PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Weakness, Wailing Haze, Omannus Freezing Haze, Keening Haze, and ect.

Kede
01-22-2005, 03:14 AM
<DIV>Do these all stack?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I do alot of debuffing when i'm the secondary healer in a group. I read alot of posts also saying that debufs make it so mystics can keep up with healing ok.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I cast all these debuffs and they all land on a mob at the same time, but do they all work on the mob at the same time? Do the stronger Haze line spells overwrite the lesser ones or do they really stack like it looks on the maintained spells bar?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I guess its really hard to see how much and what effect these spells have on a mob.</DIV>

Kalam
01-22-2005, 03:45 AM
<DIV>This is from a November 30th game update:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG>- The Mystic's Keening Haze spell line's "slow" (attack speed decrease) component no longer stacks with the shaman's Wailing Haze "slow" component.</STRONG></DIV> <DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV> <DIV>I don't know for certain, but I'd imagine that the slow component for Keening Haze overrides the slow component of Wailing Haze but I'm not certain of how that exactly works.  The bottom line tho is, once you get Keening Haze there's no reason to ever cast Wailing Haze again as Keening Haze also decreases the target's combat skills while Wailing Haze does not.  In regards to the Trait slow spell, I don't know.  The one common theme though is slow components will not stack.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Weakness, Delusion, Cry of the Ancients etc. lines do stack with the Haze (slow) line.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kede
01-22-2005, 04:44 AM
<P><SPAN>I seem to remember am explanation too something like this in EQ1, it pretty much said that the slow elements overwrote each other yet the other effects remained on the mob. Not really sure, guessing I'm digging for really in depth explanations of how the spells work and what exactly they affect in terms of stats on the mob.</SPAN></P> <P><SPAN></SPAN> </P> <P><SPAN>Might be wishing for too much here, lol. Not sure if that can be figured out without someone from Sony telling us.</SPAN></P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000 size=3></FONT> </P>

leatia
01-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I would theorize that debuff stacks exhibit the same behavior as beneficial buffs- which is the strongest of the stack supercedes any others that may be applied of the same line.This can be seen when applying run-speed modifier buffs- it's not like each additional speed buff increases the run speed; it's just the fastest of those applied is used.In the past, you could stack both Wailing & Keening Haze on mobs, but the mob had the overall effect of just having Keening Haze on it. If they were additive, you would notice a large improvement. But as it stands, if you tried this- you'd see it doesnt seem to make any difference.