PDA

View Full Version : SOE's take on EVIL


Qme
12-18-2004, 01:32 PM
<DIV>What excatly makes the city of Freeport so evil?</DIV> <DIV>Trolls? Rats? Lizards? Dose being what they are evil?</DIV> <DIV>Dose not both Qeynos and Freeport have the same goal to restore Norrath?</DIV> <DIV>Don't both inhabitant have to same enemy and kill the same thing?</DIV> <DIV>How can you tell one city is more corrupt then the other?</DIV> <DIV>Is watching out for number 1 (yourself) wrong?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>.......still bored from downtime, I'll have 100+ post in no time.</DIV>

troodon311
12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Qmega wrote:<BR> <DIV>What excatly makes the city of Freeport so evil? <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Do some of the quests there; the denizens are pure evil.  It is a militaristic dictatorship ruled by a lich Overlord who has plans for world domination.</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> <HR> Trolls? Rats? Lizards? Dose being what they are evil? <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Trolls indiscriminantly kill and eat anything they feel like.  They've fairly recently participated in a war of pure aggression (War of the Fay) and used to slaughter innocent Froglok tads for the sake of it.  "Lizards" (Iksar) are a race of merciless killers who built one of Norrath's greatest empires twice through unstoppable conquest, savage butchery, and slave labor.  Ratonga (from what I've seen in Freeport) are very self-centered, tricky, and two-faced rodents who are always looking out for #1, as you put it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It should be noted that I play a Troll and an Iksar as my mains and I am quite offended that you think we could possibly not deserve our status as an "evil" race :smileywink:</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> <HR> Dose not both Qeynos and Freeport have the same goal to restore Norrath? <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Qeynos wants Norrath and its inhabitants to rebuild and prosper.  Freeport wants to expand its kingdom, earn wealth, and become more powerful.</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> <HR> Don't both inhabitant have to same enemy and kill the same thing? <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>One kills Gnolls, the other Orcs.</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> <HR> How can you tell one city is more corrupt then the other? <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>I've never been in Qeynos so I can't comment on them but Freeport is ripe with corruption.</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> <HR> Is watching out for number 1 (yourself) wrong? <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>When it means you attack the person who just did you a favor and "returned" to you a trinket you lied and said got stolen from you then, yes, "watching out for number 1" is wrong (that's what a Ratonga in the sewers of Freeport did to me).</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <HR> .......still bored from downtime, I'll have 100+ post in no time.</DIV> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Downtime?  You call this downtime?  Ha! Someone isn't and EQlive vet :smileyhappy:

Furball_Miller
12-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Qeynos is a racist city. Ratonga, Trolls, Ogres, Ikasr and Dark Elves are banned from starting there. The Overlord welcomes all races, and he just wants to rule the world incase a major threat returns, so everyone will be ready.

Fibb
12-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Freeport is racist too, they dont permit dwarves, halfling, high elves, & frogloks from starting there yo.

Kryussius
12-21-2004, 02:15 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Fibbis wrote:<BR>Freeport is racist too, they dont permit dwarves, halfling, high elves, & frogloks from starting there yo.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Just because we keep lesser creatures out doesn't make Freeport racist, unlike Qeynos.

wayfaerer
12-22-2004, 07:14 AM
We don't let maggots roam the city streets either, what's your point?We permit dwarves and high elves and other weaklings into the city. There are some around, not many. They just don't seem to like the chains and menial tasks they are given. They should consider themselves lucky that we have granted them sanctuary after they were liberated from the laughable "nation" of Qeynos.

