PDA

View Full Version : The Sleeper (Kerafym I think it was?)

SumptuousMus
11-26-2004, 09:12 AM
<DIV>So.... whatever happened to the immortal Sleeper?</DIV>

Kamimura
11-26-2004, 09:30 AM
<DIV>He flew off to plot revenge against the ones who locked him away under the sleep spell he has been in (claws of veeshan, I believe). At least, I think that's how it goes.. That's the last I heard of him, anyway.</DIV>

Ixalmaris
11-26-2004, 04:11 PM
<DIV>I think I read somewhere that he didn't plot much but just flew to the skyshrine and slaughtered nearly all dragons there and then flew off to an unkown place.</DIV>

Kamimura
11-26-2004, 11:58 PM
<DIV>Yeah think thats it, all I know is he woke up and killed me then flew off. :smileyvery-happy:</DIV>

Happyfunba
12-01-2004, 04:03 AM
<DIV>I believe he's on his way to Earth now to kill every person who's asked this question repeatedly for the last 4 years. As a bonus, he's reserving a special death for those who quote any portion of the Prophecy of Trakanon for the answer.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>True story.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>No, but seriously, he flew off to say hello to Veeshan after killing a good portion of the dragons who helped to emprison him. Of course, if your server killed him...</DIV>

Ixalmaris
12-01-2004, 11:20 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Happyfunball wrote: <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>No, but seriously, he flew off to say hello to Veeshan after killing a good portion of the dragons who helped to emprison him. Of course, if your server killed him...</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>It has no impact because this event wasn't canon and only happened because SOE listened to some whiney bug user and let them kill him.<BR>

fed
12-01-2004, 04:30 PM
I think it's not unrealistic to think that kyrafyrm has something to do with luclin blowing up. If you read the tome of destiny there is a girl that was blinded by the blast. The last thing she says she saw was luclin apearing in the sky, and cracking open like a giant egg. And something flew out... Maybe kyrafyrm used luclin as a hatchery for his kiddo's, or himself or something.

Ixalmaris
12-01-2004, 04:40 PM
<DIV>Yes, but who would be the mother?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Veeshan herself?</DIV>

Rounl
12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
<DIV>I think Kerafrym had something to do with the Mata Marum, either he is Mata or worked for him.  I dont think the end of OoW has come to a close yet, so it is possible and rumors spread that MAta is a dragon.</DIV>

Ixalmaris
12-05-2004, 06:28 PM
<DIV>Please enlight a Non EQ1 player, who ist Mata?</DIV>

troodon311
12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Ixalmaris wrote:<BR> <DIV>Please enlight a Non EQ1 player, who ist Mata?</DIV> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Leader of the Marumites, the forces of Discord who are invading Norrath via the continent of Taelosia... I don't know much more about him; I didn't bother with GoD and OoW.<BR> <p>Message Edited by troodon311 on <span class=date_text>12-06-2004</span> <span class=time_text>01:05 AM</span>

Gaff
12-08-2004, 01:41 AM
<DIV>WAS one of the servers actually SUCCESSFUL in killing the Sleeper?? I thought he was unkilled on ALL servers that made the mistake of waking him the ONE time he was allowed to be woken????</DIV>

Ixalmaris
12-08-2004, 03:18 AM
<DIV>The Sleeper was woken on all servers. One server made a huge raid to kill the sleeper and were winning beacause SoE didn't made the sleeper invulnerable properly. Not knowing what to do a Gm despawned the sleeper (Instead of constantly healing him) and the whole server whined and whined and whined untill SoE agreed to let them kill the sleeper in an ooc event, so it doesn't count for the story.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>At least that is the story I have heard.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-08-2004, 03:57 AM
<DIV>Only one server was actually able to kill him. They basically just got tons and tons of people together and kept going at him, clerics would rez the second someone died, they would head back in to fight. I believe it took them quite a while to actually kill him though. But yea, as the person above me said it didnt count as part of the story.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If I remember right, I do think a few other servers killed him using some exploits? Going to a place he couldnt get to or something? </DIV>

