PDA

View Full Version : Any infos on the dragons in EQ2?

Ixalmaris
11-26-2004, 04:22 PM
<DIV>I'm not sure where I heard it seems that the sleeper, when he escaped, killed most dragons at the skyshrine, so I wonder what the status of the dragons in EQ2 is?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Has anyone any infos on how many dragons (especially the firstborns) are still alive and what is currently going on in the dragon society?</DIV> <DIV>The tutorial says that the Drakotas are used as mercenaries by the dragons, and the drakota mastery book (beta) talks about that those drakotas are not very intelligent, but very strong and that they are a concern to the other dragons.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And on IGN there is a page talking about some dragons of EQ2, it looks like that Vox was killed by Drakotas. So, are the Drakotas uprising against their weakened draconic masters? Or did the surviving dragons send the Drakotas after Vox for some reason? (Wasn't she the one with the scond prismatic egg?)</DIV><p>Message Edited by Ixalmaris on <span class=date_text>11-26-2004</span> <span class=time_text>03:23 AM</span>

Ga
11-26-2004, 05:46 PM
<DIV>There are currently (according to Gamespy) four dragons in EQ2. In Lavastorm you will find the venerable Lord Nagafen. In Permafrost you will find Lady Vox, though she isnt as well as she used to be.</DIV> <DIV>The Temple of Cazic Thule has been taken over by the brash young dragon Venekor. And the fourth dragon is called Dargothar or something. He rules the Drakota. I have no idea where he dwells.</DIV>

Ixalmaris
11-26-2004, 06:08 PM
<DIV>Well, that are the prominent dragons we know of.</DIV> <DIV>That are certainly</DIV> <DIV>1. Not all dragons existing on Norrath (Drakotas are also dragons)</DIV> <DIV>2. Not all prominent dragons as a don't think Sony would give away all surprises.</DIV>

Pukeys
11-26-2004, 09:47 PM
<DIV>very exciting news... anyone been to any of the other continents where these dragons dominate?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>expected level before even thinking of venturing that way?</DIV>

Kamimura
11-27-2004, 12:05 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Ixalmaris wrote:<BR> <DIV>I'm not sure where I heard it seems that the sleeper, when he escaped, killed most dragons at the skyshrine, so I wonder what the status of the dragons in EQ2 is?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And on IGN there is a page talking about some dragons of EQ2, it looks like that Vox was killed by Drakotas. So, are the Drakotas uprising against their weakened draconic masters? Or did the surviving dragons send the Drakotas after Vox for some reason? (Wasn't she the one with the scond prismatic egg?)<BR></DIV> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Well, he left the Kunark dragons (Ring of Scale) alone, so that's quite a few that could be left. Of course, we might have to wait for a Kunark expansion to see them. :p</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I also saw something where Vox was actually undead now? Vox was the one who wanted to create another prismatic dragon like the sleeper (but she did <STRONG>not </STRONG>create the sleeper), and Naggy was to be her mate. The dragons didnt want this, so that's why they lokced them away. It is possable that after the rending and shattering their old prisons couldnt hold them anymore, and they saw Vox as enough of a threat to do away with her. I dont know for sure though, just thinking. </DIV>

Ixalmaris
11-27-2004, 01:49 AM
<DIV>That could be the case.</DIV> <DIV>And I think I even heard that a second prismatic egg already exists.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And yes, Vox is undead now. But the IGN website hints that powerfull magic can restore her.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Ixalmaris on <span class=date_text>11-26-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:50 PM</span>

Simi
11-27-2004, 05:19 AM
<DIV>I heard Ring of Scale assasinated Vox, then the Giants within Permafrost tried to resurrect her, but the Effed it up and now she's undead.  That's just rumor though.</DIV>

Silverfeath
11-30-2004, 07:59 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Simion wrote:<BR> <DIV>I heard Ring of Scale assasinated Vox, then the Giants within Permafrost tried to resurrect her, but the Effed it up and now she's undead.  That's just rumor though.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>The mortal form of Lady Vox is no more.  There is still a 'Vision of Vox' that resides in Permafrost.  The Vision looks just like the artist renderings you see from time to time during zoning.  The Vision of Vox is a ghostly form.<BR>

Kindler
11-30-2004, 08:29 PM
<DIV>Dozekar was Kerafyrm's father according to the EQrpg monster manual, if I'm remembering correctly. He was sent to the Temple of Veeshan as punishment for siring the prismatic dragon, being forced to fight adventurers again and again because he was very naughty. I'm pretty sure that's what I read, but I'm at work and don't have the monster manual with me. Heh!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Arana, Wood Elven Druid</DIV> <DIV>Fawn, Dark Elven Sorceror</DIV>

