PDA

View Full Version : The Rending & The Shattering

Sorvani
03-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Ok we know the Shattering is recent history. 10-25 years ago. It is when Luclin's Veil was pierced and Luclin itself exploded.The Rending took place previous to that somewhere from 100-150 years ago? Or do i have that timeline wrong? The Rending was known by massive earthquakes, extreme seas, and other assorted earth movement.My question is, which one of these two events actually shaped Norrath? From what i've been reading, it seems that the Rending is what tore Antonica into pieces, caused Lake of Ill Omen to flood, melted vellious, and generally caused loss of contact with all the original sub continents. Things had finally calmed down, and Freeport and Qeynos began accepting refugees, then the Shattering happened causing your basic impact craters and tidal waves etc.input welcome.

BLOODka
03-05-2005, 09:08 PM
<DIV>You pretty much explained it yourself lol</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But the Shattering happened 15 years prior</DIV>

Sorvani
03-05-2005, 10:37 PM
just read the cauldron hollow lore.. per that the rending lasted "The destruction wouldlast close to a century."so that puts the rending at 50-150 years ago. oh and this lore did confirm that the rending shpaed the continents as they now are.