Sasth
12-11-2004, 03:12 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kamimura wrote:<BR> <DIV>If I remember right, I do think a few other servers killed him using some exploits? Going to a place he couldnt get to or something? </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Not exactly. The <STRONG><U>only</U></STRONG> time the sleeper has been killed was on the Rallos Zek server, by the guilds </FONT>Ascending Dawn, Wudan, and Magus Imperialis Magicus.</P> <P>What you're referring to is when the guild Conquest was fighting the warders (which, when killed, wake the sleeper), and were accused of using an exploit during the fight. Although they lost the fight anyway; it wasn't stopped. Afterwards, GMs disbanded the guild and suspended most of it's members. Conquest did <STRONG><U>not</U></STRONG> kill the Sleeper, legit or otherwise.</P> <P><A href="http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/sleeper.asp" target=_blank>http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/sleeper.asp</A> has a pretty good writeup on it. I remember these events pretty clearly (I played eq1 from the start), and the webpage is, as far as I can tell, accurate.</P>

Ixalmaris
12-11-2004, 03:31 PM
<DIV>YOu could argue that Rallos Zerk also used exploits because the Sleeper was invulnerable.</DIV>

Gobbwin
12-11-2004, 09:04 PM
<DIV>Something just dawned on me while reading this.  According to official lore, though for the life of me I can not remember where i saw this, but it wasn't long ago... Anyways, Vox and Naggy had a second offspring right before the cataclysm.  Who's to say that it wasn't somehow smuggled up to luclin and left there to hatch.  It would sorta make sence, dragons are suppose to have an extremly long lifespan, who's to say that they don't take a long time to hatch as well, especially considering this would be another special (insane) one as well as the fact that its not in the ideal conditions to hatch.  OR It could have hatched years ago, but was happy living inside of luclin until it just got tired of it one day and decided to leave (could have taken a while to gather sufficient energy as well).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>just my 2 cp, makes sence to me anyways =p</DIV>

Kamimura
12-12-2004, 04:17 AM
<DIV>Ahh, thanks Sasthil. Thats what I was thinking of. I played EQL from day 1 too, but a lot of events get mixed up in my brain. :smileytongue:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Gobbwin, I dont remember ever seeing that lore.. could you find a link or something? </DIV> <DIV>Im not sure how that would happen anyway, unless the egg was put there before the spires shut down. Which, Naggy and Vox were still traped in their prisons before then, so I dont know how they could have made an egg.. Unless of course, dragons know how to travel through space or something. Or could teleport without the spires and such. Which, could very well be possable..<BR></DIV>

Buadyen
12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
<blockquote><hr>Gobbwin wrote:<DIV>Something just dawned on me while reading this. According to official lore, though for the life of me I can not remember where i saw this, but it wasn't long ago... Anyways, Vox and Naggy had a second offspring right before the cataclysm. Who's to say that it wasn't somehow smuggled up to luclin and left there to hatch. It would sorta make sence, dragons are suppose to have an extremly long lifespan, who's to say that they don't take a long time to hatch as well, especially considering this would be another special (insane) one as well as the fact that its not in the ideal conditions to hatch. OR It could have hatched years ago, but was happy living inside of luclin until it just got tired of it one day and decided to leave (could have taken a while to gather sufficient energy as well).</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>just my 2 cp, makes sence to me anyways =p</DIV><hr></blockquote>Second offspring? If I remember correctly, they never even had a first offspring. The Sleeper that was imprisoned in Sleeper's Tomb was not the offspring of Vox and Nagafen, it was the offspring of another set of dragons. Vox and Nagafen were banished and imprisoned because they wanted to have offspring. The other dragons were afraid that they would have another Kerafyrm on their hands, so Vox and Nagafen were imprisoned to prevent it from happening. The explosion of Luclin was likely caused by the detonation of the Dresolik, a large gem that Solusek Ro was siphoning power into from the Plane of Fire. If you read the Tome of Destiny, you'll see that when the Nexus is invaded, one of the last things mentioned in the story is that a large gem was being carried into the Nexus.

