PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing World Unfolding

Vaelini
12-20-2004, 06:35 PM
<DIV>It seems so far to me, after playing a long time on EQ1 that EQ2 does not have the same broad world scope delivered. Unless I am missing something we don't get the updates of the wider economic and political goings on, and there is no real plot unfolding within which we as smaller groups participate and aid or hinder.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I hope this is developed soon otherwise we are simply reduced to a slash and burn game which will quickly lose appeal no matter how attractive the graphics.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Cheers</DIV> <DIV>TC</DIV>

Izudin
12-20-2004, 06:56 PM
The game has shipped just a bit over one month ago! Not sure what you expect really...remember, for now you're just a small refugee that has found a new home in a city and just begins to explore the world (what is left of it)...

Gobbwin
12-20-2004, 07:15 PM
<DIV>Most of the lands have either yet to be explored or are just barely being touched.  The average character level in the game is only mid to high 20s.  As far as the "political goings on" remember its only 2 citys (mostly) and many of the former factions have been removed.  Thus why you can't be Qeynosian, kill 500 orcs, then be accepted into FP, just that simple.  Some things are faction based, like being KOS to Centars, etc.  But to compair EQ2 to EQ1 a month after it came out when (depending on when you started playing) EQ1 likely was out for several years prior to you starting to play, thus allowing a lot of time to add stuff.  Though they had quite a bit upon the game initially releasing over 5 years ago, TONS of it was added later.  Stick with just the lore/factions in antonica, limit your EQ scope to that and you'll see that they are fairly compairable.</DIV>