PDA

View Full Version : Keening Haze duration cut short?!

Merrygr
01-01-2005, 04:13 AM
<DIV>Short story long.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think I have seen keening haze drop premature in a lot of fights so I put my cursor over the buff and saw it drop when there was 15 seconds left on timer. I'm pretty sure I have seen it drop with longer left on duration too. Then there was the DoT thread about DoTs dropping early (which I don't thikn they really do, you get all your ticks), so I decided to log and see exactly how long keening haze lasted.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The full duration is 1m10s</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I tested this on a rat in antonica. To my surprise I always got full duration. I was sure I had seen it drop early before.</DIV> <DIV>So I went to TS and used a lvl 20++ skellie.</DIV> <DIV>Now it always lasted for 59 seconds. Every time.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Tried a lvl 23++ scarecrow</DIV> <DIV>Lasted for 56 seconds every time.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Now I realise I should have tried multiple mobs of same type and level. This was a limitied test against grey con mobs. I cast slow three times on each mob and got exactly the same duration each time. This is not enough to draw any conclusions, but it is enough to let us know that there is something that at least I don't understand going on.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>More investigation needed (which I won't do in the near future).</DIV>

Mady
01-04-2005, 02:34 AM
<DIV>I noticed this recently too. Fighting level 26-30 mobs, Keening Haze would drop with 15+ seconds left on the timer. Not sure if this is a client issue or something in the design of the spell.</DIV>

cas
01-04-2005, 02:59 AM
<DIV>This weekend mine were all dropping at like 25-30 left..  I just figured that the mob dispelled him self some how.  also this happens for just about all spells..</DIV>