PDA

View Full Version : EQ1 Heritage Title

CortoMuer
12-03-2004, 11:19 PM
<DIV>I used /claim last night and got my title, but I picked the wrong one.  I wasn't thinking about what a heritage title was for and I picked my God (Bertoxx) instead of the server I played on (Lanys T'Vyl).  Clearly this heritage title was meant to indicate what server you played on but I did it so fast I didn't think about it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So I petitioned that I would love to have it changed from Bertoxx to Lanys T'Vyl but they said NO.  Aww come on!  It's a simple thing, people used to change last names in EQ1 all the time for no reason at all.  At least I have a good reason and it's not like I've played for 2 years with this title, I had it for 3 minutes before petitioning.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>/SIGH</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It would have been nice for someone to recognize me as Corto from Lanys T'Vyl but I guess that's not possible now.  Thanks GMs for being so flexible...  not!</DIV>

Kryussius
12-03-2004, 11:53 PM
<DIV>*chuckle*</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Don't feel bad ... I didn't do the math that it was for the server you were on.  So I picked my character's god.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>*shrug*</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Wouldn't have looked right to have a dark elf running around with "of the Tribunal" anyway, IMO.</DIV>

DukeOccam
12-04-2004, 01:00 AM
<DIV>I figured it was for your EQ1 server, but I didn't want to be known as "of Zebuxoruk."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It made no sense to me that my character would be named after a sub-deity he really has no connection to. And since my character doesn't have the same name as my EQ1 character, it's not like people would recognize me.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So I chose Tunare, since my EQ1 character was a Paladin of Tunare, and I'm thinking my new character (also a High Elf, on his way to becoming a Paladin) will have some connection there.</DIV>

troodon311
12-04-2004, 02:21 AM
<DIV>It makes more sense to pick your character's god anyways... even though I won't be doing it when I finally get around to /claim mine :smileywink:</DIV>

GoddessNox
12-27-2006, 07:24 AM
<P>Did you have to play EQ1 before EQ2 launched to get an EQ1 Heritage Title?  Or is there a certain amount of time you have to have been playing EQ1 before you are eligible to receive said title? </P> <P>Just wondering, because I play EQ1 now... although I did not before, and it would be nice if the title were availble, although so far, it is not.</P> <P> </P>

Cusashorn
12-27-2006, 07:45 AM
<DIV>HOLY NECRO THREADING, BATMAN!</DIV>

GoddessNox
12-27-2006, 07:51 AM
lol... what?  I did a search for EQ1 titles, and this post seemed the most relevant to my question... I can't help it if it was posted over 2 years ago...  :smileytongue:

IrishWonder
12-27-2006, 12:33 PM
<DIV>Seems perfectly acceptable to me. No need in starting a new thread. Did a repost in this old thread bring back some memory that mentally scarred you in the past when it was a new thread? If it's a question relating to a post with the same topic as the question, it's fine. It's not like GoddessNox was trying to kick up a 2 year old discussion thread.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And to answer the question, Nox, I THINK you had to purchase the special edition of EQ2 when it first came out to get that title... but it has been so long, don't quote me on that.</DIV>

LordDarthKhan
12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
I think that title should go to the whole station rather then just one toon. After all it's my station to be 7 years old and not just one toon. <div></div>

Zagats
12-27-2006, 07:43 PM
<DIV>I have the title and I dont think I purchased any special edition anything.  I just bought the game.  I think it does have something to do with having played eq1.</DIV>

Lastdeadmouse
12-28-2006, 01:52 AM
If you registered for EQ2 using the same station name you used for EQ1 it gave you the option to take the EQ1 server as your title.  No extra purchase required.

GoddessNox
12-29-2006, 12:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV>Lastdeadmouse wrote:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you registered for EQ2 using the same station name you used for EQ1 it gave you the option to take the EQ1 server as your title.  No extra purchase required.</DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>But does it matter if you weren't playing EQ1 yet when you registered for EQ2?  My question is: <FONT color=#cc00ff> If I just recently started playing EQ1, am I now, or will I eventually be able to get the EQ1 Heritage title in EQ2, as long as they're on the same station account? </FONT> I'm not sure I worded that clearly before.</DIV>

RaphaNissi
12-29-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm pretty sure you had to be playing EQ when EQ2 came out in order to get one of those titles.  If it's not under your /claim, then you probably won't get it.<div></div>

cyclonus11
12-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Heh. When I first picked this title, I thought "Ooo! Is this where I get to choose my god?" So my server title has nothing to do with the server I played on...<div></div>

Kryussius
12-30-2006, 12:07 PM
<div><blockquote><hr>RaphaNissi wrote:I'm pretty sure you had to be playing EQ when EQ2 came out in order to get one of those titles.  If it's not under your /claim, then you probably won't get it.<div></div><hr></blockquote>Almost completely positive that this is true.  I put my EQ2 account on my station pass, so I logged in under the same account.  I had the option for my main when I first started the character, but haven't had it for any subsequent characters I've made.</div>