PDA

View Full Version : WHY???? WHY????

Mu
12-14-2004, 10:15 PM
<DIV>Why is the EQ2 shaman so gimped? My god , the spells suck (refers to spells 1-50). I played shaman on EQ1 for 4 years, its the class I enjoy playing, and so I choose it in EQ2, but I cant believe how gimped it is. No pets. No levitate. No root. No invis. No Ice strikes. Heh, was so much lore lost in the years between EQ1 and EQ2? And whats with the STUPID 3 different enduring breath spells? Eeegads, In eq1 at the upper level of the game most peeps had enduring breath items of their own and already peeps are questing them out the **mods 4 teh win!!1!** in this game. Gah I hope they revamp the spells or add key spells in soon. Muhh </DIV> <DIV><vent off></DIV> <DIV>ps. never played a eq1 sham, then you dont know what yer missin.</DIV>

Karla
12-14-2004, 10:55 PM
<BR><BR> Very True.  Compared to eq1 shamans here are fodder.

dax
12-15-2004, 12:35 AM
A1 Post !The heck with endure breathing ! Our spell suck, big time.I'm 24 and if I look at the spell listing 25 to 50, I tend to stop playing my toon.Good, Mystic need a remake.

Peri
12-15-2004, 12:42 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Karlace wrote:<BR> <BR><BR> Very True.  Compared to eq1 shamans here are fodder.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>what was that signature I have seen?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>"This is not EQ1, this is not EQ1..."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>really, why does everyone feel they need to judge classes from one game based on classes from another?</DIV>

Banditman
12-15-2004, 01:53 AM
<DIV>Not to mention that the original poster is just dead freakin' WRONG about EQLive Shaman compared to EQ2 Shaman.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>EQLive Shaman are not healers in the high end.  They have one trick - Slow.  That's their job.  They are a MARGINAL backup healer.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Compared to EQLive?  Good god, Shaman in EQ2 freakin' ROCK.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Deep breaths.  Repeat after me . . . "It's a different game . . . it's a different game . . . "</DIV>

blue mean
12-15-2004, 01:53 AM
<DIV>in response to periak<BR></DIV> <DIV>so what your saying is shamans have gotten dumber over time. </DIV> <DIV>ive never played eq1, im new to EQ2. i feel your post is uneducated and irrelivant </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If the commont was regarding interface etc then fair enough but EQ2 is the same timeline as EQ1, if shaman's were more powerfull in EQ1 shouldn't they be just as powerful in the same timeline (EQ2)? </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The way SOE have portraid shaman's is that they have gotten dumber and amphibious. </DIV><p>Message Edited by blue meanie on <span class=date_text>12-14-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:54 PM</span>

Banditman
12-15-2004, 02:04 AM
<DIV>If you never played EQ Live you have no point of reference from which to compare.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In fact, EQ2 Shaman hold significantly more power to heal (read:  perform their primary function) than their EQLive bretheren.</DIV>

IsaacMorningst
12-15-2004, 02:07 AM
<blockquote><hr>blue meanie wrote:<DIV>in response to periak</DIV><DIV>If the commont was regarding interface etc then fair enough but EQ2 is the same timeline as EQ1, if shaman's were more powerfull in EQ1 shouldn't they be just as powerful in the same timeline (EQ2)? </DIV><hr></blockquote>Doesn't EQ2 take place 500 years after EQ1?

Peri
12-15-2004, 02:08 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> blue meanie wrote:<BR> <DIV>in response to periak<BR></DIV> <DIV>so what your saying is shamans have gotten dumber over time. </DIV> <DIV>ive never played eq1, im new to EQ2. i feel your post is uneducated and irrelivant </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If the commont was regarding interface etc then fair enough but EQ2 is the same timeline as EQ1, if shaman's were more powerfull in EQ1 shouldn't they be just as powerful in the same timeline (EQ2)? </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The way SOE have portraid shaman's is that they have gotten dumber and amphibious. </DIV> <P>Message Edited by blue meanie on <SPAN class=date_text>12-14-2004</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>12:54 PM</SPAN><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>no, what I <STRONG>am</STRONG> saying is that I feel judging the merits of shaman in EQ2 based on their merits from EQ1 is unnecessary.  What they were then does not make them what they are now.  I am not up to speed on EQ lore really (having never played the first one either), but from what I gather, catalysmic events have occured, changing the nature of the world and its inhabitants.  So, in my mind, there is no reason to make the assumption that shaman would have stayed the same at all.  </P> <P>What is most irksome is that because of this assumption, people want a class to be something it wasn't designed to be in this game.  But, they play it anyway, and come away unhappy when it's not what they want, even when it was never supposed to be that.  From this, broad sweeping comments are made about the usefulness / fun of playing a class, which are generally uninformed and unfounded.</P>