glimmerspri
12-26-2004, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><hr>Kryussius wrote:<BR><BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Fibbis wrote:<BR>Freeport is racist too, they dont permit dwarves, halfling, high elves, & frogloks from starting there yo.<BR><HR></blockquote><BR><DIV></div>Just because we keep lesser creatures out doesn't make Freeport racist, unlike Qeynos.<hr></blockquote>lol <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Kaitar
12-27-2004, 09:47 AM
<DIV>Qeynos treats my Iksar like *insertbadwordhere* and yet they go on preaching about love and peace. Then they tell poor Izzy to go see if they cut off the tails of Freeport Iksar traitors if they try to return. Yeah...that's nice. Qeynos is a thousand times crueler than Freeport, in my honest opinion. They single you out if you're not "one of them".... in Freeport, everyone's pretty much treated the same. Like crap. But at least you aren't any different than the next Iksar down the alley, so you're not really alone.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Iksar are very savage, and very cruel. BUT if you ever read their history... I don't think they started out that way. They were slaves themselves for a long time...and were appalled by the fact a race very much like their own would enslave them. Then the dragons attacked them.  They've never been treated especially "kind"... no one would come to aide them during the Shattering at all. It's a reason, not an excuse. They have the "kill or be killed" mentality... darwinists to the extreme. Evil? ... a more "natural" evil than the dark elves or the "bad" humans, but still...as a whole, they are "evil". </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ratonga I don't see as being particularly "evil" so much as just very greedy, and willing to do almost anything to get what they want. However, they can also be very cheerful and even nice little guys....if it suits them.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Trolls? ............. Evil? ......... eh, they eat a lot. They can get violent when they get confused, which is often... but really I've never met one that was truly black hearted evil. Usually they were just talking about bashing something and eating it. Nasty? Yes. Evil.... not really, but they seem to fall down the path of being used for evil quite readily.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ogres are evil. I don't like them one bit.... not only do they want to smash my Iksaran head in, they'd have fun doing it. A lot of fun. And unlike a Troll I doubt it would be because they were hungry.... even though I'd probably get eaten after they'd finished with beating my lifeless body into a bloody mess.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Dark Elves crack me up with their attempts to be evil. "That Maliz is ruining EVERYthing!!" they just whine too much to be evil, but they give it a good shot. :smileywink:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Soull3la
12-28-2004, 02:41 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kaitar wrote:<BR> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Dark Elves crack me up with their attempts to be evil. "That Maliz is ruining EVERYthing!!" they just whine too much to be evil, but they give it a good shot. :smileywink:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P><FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#ffccff>:stomps her foot and pouts: Faeyth dosen't whine! She .. She .. gets pouty! There is a huge difference! :huffs: >_> Evil? who said thier were Evil? I liked to say thier are <SPAN class=618563721-27122004>ambitious... <SPAN class=618563721-27122004>opportunist to the extreme </SPAN></SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></P> <P><SPAN class=618563721-27122004><FONT face=Verdana color=#ffccff size=2><SPAN class=618563721-27122004></SPAN></FONT></SPAN> </P> <P><FONT face=Arial><SPAN class=618563721-27122004><FONT face=Verdana color=#ffccff size=2><SPAN class=618563721-27122004>Yeah.... okay soo maybe a hint of evilness.. </SPAN></FONT></P></SPAN></FONT> <P> </P> <P><BR> </P>

syous01
12-28-2004, 05:30 AM
<DIV>well, if people are biased against racists simply because a racist is a racist, that indeed makes said people racists, right?</DIV>

Mnemic
12-30-2004, 03:44 AM
<DIV>I took a 'little vacation' into Qeynos one day, and the people are fairly rude.  They kept telling me it was my fault that poeple don't live there, and the guards don't even say Hi!  They just throw you out of the city!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But overall, it's just too clean there.  I was getting 'homesick' for my no-windowed apartment  :smileyhappy:</DIV>

Asr
12-30-2004, 07:12 PM
<DIV>my take on this is that qeynos represents the west and the USA in particular during the cold war, while freeport represents the USSR, but by that i mean the USSR during the time of Stalin and the great purges in particular</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><IMG src="http://onlinewelten.com/[Removed for Content]/index.php?pic=EQ2-Human1&g=KDS&n=Dostum&d=LVL 17 CRUSADER ON RUNNYEYE SERVER&col=200&col2=200&col1=200"></DIV>

Trepan
12-30-2004, 10:52 PM
All the Qeynosian quest NPCs espouse service to others, protecting others, helping others.Freeport quest NPCs threaten you with violence if you don't do what they want, or suggest they will frame you for crimes against the overlord, or will split the profits of some exchange with you if you do something that is unlawful.I think this represents the differences between the two cities and the split between the "good/evil" model that SoE has set up.

