PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of the Badger and Runic Shield

Scrav
01-17-2005, 03:59 AM
EDIT: I no longer really have a point (well the one I was trying to make) after trying out Runic Shield Apprentice 2, but the information may still be interesting to some.At first there seemed something a bit odd about these 2 spells. Runic Shield appears to be the upgrade to Spirit of the Badger. At the moment I have Spirit of the Badger at Adept 1 and Runic Shield at Apprentice 2 at level 31.8. My intitial reactions were that while Adept 1 is obviously better than Apprentice 1, I didn't expect such a large difference between each upgrade.Spirit of the Badger (Adept 1) gives me:15 Strength281 ACRunic Shield (Apprentice 1) gives me:22 Strength67 ACRunic Shield (Apprentice 2) gives me:22 Strength140 ACIt appears that upgrading this line of spells has a very large effect on AC considering that one upgrade appears to more than double what apprentice 1 gives.<p>Message Edited by Scrav on <span class=date_text>01-16-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:01 PM</span>

MIJ
01-17-2005, 04:34 AM
<DIV>See what I did was to not worry bout app2's i just went straight to app3 adept 1 or adept 3. (Thats if the adept 3 is cheap thanx to the rare material drops...Grrrrrr!) But yeah it would just be easier if you skipped app2 casue its mostly a waste of money...Unless of course noone can make the app3 or adept 3 or find any adept 1's...</DIV>

Di0Xi
01-17-2005, 05:28 AM
Yeah I made a post about the defiler version of this and I was confused too. But its nice in a way, this is a buff that is actually worth upgrading for a change. Most buff upgrades of app1 to adept1 will only wield like.. 12 or so improvement. Wheras this is giving us hundreds, a really worthwhile upgrade.<p>Message Edited by Di0XiDe on <span class=date_text>01-17-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:29 AM</span>

Scrav
01-22-2005, 10:44 AM
I've managed to get Runic Shield upgraded to App 4 level but it still falls short in the AC department significantly. At level 32.4 I am gaining the following stats...Spirit of the Badger (Adept 1) gives me:15 Strength281 ACNo change from before because mastery is at 148 skill.Runic Shield (Apprentice 4) gives me:24 Strength228 ACSo going by these, the Adept 1 version *may* balance out with the old buff. It is nice to have the strength upgrade over the old spell, but it would be nice if the AC part wasn't as dependent on how much the Spirit of the Badger ability was upgraded in my opinion.I do like that the upgrades do give very sizeable improvements, but I am surprised Runic Shield didn't gain a bit of boost to level out the AC issue a bit. Perhaps I have my expectations too high as this buff already gives a significant AC boost.Unfortuantely I didn't record what the App 2 version was at 32.4 before I upgraded to App 4 to test for any noticeable trend increase.