Ixalmaris
11-30-2004, 08:53 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Silverfeather wrote:<BR><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Simion wrote:<BR> <DIV>I heard Ring of Scale assasinated Vox, then the Giants within Permafrost tried to resurrect her, but the Effed it up and now she's undead.  That's just rumor though.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>The mortal form of Lady Vox is no more.  There is still a 'Vision of Vox' that resides in Permafrost.  The Vision looks just like the artist renderings you see from time to time during zoning.  The Vision of Vox is a ghostly form.<BR> <BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>If you can trust the IGN dragon page, there might be a way to restore her.....</P> <P> </P> <P>But wht interests me more is how she died and why she was killed.</P>

Ham
12-04-2004, 12:21 AM
<DIV>Not sure how she died, but she was most likely killed one of two ways:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>1) Permafrost did alot of collapsing during the shattering and she couldn't escape (simple)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>2) Someone found out she had another prismatic egg and tried to kill her before she could ship it off to Naggy.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>  The lore behind this is that after Naggy and Vox did mate before they were banished and it was only long after did Vox actually lay the prismatic egg. Now since Permafrost is REALLY cold, the egg would not hatch. Now I remember reading somewhere in lore that around the time of the shattering, goblins were sending messages back and forth between Vox and Naggy and that they were planning to transport the egg to Lavastorm, which would provide the proper warmth for the egg to hatch. Not sure what happened after that tho.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kinel
12-04-2004, 12:43 AM
<DIV>If yer interested in what Mr. Grumpy of Lavastorm looks like....<spoiler ahoy></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=56633" target=_blank><FONT color=#fec968>http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=56633</FONT></A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This ss was followed by much fleeing and screaming like little girls.</DIV>

KAM
12-04-2004, 03:31 PM
<DIV>Nice pic :smileysurprised:</DIV>

Drasi
12-04-2004, 04:26 PM
<DIV>that pic is scary</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>How does one even get to lavafrost?</DIV>

ganjookie
12-07-2004, 03:06 AM
Lavafrost!!?!?!?!?!?! Where is that? :p

Nytewind
12-07-2004, 08:39 PM
<DIV>Trak has to be alive as well somewhere.  Hell, he was an undead dragon. </DIV>

Zeltaria
12-10-2004, 11:58 PM
<DIV>:smileysurprised:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nice screenshot!</DIV>

Naelora
01-19-2006, 07:58 AM
<font size="2" face="Verdana">Anyone know anything about the skeletal dragon in a Lavastorm lava pool?  Been searching for information and haven't seen anything...</font><div></div>

Cusashorn
01-19-2006, 09:38 AM
<div><blockquote><hr>Naelora wrote:<font size="2" face="Verdana">Anyone know anything about the skeletal dragon in a Lavastorm lava pool?  Been searching for information and haven't seen anything...</font><div></div><hr></blockquote>Those Lady Vox's bones. She was killed on her way to see Lord Nagafen, but her spirit is bound to Permafrost.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Anyway. Kerafyrm didn't kill most of the dragons in Temple of Veeshan when he woke up, just one of them if I remember right.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Anyway. Now we've got our fair share of dragons in EQ2 now.</div><div> </div><div>Nagafen</div><div>Vox</div><div>Venekor</div><div>Darathar (I think that's his name, right?)</div><div>Siyamak</div><div>Barakah</div><div>Harla'Dar</div><div>Lord Vyemm</div><div>Gorenaire</div><div>Talendor.</div>

Alucradd
01-20-2006, 10:56 PM
<div></div>Naggy and Vox did indeed breed. Lord Naggy himself admitted to the fact at the end of the prismatic quest saying that he had more prismatic eggs hidden. I do have one question concerning Lord Naggy.  Is Lord Naggy apart of the first brood? Some say that he is apart of the second. If that is indeed true then how come he is lvl 100 while Venakor is lvl 55? As for my second question wasn't the sleeper the child of Naggy and Vox? Isn't that the reason that they we're inprisoned in the first place.

