PDA

View Full Version : Looking for detailed info about the Tribunal

Bulv
12-07-2004, 12:10 AM
<DIV>I've started a tribunal aligned guild and I"m looking for a great deal of knowledge about it. If anyone out there is an EQ loremaster and knows a great deal about it please help me out and reply or PM me. Thanks in advance.</DIV> <DIV>Wesite links would be great too.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kasalic
12-07-2004, 12:42 AM
<DIV>hmmm, is Pink Armor compulsory in your Guild?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Karalin/Kasalic</DIV>

Kamimura
12-07-2004, 01:08 AM
<DIV><SPAN class=libtitle>The Tribunal</SPAN>  ·  <SPAN class=libsubtitle>The Council of Justice</SPAN> <BR>The Plane of Justice is ruled by a council of six beings known as the Tribunal. The members of the Tribunal wear dark, hooded cloaks and masks and each carries a large warhammer. The plane itself is inhabited only by beings imprisoned here by the Tribunal for crimes against the universe and by the golems the Tribunal has constructed to serve as guards. They are allied with no one, enemies with no one. </DIV> <DIV>--------------------------</DIV> <DIV>Information on the Plane of Justice/Tribunal</DIV> <DIV>A council of six masked beings known as The Tribunal, or the Six Hammers for their massive golden gavels, rule over the bleak landscape of endless gray plains and massive prison structures that is the Plane of Justice. All manner of sentient creatures that have committed unspeakable crimes are condemned to serve sentences within the impenetrable walls of the planar prisons, watched over by hooded servants of the Six Hammers. <BR><BR>The mortals of Norrath who worship The Tribunal claim that the Six Hammers sit eternally in the Court of Justice, perpetually passing judgment on the creatures brought before them by a being known only as The Seventh Hammer. It is this Seventh Hammer that acts as the messenger and bailiff to The Tribunal, and it is said that he is the only sentient creature that can stand before the immortal judges and he himself not be judged.</DIV> <DIV>-----------------------------</DIV> <DIV>Barbarians were often followers of the Tribunal in EQL. They were careful not to judge others wrongly, because they believed that if they did the Tribunal would pass judgement on them. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>All sorts of races, from all times, can be found within the jails in Plane of Justice</DIV>

Bulv
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM
<DIV>Thank you for that info - can anyone elaborate further?</DIV>

troodon311
12-07-2004, 12:36 PM
<DIV>The Tribunal passes judgement on beings according to their own peoples' laws.  For example, if I remember this correctly, there is a human in the Plane of Justice who was sent there for murdering several knights of Freeport in order to defend her Dark Elf husband.  Her husband, who participated in the murders, tricked the woman into thinking he himself was a human, and fled after the knights came for him is not brought to justice by The Tribunal because Dark Elves do not find it unlawful to be a real jerk like that.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>There is also a Centaur there who has been sentenced because he crafted some arrows that a ranger used in a murder.  Even though humans or other races may consider him innocent of any crime, the Centaurs would disagree and so the Tribunal must disagree.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The golems and razorfiends down in the bottom are weird and seemingly out of place...</DIV>

Bulv
12-08-2004, 03:27 AM
<DIV>This is great stuff guys really appreciate your input I am still wondering about it more.  Is the 7th hand mortal? As in human?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

troodon311
12-08-2004, 06:28 AM
<DIV>He looks like all the others... dunno.  Here he is:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=10341" target=_blank>http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=10341</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Here's the beastiary for all of the Plane of Justice:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=162" target=_blank>http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=162</A></DIV>

Bulv
12-08-2004, 11:29 AM
<DIV>Very neat, thanks I'll put that pic on my guild site..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Bulv
12-13-2004, 08:59 AM
<DIV>bump still looking for more info anyone out there a lore king/queen?</DIV>

Kryussius
12-14-2004, 01:52 AM
<DIV>The Seventh Hammer is a god, and thus immortal, just like the Tribunal is.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>He was the one who moved the accused in and out of the Tribunal's presence and keeps order in the Justice chambers (much like a current day RL bailiff).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Sentinels act as the guards for the prison and plane as a whole, and wander around alot - oh, and they hit really hard too.  *grin*</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'd say that you have the lion's share of information regardin the Hammers here already.   They're very straight forward beings and were never involved in any types of grabs for power or waging wars for influence.  Pure justice was their only concern.</DIV>