Ixalmaris
12-13-2004, 10:29 PM
<DIV>I have heard from multiple sources that Vox and Naggy actually had a prismatic egg, but it never hatched because it required the breath of its father to fully hatch or something like that.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So it seems possible that there is a second prismatic dragon out there in EQ2.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-14-2004, 01:09 AM
<DIV>The only place ive heard that from is fanfics and rumors..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Vox and Naggy were locked away before they could create another prismatic dragon.</DIV>

Kryussius
12-14-2004, 02:01 AM
<DIV>As far as I know from official lore (started back when Velious first came out), Nagafen and Vox never had any offspring.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>They were *going* to, which is why they were imprisioned, I think by the Ring of Scale which had split from the Claws of Veeshan by then, but I'm not sure.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But by official lore, as far as I know (unless something's been presented in EQ2), they never actually had any offspring.</DIV>

Gobbwin
12-14-2004, 11:55 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P> <HR> </P> <P>Hamus wrote:</P> <P>The lore behind this is that after Naggy and Vox did mate before they were banished and it was only long after did Vox actually lay the prismatic egg. Now since Permafrost is REALLY cold, the egg would not hatch. Now I remember reading somewhere in lore that around the time of the shattering, goblins were sending messages back and forth between Vox and Naggy and that they were planning to transport the egg to Lavastorm, which would provide the proper warmth for the egg to hatch. Not sure what happened after that tho.<BR></P> <P> <HR> </P></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=lore&message.id=266" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=lore&message.id=266</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Sorry forgot and didn't actively look for it.  Naggy and Vox weren't banished just for thinking about mating and having offspring, they were banished because they did mate.  The egg either never hatched or just took an extremly long time to do so.  Another thing to remember is that the Shissar sucessfully made it to luclin ages ago to escape the green mist and that was still while it was hidden from view.  Who's to say that the egg wasn't somehow sent to luclin?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>just my 2 cp</DIV></FONT>

Kamimura
12-15-2004, 02:02 AM
<DIV>Unless there is something in EQ2 specifically saying different, official lore from EQ1 says they did not get the chance to mate. They were imprisoned by the ring of scale before they had the chance.</DIV>

troodon311
12-15-2004, 02:23 PM
<DIV>I always heard there was an egg somewhere in Vox's lair...  never saw it myself; those raids were always pointless unless you were leading.</DIV>

Sarago
12-15-2004, 07:00 PM
<blockquote><hr>Rounlin wrote:<DIV>I think Kerafrym had something to do with the Mata Marum, either he is Mata or worked for him. I dont think the end of OoW has come to a close yet, so it is possible and rumors spread that MAta is a dragon.</DIV><hr></blockquote>Stop ok.. please.. *shakes his head*.. Here it is laid out.. what happed.. 1.. Sleeper was awoken (but never killed in lore). 2. He was cranky, so he killed every dragon he came across on his way to SS. 3. He then flew off into space searching for Veeshan to kill her.. 4. He will lose ;p

Kamimura
12-15-2004, 09:08 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> troodon311 wrote:<BR> <DIV>I always heard there was an egg somewhere in Vox's lair...  never saw it myself; those raids were always pointless unless you were leading. <HR> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I won what I needed for my epic on a pick up vox raid. :smileytongue:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I have also never seen an egg there. People frozen in blocks of ice, yes, but no eggs to my knowledge.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

