PDA

View Full Version : Who are 'Drakotas' and 'The Destoryer' cited in the book 'The Age of Turmoil'?

seedsm
03-04-2005, 11:13 AM
<DIV>Hello, Norrathians,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'm very fond of background stories of RPG games. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I've read about ages before The Age of Turmoil (Elder ~ Enlightenment) but found a couple of unfamiliar names cited in this part. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>'Drakotas' and 'The Destroyer'</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>After referring to later history, I surmised that Drakotas were powerful servants of drangons but sealed cause they rebelled against their masters and 'The Destroyer' designates lesser race adventurers who found and messed Kunark.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Please let me know If I understood correctly and introduce any historical events related to both of them. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Additionally, in same story of the Age of Turmoil, does exiled ones means Vox and Nagafens?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>btw, I'd like to give my sincere appreciation to Aionia, who is working on the norrathian compendium of history and lore.</DIV> <DIV>Your works helps me enjoy best part of RPG to me. </DIV><p>Message Edited by seedsman on <span class=date_text>03-03-2005</span> <span class=time_text>10:49 PM</span>

NocteBla
03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
<DIV>Drakotas are exactly as you had guessed, just servants of dragons, although some can be pretty powerful on their own.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Destroyer refers to Kerafrym, the first and (so far) only prismatic dragon. Two dragons of different colors/elements are not allowed to mate. If they do, a prismatic is born. Super powerful dragon blah blah uncontrollable blah blah  you get the point. Well sure enough, 2 dragons decided to break this rule a long long long time ago, they had a prismatic dragon (Kerafrym). Parents were punished, Kerafrym was put into a state of magical slumber (he is called 'The Sleeper' as well because of this). One day, some idiot adventurers (that's us players) poked their nose into something they should have left alone and decide to wake him up. Well he killed them. Then he killed pretty much everyone in the dragon city that put him to sleep so long ago, then he flew off. He kicked so much tail they called him The Destroyer.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It should be noted that a common misconception about The Sleeper is that he is the child of Vox and Nagafen. Not true. As of EQ2, Vox and Nagafen have mated, but the egg has not hatched yet.</DIV>

Uchiha Itac
03-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Drakotas are supposed to be pretty weak with the highest being at 55 ^^^ group 4x and pretty easy to kill, I think their power is in numbers.

Bur
03-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Ladon and Anguis are drakotas.(http://eq2players.station.sony.com/images/en/content_images/cogglesworth/screenshots/ladon.jpg)

troodon311
03-05-2005, 03:01 PM
<DIV>Ladon's dead... I killed him :smileytongue:</DIV>

Sorvani
03-05-2005, 09:51 PM
in the EQL timeline, drakotas were not even known about until the Omens of War expansion. they were all trapped/enslaved in the realm of discord as i understand it.. I quit playing after GoD so i could be mistaken.

DruVir
03-09-2005, 03:26 AM
<DIV>Actually, "The Destroyer" is not Kerafyrm. It is said in more lore in EQ2 that once the Nest was found in Everfrost the dragons were unable to keep hold of the seal which held Nagafen at bay. Breaking free, Nagafen was able to meet up with Vox once more. The Drakota were then sent to kill them both, however knew they couldn't take on them together. So, Nagafen ends up leaving once they mate, and the Drakota's slay Lady Vox. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nagafen once more returns to his own lair where he is able to hold back the Drakota assassination attempt long enough to give birth to The Destroyer. I forget what his true name is, however. And yes, Lord Nagafen is the one who had the egg for the new prismatic dragon. </DIV>

NocteBla
03-09-2005, 05:15 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> DruVirus wrote:<BR> <DIV>Actually, "The Destroyer" is not Kerafyrm. <BR> <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Actually, yes it is. Kerafrym was woken by adventurers, and went on a destructive rampage in Skyshrine. He was put to sleep in the first place because of his uncontrollable destructive nature. <A href="http://eq2.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_section.phtml?site=68&id=268" target=_blank>Proof (thanks to eq2.warcry.com)</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Rending loosened the prisons that held Nagafen and Vox, and the two mated finally. Vox held onto the egg, and was waiting for Nagafen to take it back with him to Lavastorm/Solusek's Eye for the warmth needed to hatch it. Before he could get there, Darathar (aka The Truthbringer) and his drakotas went to Vox's lair, and killed her. An attempt was made at Nagafen as well, but it ended in a stalemate, but Darathar has the egg. Once you learn the Dragon language, Nagafen gives you the Deception quest to get his egg back. The egg has not hatched, and once you finish the Deception quest, it is destroyed. The egg shards become your prismatic weapon of choice (along with a spiffy 'of the Shard' title).</DIV>

