PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on spell upgrade...inquiring minds want to know.

lochne
12-21-2004, 02:41 AM
<DIV>Lvl 24 Shammie..I just aquired a piece of coral so I can update 1 spell (I have all the crafting stuff to do it) <BR><BR>From what I understand coral can make the following spells (please correct if you know otherwise) <BR><BR>Phantasm <BR>Contagion <BR>Spiritual Ward<BR><BR>Phantasm I use rarely so I don't think it is worth upgrading at this time <BR><BR>At 24 I am going to get a cold dot..does that stack with contagion. <BR><BR>At 26 I will be getting a new damage shield, after I have this will I even use spiritual shield? If I don't no bother in uodating it. <BR><BR><BR>I don't think we get another disease Dot until 39 and its AOE, so I may still have use for Contagion throughout the characters life. <BR><BR>Any reccomendations? <BR><BR></DIV><p>Message Edited by lochness on <span class=date_text>12-20-2004</span> <span class=time_text>03:17 PM</span>

Melamp
12-21-2004, 03:23 AM
<DIV>Miasma at 28 i think...alot better than contagion</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you solo alot go with your damage spells....if you grp more the hp will benefit everyone...even if it's only 10hp gain that's 60 as a grp</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Titus</DIV>

Shadow Myst
12-21-2004, 04:12 AM
<DIV>Ugrade your spectral ward to adept3.</DIV>

lochne
12-21-2004, 04:25 AM
<DIV>Ya I didn't see Dark Miasma...It almos seem not even worth it to upgrade spells below 26th.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>At 24 we get a new slow..so will I ever use my old one?</DIV> <DIV>At 25 I get two  new heals..no need to uograde old one</DIV> <DIV>At 26 I get  a new Ward..seems liek a waste to uograde old one</DIV> <DIV>At 27 new hate reducer...</DIV> <DIV>At 28 new disease dot</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I am sure leveling will slow down in the 30s & 40s so I will be at those levels a lot longer but maybe I should make a spell and sell it for some $$ rather than upgrade my own spell when I am going to get an auto upgrade in a couple of levels</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Doa
12-21-2004, 04:27 AM
<DIV>I would upgrade your Ward spell. I just got my new 26 ward and while good I use both in a lot of group situations. They are low mana and adept 1 spec ward is rare there is a big jump from app 3 to adept 3.</DIV>

Kalam
12-21-2004, 06:25 AM
<DIV>I'd go with Ancestral Ward instead of Spectral Ward personally if you can find a Sage that can make it.  Ancestral Ward will take you through alot more future levels than Spectral Ward will, and if you're going to burn a rare stone I'd look ahead a bit.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>EDIT - Erp this assumes the stone you have can make Ancestral Ward.  Otherwise I'd go with Spectral Ward likethe others have said.  Unfortunately I really don't know much about crafting heh.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV><p>Message Edited by Kalamos on <span class=date_text>12-20-2004</span> <span class=time_text>05:26 PM</span>

disru
12-21-2004, 07:16 AM
coral can make lvl 10-19 spell adept 3's

Leji
12-21-2004, 11:06 AM
<DIV>Spiritual Ward, it's not even a competition.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>When i upgraded mine from App3 to Ad3, it moved from 404hp to 550ish. Definitly a good upgrade there.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also, Spiritual and Ancestral can be stacked (their stacking is kind of funny, but still), plus, the ability to cast two wards without suffering from a recast is nice too. All in all, that's an Adept3 that will last you up to your 3rd ward, which you will get at lvl 41.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>No other lvl 10-19 Adept3 spell will last you for so long while giving you that much utility.</DIV>