PDA

View Full Version : This Ward thing is all a bit weird, isn't it?

BigDa
12-29-2004, 05:16 PM
<DIV>Ok, I'm a 32nd level mystic and I'm still having fun.  It's not the end of the world, but I really wish wards 'made more sense'.  My apologies - I know wards are talked about in every other thread, but a couple of things struck me that really aren't a matter of debate, they are just 'wrong', surely?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG>If wards take effect pre-mitigation because they are an external 'barrier' to damage, not a heal</STRONG></DIV> <DIV>Then why the heck to specials go right 'through' them?</DIV> <DIV>And why do some 'normal' attacks hit you when the ward is still up? (It does happen, I swear)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think I'm gonna use /bug and /feedback every day until this gets 'fixed'.</DIV>

Karla
12-29-2004, 09:46 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> BigDave wrote:<BR> <DIV>Ok, I'm a 32nd level mystic and I'm still having fun.  It's not the end of the world, but I really wish wards 'made more sense'.  My apologies - I know wards are talked about in every other thread, but a couple of things struck me that really aren't a matter of debate, they are just 'wrong', surely?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG>If wards take effect pre-mitigation because they are an external 'barrier' to damage, not a heal</STRONG></DIV> <DIV>Then why the heck to specials go right 'through' them?</DIV> <DIV>And why do some 'normal' attacks hit you when the ward is still up? (It does happen, I swear)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think I'm gonna use /bug and /feedback every day until this gets 'fixed'.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>Getting ready for a fanboi post flame........</P> <P> </P> <P>Ok ready. Maybe because this game was horribely rushed, just so they cna beat wow to the market and hopefully get a larger market share.  The devs can not seem to patch the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] game, without managing to destroy.</P>

Banditman
12-29-2004, 10:33 PM
<DIV>Consider this a flame if you like.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I do not have a problem with the fact that Wards are still not functioning "correctly".</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Wait for it . . . .</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV>.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>What I have a HUGE problem with is that it has not been officially ackowledged that Wards need to be looked at.  I don't care if the game was rushed.  I don't care if there are bugs.  All I would like to see is some acknowledgement of "Yes, we see that there are some problems with XXXXX.  We'll look at them as soon as we can."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Merrygr
12-30-2004, 01:14 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Banditman wrote:<BR> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[Snip]</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>What I have a HUGE problem with is that it has not been officially ackowledged that Wards need to be looked at.  I don't care if the game was rushed.  I don't care if there are bugs.  All I would like to see is some acknowledgement of "Yes, we see that there are some problems with XXXXX.  We'll look at them as soon as we can."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Well, either that or that they confirm that everything is working as intended. I would like them to say that they are either looking into it or that they have looked at it and are a) going to rebalance or b) that they are happy the way things are.</DIV>

BigDa
12-30-2004, 02:48 PM
<DIV>True - I would be 'content' if I actually got some comment on this.  Either I can look forward to an eventual 'fix' or I can just start dealing with it.  Right now it's extremely frustrating - constantly.</DIV>

Gnome mercy
12-31-2004, 02:40 PM
<DIV>ok...I think you guys are just lookin for something to whine and cry about. Get this. I'm a level 42 mystic and have had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH WARD!!! I don't know what you people are whinning about but get over it. I solo alot. I use ward alot. Its the way of life for a shaman and so are nukes and other crap like that. I mainly use DoTs tho. Anyways the reason WHY they havent looked at ward syet is cause:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>one sec...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is really funny</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>You're never gunna believe this</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>BUT</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM!!!!!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Now whatever you are whining about get over it or play a different character.To be 100% honest I would put everything I got on life on this but there is nothing wrong with the wards. You just gotta learn how to use them and when to use them and when to heal instead of using them.</DIV>

Grumb
12-31-2004, 03:15 PM
<DIV>Level 42 ??? Since yesterday ??? :smileyvery-happy:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I can see you was registered since yesterday, and have made 7 posts ???</DIV> <DIV>I can only say: You are [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] fast.....</DIV>

Gnome mercy
12-31-2004, 03:21 PM
<DIV>Lol using my sons username and password didnt see it...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>might be intelligent for me to switch accounts now lol</DIV>

Banditman
12-31-2004, 08:40 PM
<DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Gnome mercy wrote:<BR> <DIV>is it that good?...man I can't wait = p I'm just a young shaman level 16 but i got that in 1 night....so maybe i can get 20 by tomorrow = p...is it like completely noticeable and how long does it last?</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>From another thread above.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>You realize of course that if you stop contradicting yourself you'll gain a great deal more credibility.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Or maybe that's just me.</DIV>