Sorvani
03-09-2005, 05:55 AM
[Removed for Content]is the point of the Naggy and Vox comment in section IV? their names were never even brought up in the lore until that point.. if they meant too reference why they were banished, there should have been a note about them following the path of the two dead lovers..

Bizar
03-15-2005, 11:49 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> NocteBlanc wrote: <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Rending loosened the prisons that held Nagafen and Vox, and the two mated finally. Vox held onto the egg, and was waiting for Nagafen to take it back with him to Lavastorm/Solusek's Eye for the warmth needed to hatch it. Before he could get there, Darathar (aka The Truthbringer) and his drakotas went to Vox's lair, and killed her. An attempt was made at Nagafen as well, but it ended in a stalemate, but Darathar has the egg. </DIV> <P> <HR> </P> <P>A minor correction. After the dracota kill Vox the egg does not come into the Darathar's possession. The ice giant King Drayek steals the egg and keeps it a secret, even from Nagafen. After you defeat him then Darathar appears and takes the egg from you. Once you take the shattered egg back to Nagafen he tells you doesn't care that the egg is destroyed as he has others, he just couldn't have even one not accounted for.<BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE>

Methrill.Rundran
08-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I know Tarinax's full name is "Tarinax the Destroyer". I think I've seen some EQ1 lore that relates him to Drakota. Some talk of a harness or something... I dare say it's googleable...

Rainmare
08-01-2009, 09:11 PM
<p>I imagine a referance to the Destroyer with/in line with the Drakota is probably a referance to Tarinax the Destroyer, the first dragon to wield the power of the Harness that keeps the drakota in line. if I remember right, Tarinax fell to a mortal wielding a weapon called heartreaver? and then the Harness went to Darathar. whom we later kill as well. so the Harness is now unaccounted for, the drakota are free from it.</p><p>Nagafen and Vox are probably the Exiled ones, being sent to seperate prisions to prevent them from mating and creating another Kerafyrm. Vox sealed in Permafrost, Nagafen in Soluesk Eye.</p><p>They do get loose/mate, and Nagafen lays claim to a cluch of prismatic eggs...but one is unaccounted for. he promises you any one item of his vast hoard, in exchange for two tasks. Ressurect Vox, and get him the missing egg.</p><p>your rez attempt on vox fails. probably due to it's a dragonic nature and you just ain't powerful enough to do it properly.</p><p>you try to get the egg from Drayek, kill him, Darathar snags it. you go to get it from Darathar, and break it in the fight. this is when Nagafen reveals that he has a clutch, just wanted to get the missing one. since we failed both tasks, he has a shard of the egg made into your prismatic weapon as your reward.</p>