Tanyla
01-01-2005, 11:46 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kaitar wrote:<BR> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Dark Elves crack me up with their attempts to be evil. "That Maliz is ruining EVERYthing!!" they just whine too much to be evil, but they give it a good shot. :smileywink:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Wouldn't you whine after having to live in a dark hole in the ground in a dark and depressing forest for centuries and  just when you get use to it  find yourself  stuck out in a dry and dirty  city such as Freeport?  Neriak may have been dark and dismal,  but it was clean and the only slum area was where the Trolls took up residence after being tossed out of their own home by ....  frogs.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kaitar wrote:<BR> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Trolls? ............. Evil? ......... eh, they eat a lot. They can get violent when they get confused, which is often... but really I've never met one that was truly black hearted evil. Usually they were just talking about bashing something and eating it. Nasty? Yes. Evil.... not really, but they seem to fall down the path of being used for evil quite readily.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV> <DIV>That fact alone SHOWS Trolls need guidence by another race ....  if only to keep them  from eating their own young.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kaitar wrote:<BR> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ogres are evil. I don't like them one bit.... not only do they want to smash my Iksaran head in, they'd have fun doing it. A lot of fun. And unlike a Troll I doubt it would be because they were hungry.... even though I'd probably get eaten after they'd finished with beating my lifeless body into a bloody mess.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE></DIV> <P>Now as for Ogres  ....  they were part of the tool that brought on the wars  ... when their intellegence was restored (chapter IV : The awakening  <A href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/lore.vm?section=chapter_04" target=_blank>http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/lore.vm?section=chapter_04</A>&nbsp<img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> They are just plain bad news.  Liked them when they were Strong and Stupid, easy to fool into thinking they had it all when they had nothing,  NOW  they WANT everything.</P> <P>Rats errr Ratonga ....  sneaky little buggers always lifting something they have little business with.</P> <P>Iksar, had a bad start that taught them to be as they are.  They were not shown kindness in their history and so have none to give. They are as they are from having to survive.</P> <P> </P> <P> </P>

Fiflif
01-02-2005, 04:40 PM
<DIV>despite the excuse, evil is evil.</DIV>

Monkeygr
01-03-2005, 02:11 AM
<DIV>Freeport is "evil" because it has been the magnet for people who seek power over others and selfish drives.  Lucan personifies this.  The "reason" (RP sense) for certain races having to start there is because taken <U>as a whole</U>, that race is considered to be primarily motivated along those lines...and are thus more compatible with Freeport.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Note that I said <U>as a whole</U> because obviously there are exceptions.  Characters whose race is considered stereotypically "cruel" or "ruthless" can still be the exception who goes against that grain...hence the Betrayal quest.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I myself, playing as the direct inheritor of the philosophy of the original Sauria Soulfarer 500 years ago, am playing as a peaceful Iksar seeking knowledge and balance, and walking again the path of the Monk.  For both of these reasons, it made sense for me to now be living and aligning myself with Qeynos.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So you see, one's race is not a final factor in one's behavior.  My race may be considered evil, but I am not.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It is understandable for citizens of Qeynos to view me with suspicion but frankly, they arrived in Qeynos by accident of racial profiling by and large, whereas I chose and worked hard to earn the privilege to live in Qeynos.  That effort on my behalf to risk it all and make a new home in Qeynos you would think would be proof of sincerity, but the other citizens are far from civil.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In truth, things are far from black and white when it comes to "good" and "evil" in Norrath.  Qeynos has been a little less than "good" to me since my arrival, and my memories of Freeport tell me that quite a number of those I met on the street were seemingly trapped by circumstances, too fearful to claw their way out as I did, and lived their lives they way they did merely to survive another day, not out of joy of said actions.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>There is only one constant in Norrath, and that is Hate....Freeport and Qeynos hate each other.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV>Oh and quote from Trepan:</DIV> <DIV>"All the Qeynosian quest NPCs espouse service to others, protecting others, helping others."</DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Yeah they say that, when they aren't making horrible comments to me in response to a simple "Hail" or drawing swords and charging up to me.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV><p>Message Edited by Monkeygrrl on <span class=date_text>01-02-2005</span> <span class=time_text>04:16 PM</span>

