PDA

View Full Version : Armor quest INT instead of WIZ ?!?!?

Grumb
12-17-2004, 07:39 PM
<DIV>Why on earth, is there INT in shm armor from armor quests, instead of WISDOM ??</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I dont have any use of INT, from my knowledge, but could use some WIZ to make som power,</DIV> <DIV>for my spells....</DIV>

joshie
12-17-2004, 10:30 PM
<DIV>There are only five stats in the game.  If you haven't noticed, pretty much every piece of armor has the same stat gain based on its slot.  Robes, leather, chain, and plate chest pieces will always be +STR and +AGI, save for a few oddball pieces (Liandrin's Oracle Robe has +INT instead of +AGI).</DIV>

Kalam
12-17-2004, 11:02 PM
<DIV>Well it seems Int effects the amount of damage our DoTs and DDs do.  So it's not a complete waste having +Int on our quest armor.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Banditman
12-17-2004, 11:40 PM
<DIV>Devs stated in beta that this is not the case.  The poster you are referring to for your information is incorrect.</DIV>

Kalam
12-18-2004, 12:12 AM
<DIV>Hmmm ... I think I'm gonna run some tests myself.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Mystiq
12-18-2004, 01:14 AM
<DIV>Quoting and slightly paraphrasing from the handbook that came with your game...</DIV> <DIV>"Intelligence represents your character's powers of reasoning and overall intellect. <FONT color=#cc0000>It can influence magic use, affecting magic damage</FONT>. For Mages and Bards, it also affects Power."</DIV> <DIV>And...</DIV> <DIV>"Wisdome is a measure of your character's spiritual strength and willpower. <FONT color=#cc0000>It can affect your character's ability to avoid magical attacks and his or her accuracy with magical attacks against opponents</FONT>. For Priests and Crusaders, it also affects Power."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So what this means is that int seems to affect your spell damage, and wis affects your accuracy with casting nukes and your ability to resist them. Just like many spells and abilities in this game, all stats have more than one purpose and effect to them. They are all important to your character, and should not be overlooked.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Regards,</DIV>

Whache
12-18-2004, 01:20 AM
<DIV>Elora, if you read the last part of your post you will see this sentance.</DIV> <DIV>"For Priests and Crusaders, it also affects Power."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>so shouldnt wisdom effect a Mystics ability to do damage in the fact that more power = more casts= more damage?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Mystiq
12-18-2004, 01:28 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Whache wrote:<BR> <DIV>Elora, if you read the last part of your post you will see this sentance.</DIV> <DIV>"For Priests and Crusaders, it also affects Power."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>so shouldnt wisdom effect a Mystics ability to do damage in the fact that more power = more casts= more damage?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>Well, technically yes. Obviously more power = more spells cast which in turn leads to more damage if damage spells is what you are casting. But Int. affects the damage of the spell itself, thereby making Int. and Wis. both smart to raise, though Wis. should always be higher for the power it provides.</P> <P>Regards,</P>