PDA

View Full Version : Teh Blow'd up Moon

Ogrelini
12-18-2004, 07:15 PM
<DIV>Ever wonder what hatched from the moon of Luclin? What sort of MAN-BEAST or Dragon came from the debts of the Ancient Moon?</DIV>

Grozmok
12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
<DIV>My *guess*? Luclin herself. She was trapped on Luclin; this is why she made Grieg insane because he was trying to send the Norratians on the moon that were trapped back to Norrath. She wanted company, or someone else to share in her suffering.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-18-2004, 11:10 PM
<DIV>I dont think it was anything. I think it was just a way to explain what it looked like - that the moon was blowing up from the inside out. Such as the power in the Nexus became unstable, or that stone Ro's army had in there was gaining power to explode, etc.</DIV>

Badda
12-19-2004, 02:25 AM
It sounded to me like a significant ammount of time (several hundred years) had passed between when the Daiku and Ro's minions siezed the Nexus and when Luclin actually exploded. While I think Ro's jewel might hold a clue, I'm not convinced that was the cause. The invasion took place BEFORE the first cataclysm. Perhaps the jewel is what enabled the forced entrance there, or perhaps it is what silenced the spires? I wouldn't discount an entity being born during, because of, or causing the explosion. Legends of the phoenix came to mind when I read that... perhaps it was another Kerafrym. Could a prismatic egg be mistaken for a large jewel?just my 2cp

antipyre
12-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Whole bunch of naked ogre bazaar mules overloaded with overpriced spiderling silk ;p

Kamimura
12-19-2004, 10:29 AM
<DIV>Im not saying it isnt possable that something hatched from the moon, it just isnt the first thing I thought of.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Here are some clips from NPCs in the Nexus (EQL).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Persy Clutches says 'Welcome to the center of Luclin Loresinger, this is a very magical place. The magic that emanates from here can be felt even on the surface. Don't forget to speak to as many of us as you can before you venture far.'<BR><BR>Jayson Bri`Tian says 'Ahh, welcome Loresinger. It is good to see more and more people visiting now that the portals are functional. It took us many, many years to understand the magical powers of Luclin. Whether through dumb luck or divine intervention, we have succeeded in opening the gate back to Norrath.  How long it will stay open, no one knows. My colleagues and I are here to maintain and watch for changes in the Nexus- should anything happen, you will be notified. Safe travels.'<BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Defender Karrik says 'Hail Loresinger, behind me lies the path to the Odus platform. <STRONG>Please refrain from combat while in the Nexus as we have not thoroughly tested how the teleporters would react if exposed to certain magics.</STRONG>'<BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I bolded the last part, because thats the first thing that came to mind reading that story. Any number of causes for the explosion are possable. Something hatching is certinaly one, though personally it isnt what I think. It could be that the war raged on for those few hundred years (less than 500), and it took that long for the Nexus to become so unstable it poped. Or, maybe the jem was keeping it from becoming unstable, but somehow the jem was destroyed and that caused the shattering. Maybe the armies that were invading had other plans, and those left on Luclin destroyed the moon to try and save those on Norrath? Maybe the jem was an egg, maybe it was just stopping travel through the spires/Nexus, maybe it was a weapon of some sort, or something else all together. It's all guesses at this point. </DIV><p>Message Edited by Kamimura on <span class=date_text>12-19-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:29 AM</span>

dark ha
12-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Possible the moon itself was and over-sized egg? when it was ready to hatch the moon exploded?

Gobbwin
12-20-2004, 05:13 PM
<DIV>my 2 cp..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>A 500 year war is possible, but not likely, especially with the number of cities and defenders on the moon.  Couple years, yea, but with the gods gone, the evil forces would have no means of getting more troops, so they'd be killed off eventually.  BUT I would subscribe to they invaded, raged hell for a bit, were eventually defeated, lets just say a couple years or so.  The nexus, shadowhaven, the bazzar, and a few other places are destroyed in the process.  But some survive, likely Katta Castellum, maby Sanctus Seru, but anyways, so they survive, a few centuries go by while they rebuild before they decide to go look for the Nexus and re-open the portals to Norrath.  Eventually they tunnel back into the Nexus and while trying to reopen the portals, BOOM!  That is fairly possible if you think about it, Neriak was sealed off centuries ago, yet only very recently was it even partially excavated.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As far as the stone goes, I believe that is what shut down the portals, likely removing it caused the explosion.  I've read a bit of lore on what it could be, though with little to go on, I'd rather say that I haven't a clue on what it actually is.</DIV>

Joxer
12-21-2004, 04:02 PM
<DIV>err wassnt "the sleeper" awakened who flew off right through luclin?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thought i read that somewhere.</DIV>