Kaitar
01-03-2005, 07:40 AM
<DIV>something weird with my connection don't hit me. triple post *new record for Izzy*</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kaitar on <span class=date_text>01-02-2005</span> <span class=time_text>06:45 PM</span>

Kaitar
01-03-2005, 07:40 AM
<DIV>messed up post sorry</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kaitar on <span class=date_text>01-02-2005</span> <span class=time_text>06:45 PM</span>

Kaitar
01-03-2005, 07:44 AM
<DIV>The above poster has it exactly right. As a whole, some races are seen as "evil" or "good"... but that's kind of like saying everyone from the Middle East is a terrorist. We know that's not true, and so the few of the "good" bad-guys are trying to teach the Qeynosians the same thing.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My Iksar Izavahss has hardly "come of age" and the most wicked thought in his mind is how he can sneak someone's cookies. He's a monk, not a "Friar" or a "Shaolin" type, but along those lines - he is someone that deeply respects nature and balance. He's something of a goof, however.... and his main goal seems to make people laugh and lighten up a little. He does get a bit irate when he hears others generalizing the Iksar and calling them lizards, or saying they should all have died in the Shattering - but there is really not an "evil" scale on him.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Of coruse, for RP purposes it's much more interesting to have this conflict between cities and races. If everyone loved everyone it'd be a pretty boring game.... so it's actually GOOD that there are these 2 somewhat hypocritical leaders trying to get their citizens to hate the other faction. There is no story if there is no struggle, so to speak.</DIV>

Zagur
01-04-2005, 08:25 PM
<DIV>The whole good vs evil argument is completely irrelevant. Words like "good" and "evil" are the shackles of morality that stop people from being truely free. The only words that matter are the strong and the weak.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If the strong can help me I will ally with them.</DIV> <DIV>If the strong can hurt me I will eliminate them.</DIV> <DIV>If the weak can help me I will take what I want by force.</DIV> <DIV>If the weak can not help me they are not worth my time and beneath my contempt.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Words like good and evil mean nothing. Free yourself from the false black vs white world that has masked your perception of the real world awaiting behind the wall of misconception.</DIV>

Du
01-04-2005, 10:44 PM
<DIV>The division of former Antonica has absolutely nothing to do with good vs evil. That is stereotyping. Exactly where did you get that notion? I have never said the Qeynos people were evil myself. I would simply call them misguided and I honestly believe that to be a more fitting description.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Shattering made the assimilation of the Qeynosians into the Freeport domain difficult and I guess that is the reason why it hasn't happened yet. But these pressing times call for a strong leader to unite the people and through Sir Lucan we have been blessed with one and should be grateful and not strive against his plans. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Now look at Qeynos. It is run by a corporativist administration headed by what? A distant heir to Absenteeism Incarnate, the senile old man Antonius Bayle! If that isn't nepotism then I don't know what is. Exactly what are her merits, one might ask. And what was Antonius merits in the first place? He just disappeared and let the city into the hands of grey eminences and shady organizations such as The Circle of Unseen hands. Why anyone would let themselves be ruled by unseen hands rather than a strong and visible one is beyond me. Sir Lucan, as opposed to that harlot over in Qeynos, truly has the experience to administer a society in times of crisis. Why, he has been doing it for the past 500 years! No one is more qualified, you can't argue with that.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>How many times haven't I heard templars or what have you complain about the low availability of goods in Qeynos? So they go and do business with black market brokers to get their hands on Freeport restricted quality goods, the criminals. But they stay in Qeynos. It is completely irrational! The proper thing to do would be to abandon that sinking ship as soon as possible. The Overlord is not an unreasonable man, this I know for a fact. Not long ago I was drifting on a raft in open sea, and look at me now. He welcomes everyone with open arms. There is a place for YOU in Freeport! Redemption is only a journey and 500 orcs away.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

