PDA

View Full Version : Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox

Armill
03-09-2005, 07:06 PM
<DIV><FONT color=#ff0000>Alright being a big fan of lord Nagafen, I would just like to say some things. First of all he is a dragon. He was imprisoned for trying to have a baby dragon not unlike Kerafyrm with Vox. He was imprisoned by the Ring of the Scale. Apparently during the shattering he gained a whole lot of power. (that explains his whole being level 100 thing.) Also if you ever got the EQ atlas it told some story of a priestess of Erollis Marr that he captured or was going to be sacrficied to him, and she cast a spell tha made him love her. His stomach or his heart or whatever got bigger and than he couldn't leave the Lavastorm mountains.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ff0000></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>Thats all I know about Lord Nagafen. What I want to know is: more history about him. How old is he? Also any other information about him would be appreciated.</FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#3333ff>Now when it comes to Lady Vox, I don't know squat except for the same she was imprsioned stuff. So can anyone tell me anymore info about Lady Vox?</FONT></DIV>

Coniaric
03-09-2005, 11:09 PM
<DIV>Lady Vox was imprisoned deep in Permafrost and she had the egg. Sometimes in the last 500 years, she along with her minions (goblins and ice giants) were killed by the Truthbringer and its drakotas, hence the current version of Vox: Vision of Vox. Nagafen was attacked as well, but he escaped into Lavastorm.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I understand that there is a hallmark quest regarding the egg, Nagafen, and Vox, among others, at level 50 or close.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>*edit* Some typos</DIV><p>Message Edited by Coniaric on <span class=date_text>03-09-2005</span> <span class=time_text>10:10 AM</span>

Zasarix
03-11-2005, 11:35 AM
At level 50 the quest is implanted into your journal, like some crazy facehugger with that plants a prismatic weapon into your chest.

Trebla
03-12-2005, 05:36 AM
<DIV>Here's the text from the EQ Atlas and a reference to a story of Vox.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>------</DIV> <DIV>Here is the Official history behind Nagafen as chronicled by Verant in EverQuest Atlas: The Maps of Myrist (page 293): "Cast out of the Ring of Scale for reasons that still remain unclear, the red dragon Lord Nagafen has resided for centuries in the fiery depths beneath the LavaStorm Mountains.<BR>As Chronicled within the annals of the devout followers of Erollisi Marr known as The Maidens of the Rose, Nagafen, true to his dragon nature exacted a toll in maidens from the people of Qeynos, forcing them to transport one maiden a year across the continent and leave her in his cavern dwelling. This went on for many years, until a pious and beautiful maiden named Erollette - a novice in the temple of Erollisi Marr, the Goddess of Love - was selected. When Erollette sank to the ground before Nagafen, she uttered a final prayer to her goddess, asking only that her sacrifice be the last the maidens of Qeynos must endure.<BR>Her bravery and selflessness touched the goddess, who took pity on her. As Nagafen prepared to dine, Erollisi used a golden thread to sew Nagafen's heart to his stomach, twisting his pangs of hunger into pangs of love for Erollette. Under the enchantment, he could not bear to eat her, or anything else - he was lovelorn after all. So he grew hungrier, but the more he starved the more his heart swelled in his chest and the bigger his body became, until he was so huge he could not leave the confines of his cave. He begged her to stay with him, but seeing the dragon was helpless, Erollette rejoiced and returned home to report the good news and dedicate her life to worship."<BR>In the original Official EverQuest strategy guide (and the Kunark guide, p. 181), it was hinted that the ice giants were attempting to unite Lady Vox with Lord Nagafen (with the help of some greedy barbarians) but no mention of their past was made.<BR>----</DIV>

Kalria
01-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to pinpoint EQ and EQ2 lore concerning these two. Anyone know ingame books or quest links or something that can give me more details, please?

Cusashorn
01-08-2008, 02:04 AM
<cite>Armill wrote:</cite><blockquote><DIV><FONT color=#ff0000>Alright being a big fan of lord Nagafen, I would just like to say some things. First of all he is a dragon. He was imprisoned for trying to have a baby dragon not unlike Kerafyrm with Vox. He was imprisoned by the Ring of the Scale. Apparently during the shattering he gained a whole lot of power. (that explains his whole being level 100 thing.) Also if you ever got the EQ atlas it told some story of a priestess of Erollis Marr that he captured or was going to be sacrficied to him, and she cast a spell tha made him love her. His stomach or his heart or whatever got bigger and than he couldn't leave the Lavastorm mountains.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ff0000></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>Thats all I know about Lord Nagafen. What I want to know is: more history about him. How old is he? Also any other information about him would be appreciated.</FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#3333ff>Now when it comes to Lady Vox, I don't know squat except for the same she was imprsioned stuff. So can anyone tell me anymore info about Lady Vox?</FONT></DIV></blockquote> A mob's level has NOTHING to do with his actual strength. Do you really think there are rats in Norrath strong enough to kill some of the most powerful mages and dragons in the world? We don't know how old any of the dragons in EQ lore are. None of them tell us how old they are, nor are we ever given actual dates of reference for events (with a few exceptions such as the lieutenant journals from the 2nd Rallosian War.) Lady Vox's story is even further in the dark. We know she was imprisoned for the same reason as Lord Nagafen, and that she was assassinated by the Drakota. Even before she died, we didn't know much about her, other than she also used her draconic influence to take over Permafrost and make her prison quite bearable for her existance there, just as Lord Nagafen has done to Solusek's Eye.

DreamerClou
01-08-2008, 03:57 AM
<cite>TreblaBB wrote:</cite><blockquote><div>Here's the text from the EQ Atlas and a reference to a story of Vox.</div><div>------</div><div>Here is the Official history behind Nagafen as chronicled by Verant in EverQuest Atlas: The Maps of Myrist (page 293): "Cast out of the Ring of Scale for reasons that still remain unclear, the red dragon Lord Nagafen has resided for centuries in the fiery depths beneath the LavaStorm Mountains.As Chronicled within the annals of the devout followers of Erollisi Marr known as The Maidens of the Rose, Nagafen, true to his dragon nature exacted a toll in maidens from the people of Qeynos, forcing them to transport one maiden a year across the continent and leave her in his cavern dwelling. This went on for many years, until a pious and beautiful maiden named Erollette - a novice in the temple of Erollisi Marr, the Goddess of Love - was selected. When Erollette sank to the ground before Nagafen, she uttered a final prayer to her goddess, asking only that her sacrifice be the last the maidens of Qeynos must endure.Her bravery and selflessness touched the goddess, who took pity on her. As Nagafen prepared to dine, Erollisi used a golden thread to sew Nagafen's heart to his stomach, twisting his pangs of hunger into pangs of love for Erollette. Under the enchantment, he could not bear to eat her, or anything else - he was lovelorn after all. So he grew hungrier, but the more he starved the more his heart swelled in his chest and the bigger his body became, until he was so huge he could not leave the confines of his cave. He begged her to stay with him, but seeing the dragon was helpless, Erollette rejoiced and returned home to report the good news and dedicate her life to worship."In the original Official EverQuest strategy guide (and the Kunark guide, p. 181), it was hinted that the ice giants were attempting to unite Lady Vox with Lord Nagafen (with the help of some greedy barbarians) but no mention of their past was made.----</div></blockquote>Should this story be taken as truth or is it just propaganda for the followers of Erollisi Marr?  To think Nagafen was duped so badly is depresssing, lol