Mary the Prophetess
01-20-2006, 11:42 PM
<div></div><p>No Vox ans Nagafen were NOT the parents of Kerafyrm.  They were banished and imprisoned because they wanted to mate and produce an (even more powerful) Prismatic Dragon.</p><p>I believe that EQLive named the sleeper's parents, the father I think was given the title 'The Cursed",  or 'The Damned' or something to that effect, but I have to look it up again.</p>

i3ry
01-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Dozekar the Cursed<div></div>

Jaranna
01-21-2006, 01:36 AM
The parents of Kerafyrm were never confirmed. It is widely believed that Dozekar was the father, but it could just be that he commited a crime so vile that his punishment was to be killed and resurrected repeatedly for the rest of time.<p>Message Edited by Jaranna on <span class="date_text">01-20-2006</span><span class="time_text">12:36 PM</span></p>

i3ry
01-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Right, Dozekar actually robbed a 7-11 to become Cursed, despite what all lore in Velious points to.<div></div>

Cusashorn
01-21-2006, 02:22 AM
<div></div><blockquote><hr>i3ry2k wrote:Right, Dozekar actually robbed a 7-11 to become Cursed, despite what all lore in Velious points to.<div></div><hr></blockquote><p>LOL.</p><p> </p><p>No seriously though. He's Kerafyrm's father. Mating with a dragon of a different color is just about the highest crime a dragon could ever commit among it's own kind.</p>

Defender of Antonia
01-21-2006, 02:30 AM
<div>At the time of the Rendering (perhaps before) Naggy and Vox were freed from thier imprissionment. It was soon discoverd that they were up to thier old habits of trying to create another prismatic drasgon. The Ring of Scales dispatched Darathar and his Drakota to eliminate the threat.</div><div> </div><div><strong><u>Vox</u></strong>- Resides in Permafrost Was attacked by the Drokatos of Darathar and killed</div><div><strong><u>Naggy</u></strong>- Resides in Sol Eye Was attacked shortly after but borrowed powers that were not his in order to fight back the drakota (hence the lvl 100 thing)</div><div><strong><u>Darathar- </u></strong>Resides on the Isle of Refugee Was sent by the Ring of Scales to eliminate vox and naggy. Commands atleast 7 drakotas. after failiong to kill naggy he stuck around in order to complete his mission. He is responible for rescuing you wayyy back when you were on the ship in the tutorial. (Captain Varalous is belived to be Darathar in descuise)</div><div><strong><u>Venekor-</u></strong> Resides in Temple of Cazic Thule Played a Large part in the imprisionment of the Froglocks</div><div> </div><div>There are two Dragons in DoF but they might not be Dragons at all and I'm not possitive on all the lore behind them still have to complete Pedestal of Sky</div>

Jaranna
01-21-2006, 03:35 AM
<blockquote><hr>Cusashorn wrote:<p>No seriously though. He's Kerafyrm's father. Mating with a dragon of a different color is just about the highest crime a dragon could ever commit among it's own kind.</p><hr></blockquote>Again, it's never been said that it's the case, and, while there is some evidence that points in that direction, Sony has never come out and said that Dozekar sired Kerafyrm. There are two laws handed down by Veeshan. The first is that dragons from different broods must never mate. The second is that a dragon must never kill another dragon.The reason the Sleeper was put to sleep instead of outright killed is because of the second law, not because he was inordinately more powerful than the rest of the dragons on Velious. It's also the reason Nagafen and Vox were imprisoned apart from each other instead of killed for breaking the first law.

MoD1133
01-22-2006, 01:05 AM
<div></div><blockquote><hr>Jaranna wrote:<blockquote><hr>Cusashorn wrote:<p>No seriously though. He's Kerafyrm's father. Mating with a dragon of a different color is just about the highest crime a dragon could ever commit among it's own kind.</p><hr></blockquote>Again, it's never been said that it's the case, and, while there is some evidence that points in that direction, Sony has never come out and said that Dozekar sired Kerafyrm. There are two laws handed down by Veeshan. The first is that dragons from different broods must never mate. The second is that a dragon must never kill another dragon.The reason the Sleeper was put to sleep instead of outright killed is because of the second law, not because he was inordinately more powerful than the rest of the dragons on Velious. It's also the reason Nagafen and Vox were imprisoned apart from each other instead of killed for breaking the first law.<hr></blockquote><p>You're right SOE has never officially said anything about the dozekar and kerafyrm relation,  however i partly belive he is the father. Veeshan did not hand down any laws, the laws were made by Kildrukauns assumptions. it doesnt say dragons of different broods will never mate, it says dragons of opposing elements will never mate. Jaled Dar of the first brood had mated with Harla Dar who was supposedly born much later on. And yes a dragon can not kill another dragon.</p><p>No the reason the sleeper was put to sleep and not just killed was because both dragons and the second generation could not kill him for unknown reasons. The reason why Vox and Nagafen were just imprisoned was because of the law that a dragon can not harm another dragon.</p><p>They would have killed kerafyrm if not for the unknown reason why he couldnt be killed at all by the second generation or any dragon, he started a civil war between his army and the claws of Veeshan, so there were obviously many deaths since it was a war between dragons, so then why not just kill Kerafyrm? Its because of the above reason.</p>