Gobbwin
12-21-2004, 05:43 PM
<DIV>The sleeper was awoken 500 years ago, killed a bunch of dragons and flew off, in search of Veeshan.  Not through luclin though.  The explosion occured 10-15 years ago game time and though possible that he returned to destroy it, unlikely.  He's insane and loves to kill and destroy, he wouldn't have just stopped with Luclin.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-22-2004, 12:35 AM
<DIV>When the Sleeper awoke he went on a rampage around Velious killing the members of the Claws of Veeshan (Velious dragon faction), because they were the ones who put him in his sleep. He also killed anyone who 'got in his way' - or you know, anyone who was there, in his way or not. When he was done with that he flew off to find Veeshan. I dont know if he wanted to kill her, or what. If he did find her, and tried to attack her, he was probably killed by her. He was strong, but I dont think he was that strong.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As for the actual Luclin being an egg.. well, a good part of the inside of Luclin was hollow. Thats what the Nexus, Shadow Haven, Bazaar, Echo, and several other zones were - the caverns inside of Luclin. So I doubt the whole moon could have been an egg. Doesnt mean an egg couldnt have been inside Luclin, however.</DIV>

Kondul
12-23-2004, 02:08 AM
I could be wrong, but didn't Luclin drive Greig crazy for having brought the Norrathians to Luclin in the first place? Luclin was angry because her private little realm had been invaded. She tried, quite forcefully, to destroy the Vah Shir when they first arrived, and likewise assaulted both Katta Castlum and Sanctus Seru.My theory is that for 500 years Luclin's creatures continued to attack the "invaders." I'd imagine with a force as powerful as Ro's army on the invading side, the Ah'kheva probably got into it full force again. When, after several hundred years their attacks still proved fruitless and their god was seemingly gone, they decided to do the only thing that seemed logical in their twisted, undead minds, protect the sanctity of their goddesses realm by placing it out of reach of anyone, friend or foe. *BOOM*

Kamimura
12-23-2004, 06:10 AM
<DIV>From what I remember Greig was the guy who brought everyone to Luclin in the first place. When they couldnt get the Nexus to bring them back, he went about trying to build a portal back to Norrath. Luclin didnt like this, and stopped him. The people didnt like that Greig failed and wanted to kill him, so he ran off, eventually being driven mad by Luclin. If it was to keep them from leaving because she wanted more company, I dont know. It seems to me she might have been more worried that he would return to Norrath and tell others about Luclin attracting more attention to it, which Luclin probably did not want. She didnt put up those veils for nothing. </DIV>

Gobbwin
12-23-2004, 05:14 PM
<DIV>/agrees with kamimura</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>She wasn't happy at all about her little realm being "invaded", but she was worried that the portals would be opened and that more would travel to luclin, which eventually did happen.  I don't think that luclin was intentionally destroyed, because luclin's history was a series of accidents...the Vah Shir's arrival, the Combine's arrival, the Sshar somehow making their way up there.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Side note, thats always intrigued me, how did those blasted snakes get up there?  They arrived long before the vail was lifted, though they were very advanced, they didn't create the spires, nor did they blow themselves up there like the Erudites did to the kerrans (who later became the Vah Shir).  I doubt the dragons were just going to let them waltze into the plane of sky to even see luclin, so how did they even know about it?  Anyone know?  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My point being it that IMO luclin was likely accidentally destroyed when someone tried to re-open the portals.  This makes sence (to me anyways) because the Nexus was in the center of luclin, its where the invading rallosians and fire dudes attacked and left that large gem, which shut down the portals.  Nothing is heard from them for nearly 500 years, then suddenly it explodes.  As someone quoted earlier, those who were running the spires, the combine empire, only had vague ideas of how this all worked and most of them were wiped out with the attack.  If you give a bunch of monkies a hammer and a bomb, just make sure you're no where close because sooner or later they'll accidentally detonate it....ok bad example but it sort of works. :manhappy:</DIV><p>Message Edited by Gobbwin on <span class=date_text>12-23-2004</span> <span class=time_text>04:15 AM</span>

Kondul
12-23-2004, 10:56 PM
"If you give a bunch of monkies a hammer and a bomb, just make sure you're no where close because sooner or later they'll accidentally detonate it....ok bad example but it sort of works"Actually, possibly a very good example, if the gem was what was keeping the spires shut down, thenthe logical thing to do would be to remove it. To an Ogre remove = bash. If the gem was made by Solusek Ro... well, they don't call him the Firey Prince for nothing.As to the Shissar, they fled to Luclin to escape Cazic Thule's green mist. That's why they created The Grey, no air, no mist. This was long, looong before the combine, and Luclin was visible during the days of the combine. That's why the combine loyalists fled there, from the SoL game manual:"Lcea brought the brightest minds of the Loyalists together to decide on their grim future. Their situation on Norrath was precarious and any hopes of rebuilding here were dashed while all the infighting was still occurringGathered in a room together, exhausted by debate, they glanced, as one, upwards through the darkness.There, high in the evening sky, was the familiar sight of Luclin But something was different about the moon this evening. It shone more brightly and with more detail than ever before."That's how the loyalists decided where to flee to, probably how the Sissar decided to go there as well.<p>Message Edited by Kondular on <span class=date_text>12-23-2004</span> <span class=time_text>09:58 AM</span>