Gobbwin
12-15-2004, 10:25 PM
<P>Found some of what I've been looking for:</P> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Lore&message.id=847&no_redir=true" target=_blank>http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Lore&message.id=847&no_redir=true</A></DIV> <DIV><BR> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Vahlar-Dev (EQ Designer) wrote:<BR> <DIV> <DIV>You will never see the big book of lore!  Muahahah!  *cough* Hold please while I revert to old Lore Lady status.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think I may stop responding to that title, it's horrid.  Call me Vahlar the Lorekeeper instead?  I'm going to develop a complex otherwise. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Well, after much thought and consideration about the Nagafen and Vox storyline and talking to the team, we decided to leave it open to interpretation.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>There is ample lore available about the history of the dragonkind of Norrath and one just needs to talk to friends or buy books, do quests, etc. and then you can interpret the stories you find.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>We don't want this forum to become a place where we completely define the stories in EverQuest and limit imagination.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>That being said, there are a lot of fanciful storytellers in Norrath that might embellish a tale or two -- or completely make it up.  I'm not saying that's the case for Nagafen and Vox, but I'm not saying it's not.  The truth is how you interpret it for your character.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I know that's not the specific answer Raheli was looking for, but I encourage you all to share what you know about that story here.  He might find a story amongst your notions that is more palatable. </DIV></DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Also:</P> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Irish213 wrote:<BR> <DIV> <DIV>According to the lore provided by SOE to White-Wolf,in the Everfrost Peaks and the Solusek's Eye supplements Vox and Nagafen have indeed mated and she has just recently birthed the egg,Vox is taking care of a prismatic egg that is unable to hatch.Both Vox and Nagafen are trying to find a way to bring it to him to be hatched without alerting the other dragons.Nagafen believes that Veeshan is keeping it from hatching until it can be brought to him.he believes the power in Solusek's Eye will imbue it with far more power than Kerafrym and under his tutelage will become a force unlike any other.<BR> <HR> </DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>I knew I had seen that somewhere!  And no kerafyrm wasn't their offspring, they only had the one egg.<BR></P> <P>And here is when it was awoken in EQ1: <A href="http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/sleeper.asp" target=_blank>http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/sleeper.asp</A>   This is also a very very good site on him, enjoy.</P> <P>And here he is killing lord yelniak: <A href="http://www.albrandes.com/skden/images/sleeper_yelinak.jpg" target=_blank>http://www.albrandes.com/skden/images/sleeper_yelinak.jpg</A>  (this is no joke btw, its dead serious)</P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <DIV> </DIV></FONT>

