beautiful."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is from the lore section of EQ2 main site, Tome of Destiny, The Shattering. I am not sure if the sage is lying or not (if it was a display of power or not) but it does seem like Kerafyrm was part of the destruction of Luclin. That doesn't mean Nagafen is telling the truth either...</DIV></DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P><BR>With all due respect, I think you're interpretting the writing much more literally than it is intended. If anything, I've always read this description with the idea that the "bird of prey hatching from an egg" was merely a symbolic way of describing how the explosion looked to her as it happened. </P> <P>I still think it's a very shake approach to say that Kerafyrm was any part of Luclin's destruction. I think it's much more based on a desire to see him have a larger role in the story than he perhaps truly does. </P>

Duhulk
04-01-2005, 07:35 PM
<DIV> <HR> </DIV> <P>still think it's a very shake approach to say that Kerafyrm was any part of Luclin's destruction.</P> <P></P> <HR> <P>You mean despite the fact that we've had two NPC's, who wouldn't agree on anything =p, say he was?</P>