PDA

View Full Version : Lore and Language of the Barbarians

GeorgeMadness
12-12-2004, 12:59 PM
<DIV>I have read the information on Barbarians in the Prima Guide for EQII and wanted to know if anyone had more detailed information about the race. Also wanted to find some information about the language of the race.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-12-2004, 01:05 PM
<DIV>Barbarians speak Halasian. Run around as a non-barbarian in a barbarian starting zone, you can hear some speaking Halasian and see the written language in the chat bubble.</DIV>

GeorgeMadness
12-12-2004, 01:39 PM
<DIV>Thank you... could someone tell me which font file the Halasian language is in. The information I am referring to is in <A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=lore&message.id=326" target=_blank>Sauria's Lore Corner 12-10-04</A> under the game language section. I am thinking it would be the NORTHMEN.TTF file but am not sure.</DIV>

troodon311
12-12-2004, 02:22 PM
<DIV>Prolly</DIV>

Niu
12-13-2004, 06:29 AM
<DIV>Mithmar and Erollisi Marr made the first barbarians. They were a wild bunch that fought with each other and killed often (like the trolls!). Eventually Mithmar and Erollisi Marr decided enough was enough and imbued some of the barbarians with a bit of good ole wisdom. These barbarians rose above the violence of their kin and created a true barbarian "nation," creating the city known as Halas in the icy cold of Everfrost. Stocky and hardy, they were fierce warriors who wore their emotions on their sleeves. They were content with their lot in life, just barely surviving in the cold against the goblins and orcs.</DIV> <DIV>Yet some of the younger barbarians decided to migrate and look for better areas to the south. Navigating Blackburrow, they found the Karanas. These were the first Humans of Norrath. They turned to violence against each other once more and soon an idealized tournament was created to celebrate the discovery of the Qeynos Claymore, an extraplanar relic. Vidius (spelling?) Bayle won the tournament and used the power of the sword to unite the human tribes in the city of Qeynos, a loose translation of the runes found on the sword. Shortly after this, Mithmar and Erollisi Marr went on a vacation of sorts until the time of Mithmar's imprisonment by the Thule folk.</DIV>

Simi
12-13-2004, 07:51 AM
<DIV>Go to Indis Suron in the Mage tower in South Qeynos.  Pick up the book "History of the Barbarians" then you can quest and learn about them as you go.</DIV>