PDA

View Full Version : "Recent" lore timeline

Bevyn
01-04-2005, 03:02 AM
I've read the "book of destiny" lore, but I can't put together a general timeline of events. Are these happening over the course of years, decades, or centuries? From the game's start, how long ago was the shattering? the rending? The battle of defiance?I usually make a fairly detailed history of my character, and while I chose to play a "young" elf, that term is rather relative. Should I recall such events or are they much more distant?For that matter, is there any fixed lore regarding the youth of the longer-lived races. I usually assume they age in a manner similar to humans- appearing a "young adult" around 20, but slowing in aging beyond that. I know some other game lore suggests that elves at 100+years are still biological children, but don't know how this one handles them

Kamimura
01-04-2005, 03:25 AM
<DIV>Those events happened over a few hundred years, around 400 or 500 I guess? The shattering was about 10-15 years ago, Moor said that back on the beta boards. Im not sure about the other events. The rending seemed like it happened over a long peroid of time, instead of just one event. The story for it makes it hard to guess too. Was that story being told in this time? Or some years ago? That would also make a difference. Personally it seems to me it was some 50-100 years ago? I dont really know though. The battle I put way back around 300 years? Im in no way sure though, those are just my guesses. Probably not right. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Here is a list of race ages. It's taken from the EQ rpg books, and seem fairly accurate. Some just consiter them suggestions however.</DIV> <DIV>The first number is average lifespan, the second is racial maximum.<BR><BR>Ogre<BR>60-80<BR><BR>Troll<BR>65-89<BR><BR>Barbarian <BR>70-106<BR><BR>Human <BR>75-115<BR><BR>Erudite <BR>90-138<BR><BR>Vah Shir <BR>100-140<BR><BR>Iksar <BR>100-160<BR><BR>Half Elf <BR>110-170<BR><BR>Halfling <BR>100-200<BR><BR>Dwarf <BR>250-450<BR><BR>Gnome <BR>200-500<BR><BR>Wood Elf <BR>300-700<BR><BR>High Elf <BR>350-750<BR><BR>Dark Elf <BR>375-775 </DIV>

Gobbwin
01-04-2005, 05:25 PM
<DIV>Aye, from what I understand, EQ2 takes place 500 years after EQlive.  The events in the first few chapters in the tome of Destany take place shortly after the gods leave, I would guesstimate within a decade after their departure at most.  With the curse lifted, the creations of Rallos wasted little time enacting their plans and they quickly decimated most of Norrath.  Over time the climate slowly changed due to Karana's departure, causing the age of cataclysms.  I'd guesstimate within 50 years of the gods leaving, likely much less is when the cataclysms started.  Remember the war ended a while before the cataclysms began due to the greenmist.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Luclin exploded 10-15 years before EQ2 started, can't remember if I saw that in the tome of destany or not, but I'm positive that Moorguard posted it a while ago.  And pieces of it have been raining down on Norrath ever since, but luckily most of the cataclysms have seemed to have past.  My guess is that while the gods were here everything was strictly regulated, with them gone, it all went haywire but eventually settled down due to natural processes of Norrath taking over for itself, much like the weather patterns of Earth.  There will likely be more cataclysms in the future, as well as more stuff raining down from Luclin, but we'll see.  Again this is all my perception of the events based on the official lore, I could totally be wrong.</DIV>

Bevyn
01-06-2005, 02:56 AM
Ok, from the sound of it then, if my wood elf was in his early 30's, it would be reasonable to assume that:-while "young" for an elf, he's biologically a matured elf and not a 30-year old juvenile.-he was easily born since his people were forced into isolation, since the separation from Feydark was closer to 300+ years ago.-he would have witnessed the shattering of Luclin in his mid-teens.

Kassanya
01-09-2005, 04:17 AM
<DIV>I pressed something agot a message i was double posting....no idea what. Sorry for all the posts.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kassanya on <span class=date_text>01-08-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:19 PM</span>

Kassanya
01-09-2005, 04:17 AM
<DIV>As above :smileyvery-happy:</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kassanya on <span class=date_text>01-08-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:19 PM</span>

Kassanya
01-09-2005, 04:25 AM
<DIV> <DIV>Dunno what I'm doing here to keep double posting...I'm just typing. Would be much appreciated if a mod could clean this up. Kinda funny actually :smileyhappy:</DIV></DIV><p>Message Edited by Kassanya on <span class=date_text>01-08-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:27 PM</span>

Kassanya
01-09-2005, 04:25 AM
<DIV>Good job I can edit. I'm not trying to get my post count up honest.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kassanya on <span class=date_text>01-08-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:27 PM</span>