Grozmok
12-18-2004, 12:30 PM
<DIV>Just to clear things up:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My original character, on Rallos Zek (The server that killed him) was at the event in question. It took three guilds: Ascending Dawn, Wudan (my guild) and Magus Imperilus Magicus. There were 180 people at the raid (more in zone, totalling 230 ish). The first fight, spanning 3 hours, was ended by a GM who killed the sleeper when it was at 26%. This fight took place on November 17, a Saturday. The GM's apologised, and gave us 2 AA points each, and repaid EXP lost. They also said they would respawn the said dragon the next day.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Two days later, on Monday, November 19, we went at it again. This time the fight took 3 hours and a bit, and the sleeper was killed, no loot, did not run. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Basically Kerafrym was supposed to be EQ2's lore; the shattering, the rending, all of it. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The lore:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Nagafen and Vox NEVER mated. The two dragons in question were two dragons of opposite elements (fire and ice). They appealed to the Arch Priest, Kildrukan, to mate, but the Arch Priest forbid it. They mated anyway (fused their hearts, died in the process), and the child was born.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Kildrukan, seeing a chance to unify the dragon species, prophecised that Kerafrym would be the one to unify the dragon species. Kerafrym advanced as a general in the Claws of Veeshan, until he slowly became insane. Kildrukan convinced 3 other council elders (the council created soon after the 'second generations (all that was not created by Veeshan) appeared on Norrath) that the prophecy was true and that Kerafrym was their only hope.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Claws of Veeshan soon saw that Kerafrym was insane, a war was waged between Kerafrym's loyal legions and the Claws of Veeshan. The Claws of Veeshan took a cripping blow, but Kerafrym was restrained and bound in his Tomb. The four elders loyal to Kerafrym flew off to different parts of the world, never to be seen again -- until Kerafrym's release.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The in-game lore:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:04 2002] You say, 'Hail, Jortreva the Crusader' <BR>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:05 2002] Jortreva the Crusader lifts her wings in a graceful motion as she lowers her chin to eye Ironhand in greetings, ''I am Jortreva, Crusader of Veeshan. I am the ear to the whispers upon the shadows and the eyes to witness the tainted footsteps of our enemies that corrupt our path. Your kind, the second generation of the lesser gods' creation, have brought us into being as we are now -- for that, we hold neither gratitude nor contempt. It is your actions that have sent us spiraling through an umbra of immeasurable danger that could secure the destruction of all upon this world, but it shall be through the undying efforts of the [champions] that we may have some chance to ward this darkness back into the oblivion it strives to create.'' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:25 2002] You say, 'What are champions?' <BR>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:25 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''We are four elemental dragons bred to be champions among our people -- within this world. We do not seek recognition or praise from either world -- yours or that of Veeshan's brood -- but we seek to protect and maintain the balance that keeps our worlds separate, yet unified upon the same plane of existence. When Kerafyrm was first placed into stasis by our predecessors, the elemental warders, the [council] ordered the arranged breeding of what would be the warders' replacements when the time came for their stations to ascend. However, the unpredicted actions of the second generation have thrown us into a new role -- the role of Crusaders.''' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:39 2002] You say, 'What council?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:39 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''When dragon kind was accompanied upon this world by the lesser god's intrusion, the council of elders was formed. Immediately our ancestors realized the need for our kind to be of sound unification if we were to prevail and remain the superior beings upon what is rightfully our world. As we watched the eras pass through both the second generation and our own cultures, the members of the council changed. Eventually, one known as Kildrukaun would be appointed Arch Priest of Veeshan through divine rite and ceremony -- a sacred part of our institution that I shall not divulge to one as yourself. His first decree would be to condemn the unification of souls between dragons whose elemental influences were of opposition. It was of his belief, and thus the belief of the council, that such a union was against Veeshan's will and would have dire consequences upon the entire dragon nation. Time would pass again before [fate] would descend upon Kildrukaun's decree.''' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:47 2002] You say, 'What fate?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:47 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''Two dragons of opposite elemental powers confronted the council with their desire to mate. Kildrukaun immediately dismissed any blessing and ordered the dragons from ever fulfilling their desires. These two were young still and very headstrong, regarding the council and its rules to be outdated when considering the growing influence and power of the second generation. They fled to unknown corners of Norrath and there, they bound their souls in a sacred union that would forge the first prismatic dragon. When knowledge of this event came to the council, Kildrukaun, a being of great wisdom and calm heart for regard of his own people looked upon the prismatic's creation as that of Veeshan's will, for conceivably unto him, only Veeshan herself could defy her great priest's rule. The council was in agreement and the hatchling, who would be named Kerafyrm, the Prophetic Savior, was allowed to continue existence under close watch that would be [governed by Kildrukaun himself].''' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:53 2002] You say, 'How was it governed by Kildrukaun himself?