PDA

View Full Version : What player crafted or store bought food/drink do you use?

Kalam
12-16-2004, 10:02 PM
<DIV>Now that I'm pushing level 30, I'm finding that our good ole summoned food/drink just isn't cutting it for regen anymore, particularly when I'm the only healer in a group.  I'm more interested in drinks, as of course power regen is more important to us than HP regen.  So I was wondering what drink some of you buy and how much it costs.  A Tank in my Varsoon group last night gave me a couple nice drinks (I can't remember the name atm) and each shot lasted over an hour and had a very noticeable difference in regen.  He said they go for 8sp a pop though which is pretty steep.  I'm not sure I want to pay 8sp an hour on drink, so maybe something decent that's cheaper is available.  Then again, 8sp an hour is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  That's one crafting book drop sold to a vendor per hour.  It sure would be nice if food and drink actually told you what the regen bonus is.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyways, any suggestions you guys have from experience would be appreciated by this thirsty Mystic.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Hadji
12-16-2004, 10:11 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>2 sp - Refreshing antonican coffee</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>2 sp - Refreshing creamed antonican coffee</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>2 sp - Refreshing cinnamon fizzlepop</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>2 sp - Refreshing dwarven stout</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Pretty much any 'refreshing' drink that is 2sp I have been using.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Frellya</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>28 Mystic</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Neriak</FONT></DIV>

Quilli
12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
<DIV>Great question.  I don't know what to use because crafters on my server charge so much that I don't want to buy from them until I know the effects.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I wish we could upgrade summon food and water... that would be very nice.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>P.S.  when I say they charge a lot I mean like 70s to over a gold for some.</DIV>

Kalam
12-16-2004, 11:46 PM
<DIV>Well I found this post which is a great resource:  <A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=a3&message.id=409" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=a3&message.id=409</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also, a developer mentioned that the exact regen benefits of food and drink will listed on items likely in today's game update.  Wewt!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Banditman
12-17-2004, 12:49 AM
<DIV>That update has been pushed back to tomorrow or next week.  Much to my great disappointment.</DIV>

Tinybe
12-17-2004, 12:55 AM
<DIV>In my view, crafted drink especially is extremely useful.  Refreshing antonican coffee and its equivalents (or Fayberry Tea or better, for higher levels) is the KEI of Everquest 2!  Everquest Live veterans, think about what you used to pay for KEI, and think of coffee as a convenient KEI potion--a bargain at any price!  In a group, it is quite obvious who is and is not drinking player-crafted drink by watching power bars in between encounters.  Give the player whose power is not regenerating a cup of your Refreshing Antonican Coffee and watch your group's downtime diminish appreciably!</DIV>

Karla
12-17-2004, 02:06 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kalamos wrote:<BR> <DIV>Now that I'm pushing level 30, I'm finding that our good ole summoned food/drink just isn't cutting it for regen anymore, particularly when I'm the only healer in a group.  I'm more interested in drinks, as of course power regen is more important to us than HP regen.  So I was wondering what drink some of you buy and how much it costs.  A Tank in my Varsoon group last night gave me a couple nice drinks (I can't remember the name atm) and each shot lasted over an hour and had a very noticeable difference in regen.  He said they go for 8sp a pop though which is pretty steep.  I'm not sure I want to pay 8sp an hour on drink, so maybe something decent that's cheaper is available.  Then again, 8sp an hour is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  That's one crafting book drop sold to a vendor per hour.  It sure would be nice if food and drink actually told you what the regen bonus is.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyways, any suggestions you guys have from experience would be appreciated by this thirsty Mystic.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I still use my own.

Banditman
12-17-2004, 02:10 AM
<DIV>Tier 1 crafted drink = +12 power / tick</DIV> <DIV>Tier 2 crafted drink = +24 power / tick</DIV> <DIV>Tier 3 crafted drink = +36 power / tick</DIV> <DIV>No one has numbers on Tier 4 yet, but I think we can see where it's going.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Summoned = +6 power / tick</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Bolr
12-17-2004, 05:09 AM
Notice what Banditman mentioned. Regen effects (that I've seen) go by tiers, not quality -- at least for 3rd and 4th quality items, it's tough to make a chilled drink currently.That is, Antonican coffee will give you the same regen as Refreshing Antonican coffee.(28 Mystic / 28 Provisioner here)

Banditman
12-17-2004, 08:46 PM
<DIV>Quality (crude, chilled, normal, refreshing) affect how LONG the food lasts.  I don't have the exact numbers in my head atm, but I believe refreshing lasts 90 minutes and it goes down from there.</DIV>

AnjelikaR
12-17-2004, 09:40 PM
<DIV>Of those 4 drinks mentioned, use the cinnamon fizzlepop as that is tier 3 and the others are tier 2.  If you're pushing 30, you'll get the best use out of mountain coffee, oolong tea, any type of fayberry drink, cinnamon fizzlepop, vox beer, and tequila to name a few.  Or if you're fortunate enough to find tier 4, look for ice coffee, green tea, or drinks containing apples or honey.</DIV>

Kalam
12-17-2004, 10:26 PM
<DIV>Awesome thanks for the feedback guys.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>