PDA

View Full Version : Question about Manastone and Wards.

disru
01-17-2005, 04:48 AM
To Eloora or anyone else who has a manastone already:If you ward yourself, and clicky the stone, does the conversion bypass ward and still come out of your hp pool?Common sense would tell me the answer is yes just because if it wasn't, then ward would be better than reactives or regens for at least this one situation. Then the world would explode and hell would freeze over.

Mystiq
01-17-2005, 07:55 AM
<DIV>Are you ready for this?</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>Casting a ward before casting Manastone does indeed soak up the damage of Manastone. I myself cast Spectral Ward (adept 3) before casting Manastone. The power is only 60 for SW and I only end up getting hit for 153 dmg, and get 200 something power back. It's not that bad of a tradeoff, but sometimes i do get hit for random damage. Today I cast SW then Manastone, but got hit with 330 dmg, and SW was still on me :smileyindifferent:. Moral of the story though, if you wanna cast a low power ward on yourself first, it <EM>is</EM> worth it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Regards, </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

disru
01-17-2005, 08:59 AM
So hell just froze over but the world did not explode. Thanks Eloora!

hum
01-19-2005, 08:26 PM
can anyone post a spoiler walkthru for the manastone quest???

BigDa
01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
<DIV>Better hope you're not over 29th level coz you cant get the drop that starts it.  How stupid.  Still, you can always pay 2 plat for the drop.  I kid you not - it was on the broker last night for 2 plat.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks to that person for exploiting the situation...</DIV>

Kalam
01-19-2005, 09:26 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> humji wrote:<BR>can anyone post a spoiler walkthru for the manastone quest???<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>Look in the quests forum.  There's a 9+ page thread on it.</P> <P> </P>

Xran
01-20-2005, 02:25 AM
<blockquote><hr>Eloora wrote:<DIV>Are you ready for this?</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>.</DIV><DIV>Casting a ward before casting Manastone does indeed soak up the damage of Manastone. I myself cast Spectral Ward (adept 3) before casting Manastone. The power is only 60 for SW and I only end up getting hit for 153 dmg, and get 200 something power back. It's not that bad of a tradeoff, but sometimes i do get hit for random damage. Today I cast SW then Manastone, but got hit with 330 dmg, and SW was still on me :smileyindifferent:. Moral of the story though, if you wanna cast a low power ward on yourself first, it <EM>is</EM> worth it.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Regards, </DIV><DIV> </DIV><hr></blockquote>Do you perceive manastone as a crucial item to get? Conceptual wise, I find it really useful to be able to convert hp to power. I just got stilleto's order yesterday. But I am not sure how useful manastone is entirely when I heard the power gained is not all that fancy.

Banditman
01-20-2005, 02:44 AM
<DIV>In hindsight, I wish I had gotten the quest before I broke 29.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>While not a 100% crucial item, consider it a 200 point increase in your mana pool.  Would you turn down an item with +200 power on it?  I know I wouldn't.</DIV>