PDA

View Full Version : DOT's?

Ind
12-22-2004, 10:48 PM
What other DOT's do Mystics have besides contagion?

Banditman
12-23-2004, 02:13 AM
<DIV>Links to Mystic and Defiler spell lists here:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://forums.interealms.com/shaman/showthread.php?threadid=24700" target=_blank>http://forums.interealms.com/shaman/showthread.php?threadid=24700</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

BigDa
12-23-2004, 02:05 PM
<DIV>I'm Mystic level 30.  Have Contagion (now grey, but does 25-30 per tick on white and less /cons).  Have Miasma recently.  Have Cold Fire.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>None of these are Adept, and I do about 120 per tick.  Yay!</DIV>

Hadji
12-23-2004, 08:01 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>I may be off here, but I thought Miasma was the upgrade to Contagion, and that the two didn't stack.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>I still get about 100-110/tic but that is with coldfire (between 65 and 75) and miasma (about 25-35) with Adept I Miasma and APP III Coldfire.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Frellya</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>30 - Mystic / 13 Outfitter</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Neriak</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>

Banditman
12-23-2004, 09:00 PM
<DIV>Contagion will stack with any of the higher Disease DoT's, however, none of higher Disease DoT's will stack with each other.  At least that is my understanding of the situation.</DIV>

Melamp
12-23-2004, 10:56 PM
<DIV>No, Contag will not stack with miasma,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>they will both show on your maintained spell window at the same time but if you notice your damage window only miasma damage happens.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>so you're us cold fire and miasma as your dots.....</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>he's a kicker</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>pox and icy flames are the upgrades to these two spells </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>and they only do about 10 more damage a tick then their lowbie version....when it takes 14 lvls to upgrade you would expect more damage</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>110 more total damage on a 38 mob vs. a 24 mob isn't much of a difference.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Banditman
12-23-2004, 11:10 PM
<DIV>Priests are not damage dealers.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>*shrug*</DIV>

leatia
12-24-2004, 03:25 AM
While shaman aren't a dps class, damage output should scale by level in proportion to mob hit point growth in order to keep soloing constant. Exp gain and exp per level already scales to slow solo progress... solo fights taking much longer to boot is a double negative if damage output doesn't scale.That being said, I'd be happy if shaman dots stacked with fellow shaman. I haven't tested this in the last two patches, but prior- adding another shaman or duoing with one doesn't help overall dps by 2x like other classes. One shaman can dot/stack 110hp/tick damage.. two also 110hp/tick.. three 110hp/tick, etc.etc. Therein lies the problem.As it stands, we have pretty decent damage output- enough to solo if you hunt for specific mobs. I'd really like to see more duo/trio options though in the higher levels.

Banditman
12-24-2004, 07:29 PM
<DIV>I don't find it difficult to solo . . . . as long as I stick to solo con mobs.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Certainly, if I am careless enough to attack a group con mob, I'll likely find myself out of power and low on health at the end - or dead.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Gura
12-24-2004, 09:12 PM
<DIV>I'd be happy if our strong DoT (Cold Fire and Icy Flames) stacked with the Warden cold DoT.  Extremely annoying that the damage doesn't stack... even if Cold Fire does more damage!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It might also be nice if our DD spells were just a bit more powerful... 100 damage for a level 33 spell (asept 1)?  Pathetic.  I'm almost embarrased to cast it in front of my group.  :smileyhappy: At the very least it could be more efficient or have a faster cast time.</DIV>

Potentater
12-24-2004, 09:45 PM
<DIV>It amazes me that the developers didn't learn from EQLive about dot stacking.  For years, Necromancers & Shaman did not stack with other Necros and Shaman because of this very same issue.  I hope history does not repeat itself.</DIV>

Banditman
12-24-2004, 10:36 PM
<DIV>You do realize that the non-stacking of DoT's could be intentional . . . right?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>While EQ2 is clearly based on EQLive, many of the dynamics were changed in an attempt to avoid some of the problems that surfaced as EQLive aged.</DIV>

leatia
12-26-2004, 03:51 AM
Non-stacking of DoTs could be by design, but I strongly doubt it. It was an issue due to bugs/complexities in Everquest that was soon rectified and fixed.It makes no sense for certain classes to stack with one another and not others. By adding 2x of (insert class here), the capabilities should double. This goes for melee, healing, nuking.. but not DoTs. It would just be unusual if, by design, adding additional DoT damagers doesn't have the same effective increase in firepower. It also curbs duoing pairs to be more limited- NOT something I'd believe Sony would do intentionally. Sony has always tried to focus the game around "the more, the merrier" mindset- encouraging players to group up and work together. Non-stacking of DoTs discourages or otherwise limits this mindset.<p>Message Edited by leatia on <span class=date_text>12-25-2004</span> <span class=time_text>02:51 PM</span>