PDA

View Full Version : Kerra, few short questions...

Zeal
01-18-2005, 08:29 PM
<DIV>1. Any hints out there to the god that cerated them? Listed as Unknown, I'm thinking they just "evoled". If that is case; that makes the Kerra differnt from all other races.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>2. (Briefly played Vahshir in Eqlive) Which "god" do they worship if any? I was thinking they were sort of like the barbains and served a sort of tribunal. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>3. Kerra are not Vah-Shir, but the other way around the Vah-Shir are Kerran that evolved from the parent race while on moon. However the Vah-Shir history and beginning does play a role in the Kerra's background. Therefore, Please explain to me and clarify for me How the Vah-Shir ended up on moon.  (I know Euridite in a war of some sort blow them up there in an explosion of some sort...but Who were fighting, and why?)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>4. How long to Kerra live? I've found a good bit of info on the lifespans of the other races, but not the Kerra.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thank you in advance for responces.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Gobbwin
01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Zealot wrote:<BR> <DIV>1. Any hints out there to the god that cerated them? Listed as Unknown, I'm thinking they just "evoled". If that is case; that makes the Kerra differnt from all other races.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>None that I have seen, I agree with you assumption that they just evolved.  Although I believe that ages ago I heard rumor that they were an accidental (and unwanted) creation of the Erudites, I'll have to check deeper into that later though.</FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>2. (Briefly played Vahshir in Eqlive) Which "god" do they worship if any? I was thinking they were sort of like the barbains and served a sort of tribunal. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>They were Agnostic (no god) regardless of the class that you chose to play.  I had a Vah Bard, Shammy, BL, and War and all were agnostic, I'm fairly positive that you didn't have a choice in gods at all, but I could be wrong on that.</FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>3. Kerra are not Vah-Shir, but the other way around the Vah-Shir are Kerran that evolved from the parent race while on moon. However the Vah-Shir history and beginning does play a role in the Kerra's background. Therefore, Please explain to me and clarify for me How the Vah-Shir ended up on moon.  (I know Euridite in a war of some sort blow them up there in an explosion of some sort...but Who were fighting, and why?)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>The erudites were fighting themselves.  To clarify, there are 3 accepted forms of magic within their culture (magician <summoner>, wizard, and enchanter), some decided that they wanted to add a 4th (necromancy).  They later booted these erudites out, who later formed their own city of Paineel, eventually the good erudites decided to wipe out the bad ones.  During the battle a large chunk of Norrath was blown to the moon, creating the zone known as "the Hole".  There was a kerran tribe living on that chunk which survived the journey and formed the Vah Shir.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>For more information on the war visit: <A href="http://eq2.stratics.com/content/lore/lore_folk_erudites.php" target=_blank>http://eq2.stratics.com/content/lore/lore_folk_erudites.php</A><A href="http://my.core.com/~mickiep/lore/inthebeginning/ageofenlightenment/erudineandheretics.htm" target=_blank></A></FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>4. How long to Kerra live? I've found a good bit of info on the lifespans of the other races, but not the Kerra.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00>Kerran live about 100-140 years old.</FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thank you in advance for responces.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

