PDA

View Full Version : Thundering Steppes...

BLOODka
01-03-2005, 09:09 PM
<DIV>OK, I am thinking of two ways this place got it's name. By lore this area is the former "Plains of Karana" from EQ1. Karana was the god of storms. But it is also inhabited by many many giants (hill giants). Therefore it leads me to believe the name comes from:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>A. Karana- God of Storms</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>B. Home of the Hill Giants</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But also, there are giants in Lavastorm, Nektulos Forest, Permafrost, etc. so maybe the giants thing isnt it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My best guess is because the Plains of Karana was ALWAYS STORMING therefore the "Thundering" is Karana's work and not the giants.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'm sure many of you probably already were thinking this but it could have been either. I dunno just somthing I thought about when I was bored.</DIV>

Eff
01-03-2005, 11:24 PM
<DIV>nice theory, my idea of thundering steppes how it got its name was from the many centaurs around and when they all moved as a herd they sounded like thunder, hence the name.</DIV>

Kamimura
01-03-2005, 11:36 PM
<DIV>I think they were probably named after Karana.</DIV>

Gobbwin
01-04-2005, 12:02 AM
<DIV>I have to agree with Effee, due to the large number of Centars in TS and the fact that herds of animals move, their combine movements sound like thunder.</DIV>

NocteBla
01-04-2005, 12:03 AM
<DIV><STRONG>steppe</STRONG></DIV> <DIV><I>n.</I></DIV>A vast semiarid grass-covered plain, as found in southeast Europe, Siberia, and central North America <P> </P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <P>Has nothing to do with giant's feet or centuar's hooves. 'Thundering' probably refers to Karana and that's it.</P>

BLOODka
01-04-2005, 01:04 AM
<DIV>Uhh I know what a "steppe" is I wasnt comparing the "steppe" part I was talking about the Thundering part. Jeez...</DIV>

NocteBla
01-04-2005, 06:03 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> BLOODkane wrote:<BR> <DIV>Uhh I know what a "steppe" is I wasnt comparing the "steppe" part I was talking about the Thundering part. Jeez...</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Oh. :smileyhappy:</FONT></DIV>