PDA

View Full Version : The Rending's effect

dstuffle
11-25-2004, 09:08 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2> <P>I’m wondering what effect the Rending had on many of the old cities.</P> <P>Rivervale and Highpass Hold if it still existed after the Rallosian campaign appears to be in the region that is now deep ocean.</P> <P>Halas was burned and was under Orc occupation before the Rending, and appears to be an Isle now.</P> <P>Ooggok and Gukta are under the control of the Ogres and is also an Isle.</P> <P>Nerriak is currently still in game, though I’ve not been over there to explore it.</P> <P>Erudin and Paineell I would expect to be fairly in tact unless the Rending just sank the continent, though they are most likely at each other’s throats.</P> <P>Felwithe and Kelithin survived the Dark elf invasion (I gather this occurred about the same time that the Rallosian Invasion on Antonica, a great way to keep the elves from becoming involved in the battles) and by the time of the Rending would have most likely rebuilt. I don’t think the Rending would have wiped ether of them from the face of Norrath.</P> <P>Kaladim and Ak’ Annon aren’t mentioned in the lore we have found to date, except to state that the Dwarf and Gnome armies help pull the elves fat from the fire in the Dark elf war. The rending could not have been kind to ether of them. </P> <P>The Rending sounds like a 15 to 20+ on the Rector scale earthquake. Both Kaladim and Ak’ Annon are underground, defiantly not the place you want to be in an earthquake. I’d would expect that both cities suffered a near total decimation as the entire cavern system they where in collapsed.</P> <P>I’m not aware of any lore as to the fate of Cabilis, or the continent of Velious, and how they faired the Rending.</P></FONT></DIV>

Kamimura
11-25-2004, 10:03 PM
<DIV>There is a Halfling in game that says Rivervale survived the rending and the shattering, but something more horrible happened to it. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Neriak is on the same island the commonlands/Freeport is on. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Erudin and Paineel actually had a peace before the shattering, a Kerra in Freeport will tell the story. She says the Erudites stoped their war, joined together in stoneburnt, made a big temple thing devoted to each of the Gods the Erudites worshiped.. then one day a big boom happened and the Erudites came out looking like they do now. Now, how things were after the rending, im not sure.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And as for Velious, ive heard that it has thawed out. So nistead of being a contenent of ice it's probably more like the Wakening Lands were. (If that is true anyway, ive forgot where I heard it now..)</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kamimura on <span class=date_text>11-25-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:16 PM</span>

Almi
11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
<DIV>If one looks at the old and new maps, could an arguement be made that the Isle of Refuge is built on the ruins of Rivervale?</DIV>

Kamimura
11-29-2004, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Now, why would someone one-star me for that... oh well...</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I dont know, it would seem that way from a map. However, here's what the depressed halfling has to say about Rivervale. </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#3300ff>You say,"Hail, Pirnook Valewine" </FONT><BR></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"Oh! Excuse me for not recognizing your face.  I've only just arrived.  You know, this place is nice enough, but it still doesn't compare to the Vale ... Aaah, I guess I'll just have to make the best of it." </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#3300ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"Why the long face?" </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff></FONT></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"Oh, I just miss the Vale terribly, and I know that I'll never see it again. It'll never be as it was before, well, before I came here, anyway." </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#3300ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"Well, it sounds like you need to talk about something." <BR></FONT></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"You're ... you're right, I do, but I'm hesitant. I think that if I talk about it ... if someone else knows what I've seen, then ... then it'll be real.  I don't want it to be real." </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#3300ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"What have you seen?  It's ok, talking will make you feel better." <BR></FONT></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"Well ... I ... I can't, I just can't describe the things I've seen. I can tell you what I feel, and what I think, I suppose.  Yes, it's better this way.  The world should know that the Vale ... well, it just might not be there anymore, at least not in the way we know it." </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#0000ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"A lot of things have changed since the Cataclysms.  Nothing's the same anymore. " <BR></FONT></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"Oh, I know. But you see, Rivervale and the Misty Thicket were special; they weren't harmed in the Cataclysms!  Somehow our lands survived unscathed!  It was a paradise when the rest of the world was broken and shattered." </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#3300ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"Something recently happened in Rivervale?" </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"Yes. It did.  Something is happening in the vale at this very moment!  It's ... it's terrible!  I just ... I just don't want to think about it!  I can't!  I'm really very sorry, but I just can't.  Not yet.  I need time, just a little time for the nightmares to go away..." </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#3300ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"This sounds really serious.  You shouldn't hide this from the world." </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"I know, I know, but you haven't seen what I've seen!  You haven't heard the screams in the night!  Oh, those ghastly, horrific screams of pain and ... and merriment!  Cries of merriment in the slaughter!  It's ... it's happening now!  Right now!  They're suffering and I can't help them!  No one can help them!" </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#3300ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"Calm down!  What's happened?!  What have you seen?" <BR></FONT></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"Death and suffering!  All of them dead and suffering!  They ... they bring it!  They revel in it!  It's like wine and song to them!  They're beyond evil, and they won't stop until they reave every last bit of life from the land!" </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#0000ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"Who brings death and suffering?!" </FONT><BR></DIV></FONT> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"><FONT color=#ccffff>Pirnook Valewine/a says to you,"Terrible, horrible things in the night.  They shriek and howl, and then they sing softly and tenderly and sooth the nightmares away.  They're here for all of us; they won't stop until they've drained all life away.  Oh no, Launa!  My sweet Launa!  She's still there!  I abandoned her!  I had to, my sweet Launa, I had to ...  you were lost to them, but I couldn't do it!  I just couldn't do it!  Oh, please forgive me..." </FONT><BR></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New"></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#3300ff>You say to Pirnook Valewine,"Pirnook?  Pirnook?" </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#3300ff></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#ffffff>--------</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New">Now, the first time I heard that my first thoughts were of the undead that use to roam Kithicor, but it's just a guess.</FONT></DIV>

