PDA

View Full Version : Wakinya's Skin of Spirits and Spectral Ward

Ze
01-23-2005, 08:55 AM
I know people are wondering which is better, I'm wondering if they are stackable. My Shaman is currently 18 and has Adept 3 Spectral Ward. I've read over the training options a lot and if they stack I may take Wakinya's Skin of Spirits just to add to my ward ability. Any thoughts or comments? Anyone have them both to test stacking?

MIJ
01-23-2005, 09:49 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Zeyr wrote:<BR>I know people are wondering which is better, I'm wondering if they are stackable. My Shaman is currently 18 and has Adept 3 Spectral Ward. I've read over the training options a lot and if they stack I may take Wakinya's Skin of Spirits just to add to my ward ability. Any thoughts or comments? Anyone have them both to test stacking?<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Well...I don't know why but my spectral ward apprentice 4 is better than wakinya's and they start it off at adept 2...Interesting. Not sure if this is just me but i tested.

Ze
01-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Well, I leveled up to 20 and took the advanced ward. It does stack with Spectral Ward even though they share the same recast timer. Wakinya's Skin of Spirits cost 3 less power then my Adept 3 Spectral Ward, hope to do some damage tests with it later to see how it compares.

Itachi53
01-24-2005, 11:24 AM
At Level 35, my Spectral Ward Adept III is grey and Skin of Spirits still cons Green. Furthermore, the training ward absorbed about 679 dmg while the Spectral Ward only absobed 537. 679 / 85 power for the training ward computes out to 7.98 hp per mana for the training ward while,537 / 62 power for the spectral ward computes out to 8.66 hp per mana for the Spectral Ward Adept III. Spectral Ward Adept III does infact absorb more hp per mana than the training ward, but they are still quite close. Close enough that the extra 150 or so dmg absorption the Traning ward has over Spectral Ward makes it more worthwhile for me to cast.

Stormbil
01-24-2005, 06:55 PM
<DIV>I'd say if you already have an adept III spectral ward, then you shouldn't choose Wakinya's since, even if there is an improvement, there won't be that much difference between the two.  I'd recommend thinking about the improved healing spell at lvl 20 if you don't already have an adept III for healing ritual.</DIV>

Banditman
01-24-2005, 07:23 PM
<DIV>He just showed you that WSS is 150 HP stronger than SW Ad3.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>That is a significant difference.  Its even more significant given that most folks arent going to have SW Ad3.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In fact, WSS is a stronger Ward than AW Ap4 at L31.  AW Ad1 is only just BARELY stronger than WSS . . . for all intents and purposes they are the same.</DIV>

Ze
01-25-2005, 08:10 AM
I'm happy I took the training ward. I have already collected a piece of coral, but I gave that to my Monk partner to Adept 3 her Rapid Swings. I will hopefully aquire another coral or silver soon that I will use to Adept 3 my Healing Ritual. Seeing that the training ward absorbs more then SW and even the next ward I feel good about my decision.

Banditman
01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
<DIV>Once you max out Ancestral (Adept I), it will absorb SLIGHTLY more than the training Ward, but right now the difference is less than 30HP for me, which I'm happy to call "equal".</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>