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:53 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''Although Kildrukaun was inspired and intrigued by Kerafyrm's existence, he was wary still for he had yet to be witness to the true intent of Veeshan's will. In this time, the dragon nation had split and were in opposing power -- the Ring of Scale whom fled their native Velious for Kunark, and the Claws of Veeshan, the original order and council of dragon kind. It was known that Kildrukaun was furious with the recent division and he strongly believed that it was Veeshan's will for the dragon nations to reunite once again, lest they become as weak and pitiful as the second generation. He viewed Kerafyrm to be the road that would guide the dragons to unification, although it was a unification that would be borne of an unknown purpose that Kerafyrm served. Kildrukaun never interacted with the young prismatic dragon, but served as the dictator behind his mentors. Eventually, Kerafyrm would rise to a power unseen within any dragon of his still fledgling age and Kildrukaun's [prophecy] would be born.'' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:59 2002] You say, 'What Prophecy?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:48:59 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''Kildrukaun was of the mind that Kerafyrm was meant to lead the </DIV> <DIV>dragon nation in a civil war -- the Claws of Veeshan invading the great mountain fortress known as Veeshan's Peak that the Ring of Scale had established. He was certain that his campaign would unify the dragons and this was nothing less than the will of Veeshan herself. The council dismissed Kildrukaun's prophecy, exclaiming that although they must find a way to bring the Ring of Scale back under the wing of the elder council, they could not wage a war and abandon the threat of Kael Drakkal. Kildrukaun was furious, although he did not confront the council directly. Over the passing centuries, he would sway three of the [council elders] to his side and would personally oversee Kerafyrm's final stages of growth. Eventually the time would come when the council would [recognize their mistake] in allowing Kerafyrm to exist and their order for his termination would be the greatest impact in their destiny.'' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:49:13 2002] You say, 'What council elders?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:49:13 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''When dragon kind was accompanied upon this world by the lesser god's intrusion, the council of elders was formed. Immediately our ancestors realized the need for our kind to be of sound unification if we were to prevail and remain the superior beings upon what is rightfully our world. As we watched the eras pass through both the second generation and our own cultures, the members of the council changed. Eventually, one known as Kildrukaun would be appointed Arch Priest of Veeshan through divine rite and ceremony -- a sacred part of our institution that I shall not divulge to one as yourself. His first decree would be to condemn the unification of souls between dragons whose elemental influences were of opposition. It was of his belief, and thus the belief of the council, that such a union was against Veeshan's will and would have dire consequences upon the entire dragon nation. Time would pass again before [fate] would descend upon Kildrukaun's decree.''' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:49:48 2002] You say, 'How would the recognize their mistake?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:49:48 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''Kerafyrm quickly ascended the ranks within the Claws of Veeshan and eventually became our most powerful general. He led several successful campaigns against the rising threat of the giants of Kael and his influence grew among the elders of the council. However, something dark grew within him -- his bite became venomous and his talon ruthless in its command over his troops and allies. Eventually, his dominion and influence was nothing short of a monstrous creature of pure malignant hatred and an unrivaled lust for destruction and chaos that the council had no other choice but to demand his destruction -- a rule that Kildrukaun was present to hear and deceitfully condone. Shortly thereafter, Kildrukaun and four council elders whom the arch priest had managed to sway with his charismatic diplomacy and sound argument of his prophecy flew to Kerafyrm's side, where the four of them made preparations for the inevitable [war] to come.''' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:50:41 2002] You say, 'What war?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:50:42 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''Although short lived, the war between Kerafyrm's legions and those of the Claws of Veeshan would be a near crippling blow to the survival of the elder dragon council upon Velious. Kerafyrm's legions were severely outnumbered by those of the elder council, but time and time again they displayed their awesome strength and power. Eventually, Kerafyrm was restrained and taken to what would be his place of indefinite slumber. The four traitorous elders fled Velious safely to unknown locations, where they would lay in wait until the time came that Kerafyrm would be released. After centuries of hiding, the Ancients have returned and they now have a near unbreakable hold upon the former tomb of their master, where again they lay in wait -- anticipating the arrival of their master and the time to execute the undoubtedly phenomenal plan that will [bring about the extinction of all great existence] upon Norrath if they are successful.''' <BR></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:54:02 2002] You say, 'why will they bring about the extinction of all great existence?' <BR></DIV> <DIV>[Sun Sep 29 22:54:02 2002] Jortreva the Crusader says ''Kildrukaun has always despised the second generation and has long sought your total demise. Kerafyrm undoubtedly seeks vengeance for the actions of the Claws of Veeshan against him and together, the arch priest and Kerafyrm will seek to reconstruct this world in their own mind's image of what it should be -- a world that belongs solely to Veeshan's children, reborn in Kildrukaun's ideals, and subservient to Kerafyrm. They are truly mad with hate and an untamable lust for destruction -- one that [we must extinguish] forever.''' <BR></DIV> <DIV>More information on Sleeper lore:</DIV> <DIV><A href="http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/sleeper.asp" target=_blank>http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/sleeper.asp</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV>