PDA

View Full Version : Owlbears from the Moon

Ragepowers
01-07-2005, 01:03 AM
<DIV>Any clue as to how Owlbears made it off the Moon?</DIV>

Kamimura
01-07-2005, 01:34 AM
<DIV>They might have been brought down by travelers before the spires shut down. Maybe for pets, maybe to train like attack dogs cept you know.. attack bears.</DIV>

Demolitio
01-07-2005, 02:55 AM
<DIV>I think the Gnomes brought them down for their Traveling Gnomish Circus.  I thought I saw a picture somewhere with an owlbear running around with 57 overweight Gnomes riding on it's back, weilding fish, and singing showtunes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Or something like that :</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Whatever the case, I'm sure a Gnome was involved.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>/shrug</DIV>

Ar-Cunin
01-07-2005, 03:39 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kamimura wrote:<BR> <DIV>They might have been brought down by travelers before the spires shut down. Maybe for pets, maybe to train like attack dogs cept you know.. attack bears.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Or maybe as prey for hunters - there certainly exist similar examples in RL

Kamimura
01-07-2005, 05:16 AM
<DIV>True. It could be any number of things really. Even gnome circus bears. :smileytongue:</DIV>

BLOODka
01-07-2005, 09:52 AM
<DIV>Or they existed on Norrath all along...and were brought to Luclin with the Combine Empire?</DIV>

Kamimura
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
<DIV>First time I saw them in EQL was on Luclin, and no where else... Have they been hiding or something? :smileytongue:</DIV>

Gobbwin
01-07-2005, 07:01 PM
<DIV>Remember Kerrans got blown to the moon by the Erudites.  They later became the Vah Shir.  Maby they came down on a chunk of the moon.  Though I agree more with the thought of someone brought them down as pets, weather because they are cute and cuddley (to an ogre) or for their combat abilities, whos to say.  But I'd like to point out that they are in Nek forest, so its likely that if they were pets, the Dark Elves' and they escaped during the war/cataclysms.</DIV>

JDDbull
01-07-2005, 07:03 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Demolitions wrote:<BR> <DIV>I think the Gnomes brought them down for their Traveling Gnomish Circus.  I thought I saw a picture somewhere with an owlbear running around with 57 overweight Gnomes riding on it's back, weilding fish, and singing showtunes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Or something like that :</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Whatever the case, I'm sure a Gnome was involved.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>/shrug</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>LOL, you are quite right, only the gnomes are silly enough to have done this.<BR>

Lok
01-17-2005, 10:56 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Demolitions wrote:<BR> <DIV>I think the Gnomes brought them down for their Traveling Gnomish Circus.  I thought I saw a picture somewhere with an owlbear running around with 57 overweight Gnomes riding on it's back, weilding fish, and singing showtunes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Or something like that :</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Whatever the case, I'm sure a Gnome was involved.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>/shrug</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> [Removed for Content] where do you people come up with this sh*t....geezus

Crend
02-12-2005, 01:05 AM
<DIV>certain people Like those that camped in palodeu caverns kept them as guard animals and there for I assume pets......and since we aren't sure if there were tell tale sighns of luclines demise, it aint to far of a stretch to assume peolple brought them here (Norath). :smileytongue:</DIV>

lucidiq
02-14-2005, 12:47 AM
<DIV>I guess nobody felt that saving the Phargling Fiends (sp) was especially important. We're not seeing them running around. :smileyhappy:</DIV>

BLOODka
02-14-2005, 10:48 PM
<DIV>Like I said, the owlbears were most likely BROUGHT TO LUCLIN by the combine empire, there are lots of mobs that appear now that werent there before like deer and cows.</DIV>

Girl of Destiny
02-15-2005, 06:08 PM
<DIV>Wait.....can owlbears fly ? just a though  :smileyvery-happy:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Vasaren</DIV> <DIV>23 berserker</DIV> <DIV>12 craftsman</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

BLOODka
02-15-2005, 07:18 PM
<DIV>I'd assume they is like ostriches or emus or big bird, they got them wings jack, but they aint for usin!</DIV>

Dazzler-
02-26-2005, 08:08 PM
<DIV>Im guessing Noah the Gnome built a flying ark.....</DIV>

tennj
02-26-2005, 11:56 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> lucidique wrote:<BR> <DIV>I guess nobody felt that saving the Phargling Fiends (sp) was especially important. We're not seeing them running around. :smileyhappy:</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>:smileyvery-happy:  Yea I certainly don't miss those.  </P> <P>/ooc: Can anyone get this DoT off of me please?</P>

Valadinn
02-27-2005, 12:31 PM
<DIV>The Same way Kodiaks moved from the Commonlands to Antonica. (In West Antonica there were just grizzly bears no kodiaks, but there were kodiaks in CL).</DIV>

Hirebra
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
<DIV><A href="http://www.planetadnd.com/interactive_books/mm00236.php" target=_blank>Owlbears in D&D</A> have traditionally been magically created creatures, not natural.</DIV>