Sebastien
01-18-2005, 10:00 PM
About religion: "Kerra are shamanistic in nature, worshiping no specific deity but honoring the spirits of the land and those of their ancestors." Oddly enough, Kerra are the only race in Freeport that does not mock me, as a half-elf. They tell me something like "Don't worry friend. Your heritage makes little difference to a Kerra." Somehow they seem to be a more open minded people, and to be honest, I am not sure what brought some of them under Lucan's influence.Their relationship with the Erudites is more complex. The first great leader of the Kerra was Kejaan (possible reference to the great Korean king Se-Jong?). He united the scattered tribes of kerra on the continent of Odus. But then came Erud, and his followers, and basically they decided that they wanted the land for themselves. It seems the two races lived in an uneasy peace for a while. (Again, it seems the Kerra are a very tolerant people and not warlike)But eventually a civil war broke out between the "true" Erudites and the Heretics, who practiced the forbidden art of necromancy. Now, here there is a bit of conflicting information between the guide and the in-game lore. I will go with the in-game lore. According to one Kerra in Freeport, the Kerra were present during the great transformation that changed Erudites from human to their current form. It might have been a side affect of this powerful transformation that part of Odus was translocated to the moon of Luclin, leaving a gaping Hole in the world.Kejaan's son, Vah Kerrath, was among those who survived the translocation of Kerra village, and took up the ruling seat of the new Vah Shir subculture. The Kerra who remained planetside moved from Odus, distrustful of the Erudites (who could blame them?), and founded Kerra Isle. Again, we can see their peaceful nature and tolerance of others.. rather than retaliate or lash out against Erud they simply moved, to avoid conflict.Some unanswered questions:(1) Is it possible any Vah Shir survived / were saved from the distruction of Luclin?(2) Does Kerra Isle still exist?(3) What happened to bring some Kerra to Qeynos and some to Freeport, during the Shattering?We only have this little clue from the guide: "It was one of these Kerra [meaning: one of the Kerra that came back from Luclin to live with her ancestors], a monk named Evora, who received the Word of the Tranquil and took her followers to Antonica to watch for the prophecy to be fulfilled."I suppose that would make Quellious a patron Goddess for the Kerra living in Qeynos?<p>Message Edited by Sebastien on <span class=date_text>01-18-2005</span> <span class=time_text>09:02 AM</span>

iceriven2
01-20-2005, 12:37 AM
<blockquote><hr>Sebastien wrote:About religion: "Kerra are shamanistic in nature, worshiping no specific deity but honoring the spirits of the land and those of their ancestors." Oddly enough, Kerra are the only race in Freeport that does not mock me, as a half-elf. They tell me something like "Don't worry friend. Your heritage makes little difference to a Kerra." Somehow they seem to be a more open minded people, and to be honest, I am not sure what brought some of them under Lucan's influence.Their relationship with the Erudites is more complex. The first great leader of the Kerra was Kejaan (possible reference to the great Korean king Se-Jong?). He united the scattered tribes of kerra on the continent of Odus. But then came Erud, and his followers, and basically they decided that they wanted the land for themselves. It seems the two races lived in an uneasy peace for a while. (Again, it seems the Kerra are a very tolerant people and not warlike)But eventually a civil war broke out between the "true" Erudites and the Heretics, who practiced the forbidden art of necromancy. Now, here there is a bit of conflicting information between the guide and the in-game lore. I will go with the in-game lore. According to one Kerra in Freeport, the Kerra were present during the great transformation that changed Erudites from human to their current form. It might have been a side affect of this powerful transformation that part of Odus was translocated to the moon of Luclin, leaving a gaping Hole in the world.Kejaan's son, Vah Kerrath, was among those who survived the translocation of Kerra village, and took up the ruling seat of the new Vah Shir subculture. The Kerra who remained planetside moved from Odus, distrustful of the Erudites (who could blame them?), and founded Kerra Isle. Again, we can see their peaceful nature and tolerance of others.. rather than retaliate or lash out against Erud they simply moved, to avoid conflict.Some unanswered questions:(1) Is it possible any Vah Shir survived / were saved from the distruction of Luclin?(2) Does Kerra Isle still exist?(3) What happened to bring some Kerra to Qeynos and some to Freeport, during the Shattering?We only have this little clue from the guide: "It was one of these Kerra [meaning: one of the Kerra that came back from Luclin to live with her ancestors], a monk named Evora, who received the Word of the Tranquil and took her followers to Antonica to watch for the prophecy to be fulfilled."I suppose that would make Quellious a patron Goddess for the Kerra living in Qeynos?<p>Message Edited by Sebastien on <span class=date_text>01-18-2005</span> <span class=time_text>09:02 AM</span><hr></blockquote>kk most of this was right up till the end. during the fight between the heritics and the "true" Erudites the "true" Erudites pulled there power together for a final big blast on panieel. They missed and sent the noble kerra to the moon luclin. Hence the Var Shir. During the times after eq1 the heritics and the "true" Erudites came together and built a temple and through several years and magic use they became what we see today. the kerra all went to kerra island and watched from affar never venturing over to see.