Cusashorn
08-01-2009, 09:28 PM
<p>Woah. Epic Necropost.</p>

Xalmat
08-03-2009, 03:43 AM
<p>Hey, necroposts are allowed in the History and Lore forums.</p><p>Official EQ1 in-game dialog regarding Kerafyrm's origins, in Skyshrine. It does not cite Vox and Nagafen as being the parents, but it doesn't rule them out (but other lore supposedly does).</p><p>You say, 'Hail, Jortreva the Crusader'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader lifts her wings in a graceful motion as she lowers her chin to eye Ironhand in greetings, 'I am Jortreva, Crusader of Veeshan. I am the ear to the whispers upon the shadows and the eyes to witness the tainted footsteps of our enemies that corrupt our path. Your kind, the second generation of the lesser gods' creation, have brought us into being as we are now -- for that, we hold neither gratitude nor contempt. It is your actions that have sent us spiraling through an umbra of immeasurable danger that could secure the destruction of all upon this world, but it shall be through the undying efforts of the [champions] that we may have some chance to ward this darkness back into the oblivion it strives to create.'</p><p>You say, 'What are champions?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'We are four elemental dragons bred to be champions among our people -- within this world. We do not seek recognition or praise from either world -- yours or that of Veeshan's brood -- but we seek to protect and maintain the balance that keeps our worlds separate, yet unified upon the same plane of existence. When Kerafyrm was first placed into stasis by our predecessors, the elemental warders, the [council] ordered the arranged breeding of what would be the warders' replacements when the time came for their stations to ascend. However, the unpredicted actions of the second generation have thrown us into a new role -- the role of Crusaders.'</p><p>You say, 'What council?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'When dragon kind was accompanied upon this world by the lesser god's intrusion, the council of elders was formed. Immediately our ancestors realized the need for our kind to be of sound unification if we were to prevail and remain the superior beings upon what is rightfully our world. As we watched the eras pass through both the second generation and our own cultures, the members of the council changed. Eventually, one known as Kildrukaun would be appointed Arch Priest of Veeshan through divine rite and ceremony -- a sacred part of our institution that I shall not divulge to one as yourself. His first decree would be to condemn the unification of souls between dragons whose elemental influences were of opposition. It was of his belief, and thus the belief of the council, that such a union was against Veeshan's will and would have dire consequences upon the entire dragon nation. Time would pass again before [fate] would descend upon Kildrukaun's decree.'</p><p>You say, 'What fate?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'Two dragons of opposite elemental powers confronted the council with their desire to mate. Kildrukaun immediately dismissed any blessing and ordered the dragons from ever fulfilling their desires. These two were young still and very headstrong, regarding the council and its rules to be outdated when considering the growing influence and power of the second generation. They fled to unknown corners of Norrath and there, they bound their souls in a sacred union that would forge the first prismatic dragon. When knowledge of this event came to the council, Kildrukaun, a being of great wisdom and calm heart for regard of his own people looked upon the prismatic's creation as that of Veeshan's will, for conceivably unto him, only Veeshan herself could defy her great priest's rule. The council was in agreement and the hatchling, who would be named Kerafyrm, the Prophetic Savior, was allowed to continue existence under close watch that would be [governed by Kildrukaun himself].'</p><p>You say, 'How was it governed by Kildrukaun himself?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'Although Kildrukaun was inspired and intrigued by Kerafyrm's existence, he was wary still for he had yet to be witness to the true intent of Veeshan's will. In this time, the dragon nation had split and were in opposing power -- the Ring of Scale whom fled their native Velious for Kunark, and the Claws of Veeshan, the original order and council of dragon kind. It was known that Kildrukaun was furious with the recent division and he strongly believed that it was Veeshan's will for the dragon nations to reunite once again, lest they become as weak and pitiful as the second generation. He viewed Kerafyrm to be the road that would guide the dragons to unification, although it was a unification that would be borne of an unknown purpose that Kerafyrm served. Kildrukaun never interacted with the young prismatic dragon, but served as the dictator behind his mentors. Eventually, Kerafyrm would rise to a power unseen within any dragon of his still fledgling age and Kildrukaun's [prophecy] would be born.'</p><p>You say, 'What Prophecy?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'Kildrukaun was of the mind that Kerafyrm was meant to lead the dragon nation in a civil war -- the Claws of Veeshan invading the great mountain fortress known as Veeshan's Peak that the Ring of Scale had established. He was certain that his campaign would unify the dragons and this was nothing less than the will of Veeshan herself. The council dismissed Kildrukaun's prophecy, exclaiming that although they must find a way to bring the Ring of Scale back under the wing of the elder council, they could not wage a war and abandon the threat of Kael Drakkal. Kildrukaun was furious, although he did not confront the council directly. Over the passing centuries, he would sway three of the [council elders] to his side and would personally oversee Kerafyrm's final stages of growth. Eventually the time would come when the council would [recognize their mistake] in allowing Kerafyrm to exist and their order for his termination would be the greatest impact in their destiny.'</p><p>You say, 'How would the recognize their mistake?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'Kerafyrm quickly ascended the ranks within the Claws of Veeshan and eventually became our most powerful general. He led several successful campaigns against the rising threat of the giants of Kael and his influence grew among the elders of the council. However, something dark grew within him -- his bite became venomous and his talon ruthless in its command over his troops and allies. Eventually, his dominion and influence was nothing short of a monstrous creature of pure malignant hatred and an unrivaled lust for destruction and chaos that the council had no other choice but to demand his destruction -- a rule that Kildrukaun was present to hear and deceitfully condone. Shortly thereafter, Kildrukaun and four council elders whom the arch priest had managed to sway with his charismatic diplomacy and sound argument of his prophecy flew to Kerafyrm's side, where the four of them made preparations for the inevitable [war] to come.'</p><p>You say, 'What war?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'Although short lived, the war between Kerafyrm's legions and those of the Claws of Veeshan would be a near crippling blow to the survival of the elder dragon council upon Velious. Kerafyrm's legions were severely outnumbered by those of the elder council, but time and time again they displayed their awesome strength and power. Eventually, Kerafyrm was restrained and taken to what would be his place of indefinite slumber. The four traitorous elders fled Velious safely to unknown locations, where they would lay in wait until the time came that Kerafyrm would be released. After centuries of hiding, the Ancients have returned and they now have a near unbreakable hold upon the former tomb of their master, where again they lay in wait -- anticipating the arrival of their master and the time to execute the undoubtedly phenomenal plan that will [bring about the extinction of all great existence] upon Norrath if they are successful.'</p><p>You say, 'why will they bring about the extinction of all great existence?'</p><p>Jortreva the Crusader says 'Kildrukaun has always despised the second generation and has long sought your total demise. Kerafyrm undoubtedly seeks vengeance for the actions of the Claws of Veeshan against him and together, the arch priest and Kerafyrm will seek to reconstruct this world in their own mind's image of what it should be -- a world that belongs solely to Veeshan's children, reborn in Kildrukaun's ideals, and subservient to Kerafyrm. They are truly mad with hate and an untamable lust for destruction -- one that [we must extinguish] forever.'</p>

