PDA

View Full Version : Do Class and sub class wards stack?

Xsta
12-18-2004, 10:03 AM
<DIV>Coming here from the Warden world. Just want confirmation that you class and sub class (single target) wards stack and that the benefit is received from both. The lastest patch notes state Clerics will be able to stack their reactives. If both are true, Wardens/Furies are left out as we cannot stack HoT's. Our appear to stack, but the higher level one overwrites the lower one so only 1 HoT works.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is not a flame - just trying to understand where SoE is going with this. I would think the stacking should be consistent across all healing classes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

vewde
12-18-2004, 10:46 AM
<DIV><FONT size=2>I'm just going to cut and paste my response to the same question a few threads down cuz I'm lazy: :smileytongue:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV> <DIV><EM>"Yes the wards stack.  The higher level ward always takes precedence.  If your tank takes a big wack for example, it will kill the higher level ward and he will take whatever damage was not absorbed by that ward/hit only.  Then the lower level ward kicks in.  Use this to your advantage and wards don't seem nearly as [Removed for Content] anymore.  They are cheap to cast and it gets around the refresh timer.  Hope that helps."</EM></DIV> <DIV><EM></EM> </DIV> <DIV>Basically they stack, but do not overlap.  The tank can still take damage from what the first ward didn't absorb before the other becomes effective.  They will not split the damage between the two wards from a single hit in other words.  Not a big deal really since the leftover damage is usually pretty trivial.  I'm not sure I follow the reasoning for letting cleric RH's stack since they didn't seem to have a problem before.  We actually needed to be able to stack wards just to keep the tank alive because one ward on challenging content was pretty useless.  Not impossible, but we surely had to work harder at it.  heh</DIV> <DIV><EM></EM> </DIV> <DIV> <DIV><EM>Bocephus</EM></DIV> <DIV><EM>29 Mystic</EM></DIV> <DIV><EM>Unrest Server</EM></DIV> <DIV> </DIV></DIV></DIV>

Xsta
12-18-2004, 05:55 PM
<DIV>We are no different - 1 HoT at 118/tick does little against 300hp hits. The arguements cariies to all healers - if they need to stack their subclass defining heal method to be effective, it should apply to all classes.</DIV>

vewde
12-18-2004, 06:49 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>Well I think that's highly debateable.  I look at this forum and I look at the other class forums and there is no comparison.  Now you could say that shamans are just more vocal about a percieved problem, or you could be realistic and say there is a bigger issue with the shaman's ward.  It seems to me that clerics were the class that least needed to stack thier abilities.  Guess what tho, my opinion doesn't matter cuz I'm not a cleric or a druid.  My point here is that you can't argue that just because another class got something that your class should as well.  You have to back it up with something substantial and using ALL factors involved.  That's why we have different classes is so we can be (gasp) different.  There is more to being an effective healer than just one spell.</FONT></DIV>