PDA

View Full Version : Which slow is better?

RicoRanger
01-21-2005, 11:52 AM
<DIV>How does the trait/ability spell Omannus' Freezing Haze compare to Keening Haze?  I know Keening caps a bit higher but I'm debating as to whether it is worthwhile to upgrade Keeing to Adept 1 if I already have Omannus'.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyone know the details?  Keening costs 42 power vs. 20 for Omannus' so I'm guessing Keening is a better slow.  They are both orange at 24.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thx,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>RicoRanger</DIV>

Di0Xi
01-21-2005, 02:27 PM
The only slows I have seen people parse have weighed in at about 15%.I haven't seen any extensive testing of many different slows though at different spell upgrade levels though so sorry can't answer.

Cor
01-21-2005, 06:59 PM
<DIV>I would stick with Keening Haze.  You get the slow plus the offensive debuff, which helps a lot.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Coren</DIV> <DIV>28 Mystic</DIV>

RicoRanger
01-27-2005, 02:47 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Coren wrote:<BR> <DIV>I would stick with Keening Haze.  You get the slow plus the offensive debuff, which helps a lot.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Coren</DIV> <DIV>28 Mystic</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Omannus' Freezing Haze has some debuff component to it also.  It says it decreases melee dmg output of the target.  Keening Haze decreases the "offensive abilities" of the target.  Still having trouble knowing which is more effective.  For more than double the power cost I would imagine that Keening is better but I would like to know for sure before I burn my Adept 1 Keening scroll.  It would be nice if there were some published stats for these spells.  The fan boards for DAoC and EQ1 frequently had exact slow percentages and debuff percentages for spells.  I'm all for preserving the mystery but not when it causes me to waste gold!</FONT></DIV> <DIV></FONT> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>