zyg
01-12-2005, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><hr>syous01 wrote:<DIV>well, if people are biased against racists simply because a racist is a racist, that indeed makes said people racists, right?</DIV><hr></blockquote>No.......if people were biased against a racist purely because of that racist race....then yes, THAT would make said people racist. Racist is hatred against a race. Hating a racist because they are racist doenst make someone a racist. If that person hates the racist (regardless of race).........then, LOL.....nevermind. But to answer your question: no

Sebastien
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
What I am hoping is that in coming expansions the conflict between Qeynos and Freeport is expanding upon. Right now it is virtually meaningless; guards outside in the Commonlands won't do anything more than shake a fist at an "enemy" soldier from Qeynos trouncing in his lands. It just cuts the immersion for me.I loosely tell myself that, currently, Qeynos and Freeport are too concerned with their own recoveries from the Shattering to expend effort on eachother. But with Lucan's expansionist dogma, how long could such peace last?

Kaitar
01-14-2005, 01:11 AM
<DIV>Antonia Bayle is just as fanatical in her own way as Lucan D'Lere.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I don't like either of them. They're both power hungry tyrants, just in different ways. One says "follow me to glory and power" and you pretty much know he's a war-lord. The other says "peace to earth but we must be sure to hate Freeportians" which is a very sly and crafty way to brain wash. I'm not sure who is worse.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Izavahss has renounced both of them, though he lives in Qeynos, and has decided until a REAL leader comes along he's going to ignore the propoganda on both sides.</DIV>

Aion
01-14-2005, 02:16 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kaitar wrote:<BR> <DIV>Antonia Bayle is just as fanatical in her own way as Lucan D'Lere.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I don't like either of them. They're both power hungry tyrants, just in different ways. One says "follow me to glory and power" and you pretty much know he's a war-lord. The other says "peace to earth but we must be sure to hate Freeportians" which is a very sly and crafty way to brain wash. I'm not sure who is worse.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Izavahss has renounced both of them, though he lives in Qeynos, and has decided until a REAL leader comes along he's going to ignore the propoganda on both sides.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>Antonia Bayle does not condon hate to the citizens of Freeport... she critisises and warns about the evil of Lucan and his motives.</P> <P>From her official BIO posted at the time of release:</P> <P> "When speaking of the rival city of Freeport, Antonia is careful to direct her animosity at its leader, not its people. She openly despises Lucan D'Lere, who has attempted to deceive and mislead her multiple times in the past".</P>

Renita_Serafim
01-14-2005, 02:28 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Aion wrote:<BR><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P>She openly despises Lucan D'Lere, </P> <P> <HR> </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>That's what she WANTS you to think.</DIV>

Kaitar
01-14-2005, 06:47 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Aion wrote:<BR><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kaitar wrote:<BR> <DIV>Antonia Bayle is just as fanatical in her own way as Lucan D'Lere.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I don't like either of them. They're both power hungry tyrants, just in different ways. One says "follow me to glory and power" and you pretty much know he's a war-lord. The other says "peace to earth but we must be sure to hate Freeportians" which is a very sly and crafty way to brain wash. I'm not sure who is worse.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Izavahss has renounced both of them, though he lives in Qeynos, and has decided until a REAL leader comes along he's going to ignore the propoganda on both sides.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>Antonia Bayle does not condon hate to the citizens of Freeport... she critisises and warns about the evil of Lucan and his motives.</P> <P>From her official BIO posted at the time of release:</P> <P> "When speaking of the rival city of Freeport, Antonia is careful to direct her animosity at its leader, not its people. She openly despises Lucan D'Lere, who has attempted to deceive and mislead her multiple times in the past".</P> <P><BR> <HR> </P> <P> </P> <P>She doesn't do a very good job. The city is full of bigotry and hate.</P></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

