PDA

View Full Version : Mystic can't use Great Spear?

BTuna
12-21-2004, 06:34 AM
<DIV>I was under the impression that shaman sublcasses would be able to use great spear, I am currently lvl 26 mystic and I'm guessing I won't ever be able to use great spear? Sorry for the newb question this is my first rpg.</DIV>

Mystiq
12-22-2004, 07:11 AM
<DIV>You will never get the greatspear skill unfortunately. Regular old spears is the best we can use. Great spears include things like halberds and polearm type weapons, which are pretty heavy duty, and not something I'd associate with shaman type classes. I'd love to be able to use them mind you, as the damage is much better, but I can see why we aren't allowed to.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Regards,</DIV>

BTuna
12-22-2004, 07:45 AM
<DIV>Well, that is quite disapointing. I was originally going to disagree with the whole "wards are underpowered" bangwagon. But now that I see we really don't have much of a combat advantage, and our healing is definetely sub-par . . .I agree that mytic class needs a slight change. Either the ward system needs an overhaul OR we need to be a more effective combat class being able to use great spears and/or sword/dual weild. I personally think there should be more weapons available to our class, as that would differentiate between us and the other priests more than simply making us all equal healers.</DIV>