Kassanya
01-09-2005, 04:38 AM
<DIV> <DIV> <DIV>The way is see the last 500 years timeline is thus (I'm not saying this correct but I looked into this in great detail a while back):</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>500 years ago: The Sleeper awakens, rampages through Velious, and flies of to meet his maker; Veeshan (Moorgard has said the start of the timeline for the lore of EQ2 is the awakening of the Sleeper).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>500-400 years ago (in rough order): The events of Shadows of Luclin, and further EQ expansions.</DIV> <DIV> - The War of the Fay (the Dark Elves and allies mount an offensive on the Faydark). King Tearis Thex is killed and Felwithe destroyed. Kelethin is only saved by the timely intervention of the dwarves and the gnomes sending armies. Many elves migrated to Qeynos after this, Tearis Thex's daughter took over rulership of the Faydark and rebuilt Felwithe and the Elven empire (noone really knows what happens next though)</DIV> <DIV>- Towards the end of the War of the Fay the Leatherfoot Brigade of the Halflings notices that Neriak is somewhat underguarded and invades. An unknown force caves in the foreign quarter of Neriak to prevent any invasion.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>400-15 years ago (I don't think anyone is too sure of the order of these events, though this is a rough idea): The meeting of the gods, in which they decide to break contact with the races. Leading to the attack on the nexus by the forces of Rallos Zek. It must be noted that noone knows how the gods percieve time. This meeting could have been held as early as the start of the PoK events or as late as the War of the Fay. All we do know is the Dark Elves invaded the Faydark via the spires so the Nexus could not have been out of action before that.</DIV> <DIV>- The rise of the Rallosians and the battles of Qeynos and Freeport.</DIV> <DIV>- Other events such as the Rallosians attempting to sieze Kunark, the Iksar armada that raids Faydwar and is caught in storms, the iksar being captured by Freeport, the changing of the Erudites and the banding together of the Kerran races, the migrtaions of the other races of Norrath; the halflings, the gnomes, the dwarves etc.</DIV> <DIV>- The rending of Norrath. A series of Tectonic activity breaks apart the continents. This happened as early as the Iksar sailings to Faydwar as it caused teh storms, though there is no mention during the Rallosian invasions.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>15 years ago: The shattering.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Hope this helps, it is based on a lot of lore I have read on <A href="http://www.eqii.com/" target=_blank>http://www.eqii.com/</A> . Especially read the Moorgard index.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Bryyn Holifeet, templar of Mr Fizzlethorpe (AB server)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>--Yay I finally posted what I wanted without double posts---:smileyvery-happy:</DIV></DIV></DIV>

Kaitar
01-09-2005, 05:02 AM
<DIV>Wow, that does help me a lot. Here I thought the Shattering was a very recent thing. Bah, messes up my whole story for Izzy. Oh well, I can work around it. I'm good that way :smileytongue:</DIV>

Bevyn
01-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks- this really did help me straighten things out for my character. The shattering, for the most part, was a critical element. It's tough planning these in as "life events" when you don't know when, in your character's life, it happened.

MysticTrunks01
01-16-2005, 12:23 AM
<DIV>Yes, Luclin exploding (the Shatering) was 15 years ago give or take.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I always though the Rending (earthquakes, flood and the continents breaking apart) happend around 100 or so years before EQ2.  with the Second Rallosian Army before that and the gods leaving before that (gods leaving about 400 years ago)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>That's my interpritation anyway... it'd be nice if Sony released a time line so we history nerds could all get it right and make accurate bio's for our characters and not have to second guess ourselves.</DIV>

Quillan-Fateba
01-16-2005, 01:44 AM
<DIV>You could probably guess the gods leaving at around the time of Gates of Discord, since that is how it was in EQ1. (The lore still accounts for GoD/OoW a little bit in EQ2; it's in one of the entries)</DIV>

Raszc
01-27-2005, 08:24 PM
<DIV>Hello!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks a hundred times for posting this info!  I was searching for it for six hours today and harassing the people in the chat channel!  (GMCarbon must hate me now.)  For some reason, this entire section of the forums wasn't showing up earlier in the day.  It was driving me completely crazy that I was trying to make a history for my character but couldn't figure out what event he (or his father) witnessed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>There was something that the "big" post in this thread confused me about though.  Is Kelethin destroyed?  If so, does someone know the details?  (e.g. was it warfare or natural disaster?)  I had found it surprising (and a little story-ruining...  :S  ) to learn that Kelethin survived the initial attack in the War of the Fay.  (Is it a bit strange that the Dark Elves would lay siege and successfully destroy Felwithe, a city shielded by a mountain face, but leave Kelethin unarmed when all you have to do is light a bit fire?)   </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In any event, many thanks already.  It was exceeding helpful info!</DIV>

Kamimura
01-27-2005, 11:12 PM
<DIV>In the history of the Feir'Dal book it says Kelethin was hurt badly in the war with the dark elves, but it was rebuilt/fixed up. Then when the second rallosian war was happening most of the wood elves went to Qeynos to help. </DIV>