Ranger1017
11-30-2004, 02:18 AM
<DIV>It seems to me that the isle of Refuge is more into the mountains than Rivervale... maybe it's a piece of High Keep? We should remember that with the Rending, stuff probably not only sank into the ocean, it's entirely possible it could have moved, as well. From what I have read, not that I can remember any specific sources, Rivervale or what is left of it is all still around...</DIV>

Alexandr
11-30-2004, 08:14 PM
<DIV>Rivervale and its forest (forgot its name) are on what is know in the map as Enchanted Lands. It might be overrun by the bixies, since they evolved and now are bigger, and it seems badder.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Alexandros on <span class=date_text>11-30-2004</span> <span class=time_text>02:00 PM</span>

Almi
11-30-2004, 08:58 PM
<DIV>Thanks for all of the replys. I didn't play EQLive so all I have to go from are maps. You have to admit though, the IoR does bear a striking resemblance to Rivervale. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>On another note, are there any RP guilds dedicated to gathering knowledge and lore? </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Cheers,</DIV> <DIV>Almion</DIV>

Sapphyree
12-02-2004, 12:25 AM
<DIV>I don't recall the zone's name offhand, but if you were to run from Freeport to Rivervale in EQL you had to run through this one zone. The zone itself wasn't too bad, as long as you hit it during the day before the undead started spawning. The level differences between the day mobs and the night mobs was substantial. You could speculate that this could be the reference, as many of the mobs at night were quite ghastly.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also, wasn't Runnyeye by all this? You could also speculate that perhaps the goblins also survived unscathed and were able to strike back at the Haflings.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It's all speculation, but it's very interesting to see the theories people can come up with before someone actually finds out what really happened.</DIV>

Kamimura
12-02-2004, 12:54 AM
<DIV>That was Kithicor Forrest. Durring the day it was a newbie zone, well there were a few ghouls and things which were slighly higher level. But at night the undead that came out were in the 40's and 50's. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kryussius
12-03-2004, 01:28 AM
<DIV>From the sounds of it, the undead soldiers who were under Innoruuk's curse are no longer bound to Kithicor Forest anymore.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Maybe since the god left, their limitation of only coming out at night was gone so they decided to pay the halflings a visit.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Good riddance after what the mangy little buggers caused in my beloved Neriak.</DIV>

Squallaby
12-07-2004, 12:59 AM
*****POSSIBLE SPOLIER BELOW******From what I understand (and I could be wrong) Rivervale is now under the total control of the "evil eyes" from eq1. They are all powerful enchanters and have powerful charm abilites. They are also totally evil, and feed off dispair and sadness. So I could see how this fits in with what was said above. I can't back this up yet, I haven't finished the access quest yet.

Quinntus
12-07-2004, 01:44 AM
<blockquote><hr>Almion wrote:<DIV>If one looks at the old and new maps, could an arguement be made that the Isle of Refuge is built on the ruins of Rivervale?</DIV><hr></blockquote>Try this site<BR><a href="http://eq2.warcry.com/scripts/images/view_image.phtml?id=47478&site=68" target=_blank>Map Overlay</a>