Renita_Serafim
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
<DIV>Barely a day has gone past in Qeynos without me seeing at least 3 or 4 NPC's harrasing a Dark Elf or an Iksar. You wouldn't think that Antonia had any respect at all for the ordinary citizens of Freeport, looking at the way people act inside the city.</DIV>

Kaitar
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Astralmage wrote:<BR> <DIV>Barely a day has gone past in Qeynos without me seeing at least 3 or 4 NPC's harrasing a Dark Elf or an Iksar. You wouldn't think that Antonia had any respect at all for the ordinary citizens of Freeport, looking at the way people act inside the city.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>That's really funny you should mention that. Today while strolling around in Qeynos a dark elf paladin girl started a little RP convo with Izzy and a few times an NPC would walk by and insult the two of them as they stood there talking. Hm... yes, Qeynos...city of purity...while they threaten to crush my Iksar with rocks just for being there. :smileyindifferent::smileysurprised:</DIV>

CherobylJ
01-14-2005, 08:52 PM
<DIV>I like Freeport, in Qeynos they may passive-aggresively harass an Iksar by callin him names and such, but in Freeport we find an intruding nosey Dwarf within the walls we bake him into a pie.  Yessir you always know where you stand in Freeport!</DIV>

MysticTrunks01
01-16-2005, 12:11 AM
<DIV>I like like that Qeynos is supposed to be viewed as this bastion of light when itself has been build on blood war after war.  Antonia is hot and that's why people follow her.  I've listened to her talking statues and can tell ya she doesn't have alot going on upstairs.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Freeport is Evil because it doesn't recycle and most everything is unionized.</DIV><p>Message Edited by MysticTrunks01 on <span class=date_text>01-15-2005</span> <span class=time_text>11:11 AM</span>

Sebastien
01-16-2005, 12:19 AM
She is a fanatic; whether you like her motives or not is a seperate question. Just listen to her speak, and you can see that she is as delusional as Lucan. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />/edit: By the way, I'm sure you guys noticed, but as of today's patch, guards from opposing cities are aggro. I'm very happy with that change, as I think it adds realism.<p>Message Edited by Sebastien on <span class=date_text>01-15-2005</span> <span class=time_text>11:20 AM</span>

Kaitar
01-16-2005, 01:18 AM
<DIV>The two above posters are completely on the mark, IMHO.</DIV>

