PDA

View Full Version : Condemned Catacomb

Enis
01-20-2005, 03:02 AM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but i figured people interested in lore would be able to help me out on this.I just read the summary of the lore about the catacomb on the front page, it says this: The Concordium fears that the catacomb is home to the dark mage, Vindiami the Ancient, who the Necrosis goblin clan is attempting to awaken. The Temple of Life has dispatched an emissary into Antonica to investigate the situation and recruit any willing adventurers who would like to assist in ridding the world of these dangerous evils.Then, below that, they wrote a summary of a quest related to the catacomb: Sir Dinzzie wants you to slay an ancient evil that lurks deep inside the Condemned Catacomb. You must find a way to wake and slay Vindiami the Ancient if you are to be successful. So, my question is...Why in the world must i find a way to wake Vindiami? This is, if we're looking from a roleplaying point of view and want to help Qeynos rather then get phat lewtz. If Qeynos is trying to stop the goblins from waking the dark mage, why are they telling people to go wake the mage - and then possibly get killed by him and unleash an evil upon the world?I mean, if anything, we should be trying to stop the goblins from waking the dark mage and ensuring that he does NOT get waken. Even if i use my imagination to think of an odd way in which it would make sense to have to slay him yourself to ensure he doesn't get awaken again, i don't see why we can't let the goblins handle that for us.<p>Message Edited by Enishi on <span class=date_text>01-19-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:02 PM</span>

TheWays
01-20-2005, 03:08 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Enishi wrote:<BR>I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but i figured people interested in lore would be able to help me out on this.<BR><BR>I just read the summary of the lore about the catacomb on the front page, it says this: <BR><BR>The Concordium fears that the catacomb is home to the dark mage, Vindiami the Ancient, who the Necrosis goblin clan is attempting to awaken. The Temple of Life has dispatched an emissary into Antonica to investigate the situation and recruit any willing adventurers who would like to assist in ridding the world of these dangerous evils.<BR><BR><BR>Then, below that, they wrote a summary of a quest related to the catacomb: <BR><BR>Sir Dinzzie wants you to slay an ancient evil that lurks deep inside the Condemned Catacomb. You must find a way to wake and slay Vindiami the Ancient if you are to be successful. <BR><BR><BR>So, my question is...Why in the world must i find a way to wake Vindiami? This is, if we're looking from a roleplaying point of view and want to help Qeynos rather then get phat lewtz. If Qeynos is trying to stop the goblins from waking the dark mage, why are they telling people to go wake the mage - and then possibly get killed by him and unleash an evil upon the world?<BR><BR>I mean, if anything, we should be trying to stop the goblins from waking the dark mage and ensuring that he does NOT get waken. Even if i use my imagination to think of an odd way in which it would make sense to have to slay him yourself to ensure he doesn't get awaken again, i don't see why we can't let the goblins handle that for us. <P>Message Edited by Enishi on <SPAN class=date_text>01-19-2005</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>02:02 PM</SPAN><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Well, the key here is wake and <EM>slay</EM>. I dont think the goblins will be too keen about spending all their time waking him simply to kill him off.  They likely see him as some sort of powerful leader to which they would love to serve, goblins are kinda tricky like that.  Besides you are personally ensuring that this Vindiami won't cause anymore trouble until the instance repops, so the people of Qeynos can sleep peacefully.<BR>

Enis
01-20-2005, 06:29 PM
<DIV>Well, i was implying we'd be killing him after the goblins wake him rather then waking him and killing him. Ya know...let the gobbies to half the work! </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And my other method of killing the gobbies should still work too. I'm sure we'll have to kill some of them  to wake him anyway, to get their evil dood waking tools! So why not just...ensure the gobbies don't wake him and be done with it?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Both ways still seem to make more sense then the odd way SOE gave us!</DIV>