PDA

View Full Version : The Peat Bog. What was it?

dobbin
01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Not having played EQL but wanting to know more of the lore, I have read almost everyting on these boards about positions of locations from the original. I was just wondering what the Peat Bog could have been previously. I looked at a map of the zone, and it seems to be a series of circles, could these have been towers? As it seems certain that the location of Qeynos has shifted, could this throw some light on where it moved to. Could be totally wrong and it may not be anything from the original.

Daeanor
01-25-2005, 09:32 PM
<DIV>Well, they specifically say that Forest Ruins used to be the mage towers. I wonder if there were earlier mage towers or interim ones? There's nothing in EQ1 that quite matches the footprint that I can think of. In the mage class quest, they ask you to kill some sludges, which are supposed to be the remains of a summoning that got discarded, so it kind of fits they were once a mage area too.</DIV>

BLOODka
02-05-2005, 09:08 PM
<DIV>It coulda just formed there and always been there, just not "important" enough for it's inclusion in EQLive (didnt think of it before then really) but swamps and marshes appear where the climate is right, mostly near coasts, Qeynos is on a coast and is in a Mild/Temperate climate (much like Virginia or Louisiana who both have swamps)</DIV>

Mordock of the Highwynd
02-06-2005, 03:23 AM
There were some ruins near Qeynos called the AL Karad ruins. It was in the middle of bunches of swamps. It's probably that.<p>Message Edited by Mordock of the Highwynd on <span class=date_text>02-05-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:25 PM</span>