Vesp
02-01-2005, 03:51 AM
<DIV>I don't see how people can regard Qeynos and Antonia Bayle as evil. I play a High Elf Wizard, and from my perspective, why should we roll out the red carpet for a Dark Elf or an Iksar? I don't know what your intentions. When you betrayed Freeport, and came to Qeynos, did you make it known to every single person in the city INDIVIDUALLY that you're Mr. or Mrs. Peace and Love now?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>There's just too much history to completely forget the crimes your respective races commited against ours. Also, it's in the NATURE of some races to be hateful and evil. Maybe you yourself or not anymore, but if you betrayed FP, how do we know you won't betray us too again? (Storyline wise, I don't mean in game demographics)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Antonia Bayle promotes freedom of speach in her kingdom, and if someone doesn't like someone else, they're allowed to say so.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Think about it like this; Osama Bin Laden has many relatives, some of which DESPISE HIM, one in particular comes to mind, Waffa Bin Laden. Waffa Bin Laden actually wanted to be a pop singer in the US, and while many people here don't share the seem feelings of hatred toward her that we do for her uncle, we still don't welcome her here with open arms.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you have a problem with the fact that your race isn't respected in Qeynos, blame your ancestors and not the people of the city. The fact that we don't roll out a red carpet for you doesn't make us evil.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Jacos
02-01-2005, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><hr>Vespaa wrote:<DIV>I don't see how people can regard Qeynos and Antonia Bayle as evil. I play a High Elf Wizard, and from my perspective, why should we roll out the red carpet for a Dark Elf or an Iksar? I don't know what your intentions. When you betrayed Freeport, and came to Qeynos, did you make it known to every single person in the city INDIVIDUALLY that you're Mr. or Mrs. Peace and Love now?</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>There's just too much history to completely forget the crimes your respective races commited against ours. Also, it's in the NATURE of some races to be hateful and evil. Maybe you yourself or not anymore, but if you betrayed FP, how do we know you won't betray us too again? (Storyline wise, I don't mean in game demographics)</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Antonia Bayle promotes freedom of speach in her kingdom, and if someone doesn't like someone else, they're allowed to say so.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Think about it like this; Osama Bin Laden has many relatives, some of which DESPISE HIM, one in particular comes to mind, Waffa Bin Laden. Waffa Bin Laden actually wanted to be a pop singer in the US, and while many people here don't share the seem feelings of hatred toward her that we do for her uncle, we still don't welcome her here with open arms.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>If you have a problem with the fact that your race isn't respected in Qeynos, blame your ancestors and not the people of the city. The fact that we don't roll out a red carpet for you doesn't make us evil.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><hr></blockquote>What is evil? What is good? Good and evil are morally relative concepts that define our view upon people and a culture based upon the actions done by said people and/or culture. Is Qeynos an evil city based upon this principle of what is good and what is evil? I would have to say yes because in our enlightened society racism and violence are evil. I can pull out one classic example of state sponsored racism right now and you will unequivically say that said government was evil. Is Qeynos exempt then from this standard of good and evil because they're supposedly the good guys? Doubtful, especially when the state sanctions genocide of a specific race and for employing violence, in the forms of physical and vocal violence, against people who are not like them. Sounds painfully familiar of Germany in the 1930's and 40's with all their state sponsored talk of the Ayrian race being supreme. Given the fact that several NPCs in Castleview espouse this same view towards anyone that is not a high elf.My dark elf performed the betrayal quest and the government official of Qeynos reprimanded me for attempting to kill Lucan then sends me out to slaughter 500 innocent gnolls in the name of good, duty, honor, and virture. In [Removed for Content] Germany, the people that were in the [Removed for Content] and the SS were told the same thing while they performed the same heinous crimes that ingame you are asked to complete. Yet, Qeynos isn't evil, but [Removed for Content] Germany is. Isn't that hypocracy on your part then? Slaughtering 500+ gnolls in the name of Qeynos falls under the realm of state sponsored genocide and it's no wonder the gnolls attack anyone on sight because for centuries they have been hunted down and killed. Is this evil? Is this good? What makes the gnolls 'evil'? What makes Qeynos 'good'? Given the fact that evil and good are defined by our own moral codes based upon the enlightened view centered around self-ownership with all rights being derived from said self-ownership then this undoubtedly is evil being done by Qeynos. It also makes Qeynos no better then Freeport because both of them are equally evil, but in a different way. Some food for thought. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Xalbus
02-02-2005, 02:31 AM
<DIV>Freeport is EQ's equivalent of a Lawful Evil city. We have rules like Qeynos we are just much harder on those who break em <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></DIV>

Drift3r
02-04-2005, 05:36 AM
<blockquote><hr>syous01 wrote:<DIV>well, if people are biased against racists simply because a racist is a racist, that indeed makes said people racists, right?</DIV><hr></blockquote>No that does not make them racists. You can hate a racist who is of the same race as you and you wouldn't be a racist. What they truly are is bigots.