Banditman
08-03-2009, 10:30 AM
<p>I also don't think that the end of the Fire and Ice / Deception quest lines were the end of the Vox / Nagafen offspring.  I believe the text at the end of it all has Nagafen saying that the egg Darathar had was only one of many and that he wasn't overly concerned about it's destruction, only that Darathar not have it.</p>

Cusashorn
08-03-2009, 12:19 PM
<p><cite>Xalmat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Hey, necroposts are allowed in the History and Lore forums.</p></blockquote><p>Yes, but one from when the game wasn't even 5 months old yet?</p>

Dragowulf
08-03-2009, 05:06 PM
<p><cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Xalmat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Hey, necroposts are allowed in the History and Lore forums.</p></blockquote><p>Yes, but one from when the game wasn't even 5 months old yet?</p></blockquote><p>I agree with Cusa.  The necro was frickin epic.</p>

Barx
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Xalmat wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p>Hey, necroposts are allowed in the History and Lore forums.</p></blockquote><p>Yes, but one from when the game wasn't even 5 months old yet?</p></blockquote><p>I agree with Cusa.  The necro was frickin epic.</p></blockquote><p>Agreed. I think this is the oldest thread I've ever seen rezzed... on any forum.</p>

Illine
08-04-2009, 05:18 AM
<p><cite>Uchiha Itachi wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Drakotas are supposed to be pretty weak with the highest being at 55 ^^^ group 4x and pretty easy to kill, I think their power is in numbers.</blockquote><p>there are drakotas in VP.</p><p>mylex, ashenclaw and the storm caller.</p><p>so there are some powerfull drakotas</p>

Barx
08-04-2009, 09:54 AM
<p><cite>[email protected] wrote:</cite></p><blockquote><p><cite>Uchiha Itachi wrote:</cite></p><blockquote>Drakotas are supposed to be pretty weak with the highest being at 55 ^^^ group 4x and pretty easy to kill, I think their power is in numbers.</blockquote><p>there are drakotas in VP.</p><p>mylex, ashenclaw and the storm caller.</p><p>so there are some powerfull drakotas</p></blockquote><p>You realize that what you quoted was posted in 2005, long before anyone ever knew VP was coming back into the game, right?</p><p>Ah, necroposts.</p>