PDA

View Full Version : Nek forest

Alphab
11-30-2004, 08:34 AM
<DIV>I'm somewhat of a lore noob, but i am curious to know how the owlbears ended up in nek forest, i thought they were only on luclin.</DIV>

Kamimura
11-30-2004, 08:37 AM
<DIV>They were only on Luclin at the time of EQL. I thought it was strange the first time I saw them. But, who knows, maybe someone brought them down as pets or something before the spires got shut down, and they escaped? </DIV>

Alphab
11-30-2004, 08:53 AM
<DIV>Thanks for the reply... I do hope to see if this gets answered somwhere in game..I know have quest to kill them I think I'll log back in and see if theres any info i missed.</DIV>

Gobbwin
11-30-2004, 10:15 PM
<DIV>The Vah Shir got blown to luclin during the Erudite war correct?  So..... why can't the inverse be true for the bears?  Luclin explodes and some of then survive the burning decent to Norrath...</DIV>

Montyc
12-02-2004, 01:06 AM
<DIV>If thats true, then the Vah Shir must still be alive</DIV>

Kryussius
12-03-2004, 01:29 AM
<DIV>Vah Shir and Kerrens are the same species.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-03-2004, 01:38 AM
<DIV>Yes, but Vah Shir were the ones who were living on the moon. Vah Shir as we knew them in EQL (and they did look quite different from their Kerra and Kejek (sp?) cousions) are gone. I dont think they survived the explosion of Luclin. They were sent there because of a giant magical force, which seems to have been different from the explosion that shattered Luclin. Of course, not really knowing what happened on Luclin, it is possable the Vah Shir and others living on Luclin were sent somewhere, but  doubt it.</DIV>

Kryussius
12-03-2004, 01:46 AM
<DIV>Yeah, but the main reason that they looked so different from the kerrens in Stonebrunt, for example, is that the Stonebrunt kerrens used old models.  You could use those models for the Vah Shir if your system couldn't handle the updated engine at the time of Luclin's release.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Vah Shir were a tribe of kerren who ended up on Luclin after the near-obliteration of the Heretics on Odus due to the explosion that sank Old Paineel into the ground and created the ginormous hole there now.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-03-2004, 03:00 AM
<DIV>The excuse they used was that the Vah Shir were a stronger and more noble tribe. :smileytongue: Personally I always wanted to play one of the smaller more tribal Kerra, and was kinda sad when I saw the Vah Shir. The Kerra we see now look like a blending of the different tribes into one look, imo. </DIV><p>Message Edited by Kamimura on <span class=date_text>12-02-2004</span> <span class=time_text>05:01 PM</span>

troodon311
12-03-2004, 11:12 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kryussius wrote:<BR> <DIV>You could use those models for the Vah Shir if your system couldn't handle the updated engine at the time of Luclin's release. <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>No.  My computer couldn't handle the new models so I used the "old" Vah Shir models.  They were just really blurry, really skinny versions of the "new" ones.  They still looked nothing like the Odus Kerra.</P> <P>That's not to say that your idea couldn't be true (that Odus Kerra are supposed to look like the Vah Shir but they are just stuck with the old models).  Like how the old Iksar, the new Iksar, and the EQ2 Iksar are all the same species and look the exact same even though they all look completely different from each other.... if that makes any sense to anyone but me :smileyhappy:</P>

Gobbwin
12-07-2004, 06:18 PM
<DIV>If I remember corectly from the old boards (pre-wipe after beta), Moorguard posted 2 things on this subject.  One was that over time, while the portals to luclin were open, some of the Vah Shir went back down to their initial homelands and resettled with the Kerran, their combined offspring are the current EQ2 Kerran.  Secondly he said "Don't worry, the Vah Shir put up one hell of a fight right before the end." to someone else's comments about what happened to luclin.  From what I gather from the official lore, the forces of Fennin and Rallos didn't just stop at taking over the nexus, they started conquering everything, so they were likely wiped out.  Now I don't think that the battle lasted 500 years, but I'm certain that we'll find out how that gem that they carried through (and more details yet to be revealed) come into play later on.  We're just scratching the surface of what is known in norrath, there yet remains much to be discovered...</DIV>