yurix
12-15-2004, 03:13 AM
I must agree. After playing a shaman in EQ1, it is very disaapointing playing one now. Everything that made a shaman a shaman in EQ1 is gone, except for slows.. Cannibolize- GONE Rain Spells- GONE Root- GONE PET- GONE Malo- GONE. When I first started playing shaman in EQ2 I thought it was cool that we had more of a healing role in groups, but after passing level 25 wards have become completely useless. And group wards, LAUgh. Our group heals are much more efficient seeing how wards in general block unmitigated damage. But this brings me to a whole different point about EQ2.... It seems like EVERY class is just a watered down version of their EQ1 counterpart. Except for the melee classes that did nothing but Fight/Taunt/Special, kinda hard to water that down..

Nata
12-15-2004, 03:20 AM
<DIV>I'd condisder this argument if you're comparing a lvl 50 EQ2 sham to a lvl 50 EQ1 Classic (pre Kunark) Shaman. I personally don't want too much too soon. I'm sure with expansions all classes will grow and grow etc.</DIV>

Tamq
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
I too have played nothing else than a Shaman in EQlive (from Kunark release till 2003). I never wanted to play anything else from day one.Now I chose to play a Shaman / Mystic again.While it is true that they are very different, I dont think they are gimped.Enduring Breath spells you say ? I dont mind the Water Spirit AT ALL.. it doesnt only give EB..it also gives a small bonus to your defensives at NO concentration cost. I dinged 24 last night and got the new Cold Dot.. now I am harvesting like a mad woman in TS to get a Palladium for the Adept 3 version of it. My hubby (warden) and me duo white group ^^ mobs and have a blast with it. You feel gimped ? Time to think over.. its a different class, its a different game.. Use what you have now and stop looking back at things that no longer exist here.

zaneluke
12-15-2004, 05:07 PM
<DIV>Just last night i joined a group in crypt of betrayl.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>There was a templar in the group. And we were moving through mobs pretty fast. Very little downtime. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>One of the tanks made a comment. " This is going better thsi time, what the hell is different?"</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The templar pointed at me. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Yes some of the spells can be changed up a bit. Do i have trouble finding and keeping a group? No. After people group with me do they want to add me to friends lists? Yes. Can I solo things 3 levels above me and still have power and health left? Yes. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>What was the complaint again?</DIV>

Banditman
12-15-2004, 06:58 PM
<DIV>There was no complaint, just a lot of whining.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>While there are probably some things about EQ2 Shaman that need to be changed, when compared to their EQLive counterparts . . . well, there is no comparison.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyone who says differently didn't play through PoP endgame and GoD with a Shaman.</DIV>

FelixDomesticus
12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Actually Eq2 shaman is much better than in eq1, but still not at same level as other healers.

Kalam
12-15-2004, 10:03 PM
<DIV>Guys why does different = gimped?  Using your comparison, a case could be made that ALL EQ2 classes are gimped.  What happened to Bards?  Why can't Clerics Complete Heal?  Why don't Paladin's get root?  Why don't Druids get snare?  See where I'm going with this?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Shaman are far from gimped in EQ2.  You have to compare the abilities of the class within the game itself, not across other games.  EQ2 is a very different game than EQ1, except for similar zone names and some lore that was passed on.  Shaman are pure healers in EQ2, and they do the job as good as the other healer classes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Banditman
12-15-2004, 11:47 PM
<DIV>Amen.</DIV>

Kainst
12-16-2004, 12:51 AM
<p>Message Edited by Kainstar on <span class=date_text>12-15-2004</span> <span class=time_text>11:55 AM</span>

CrazyMi
12-16-2004, 01:48 AM
<DIV>I guess if you can't manage not to compare EQ1 Shaman to EQ2 Shaman we can probably see where the problem lies. These people are most likely trying to play like they did in EQ1 and are failing. Like a lot of people in this forum I have no problem finding a group and gets tells the minute I log in. Why? Because I've taken the time to learn how a Shaman works in THIS game and it shows in my playstyle. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>For those complaining ask yourselves.. have you done ALL you can do to learn your class? </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>CrazyMike</DIV>

Banditman
12-16-2004, 02:07 AM
<DIV>They are also comparing L65 Shaman in EQLive to L20ish Shaman in EQ2.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>When you compare L20 EQLive Shaman to L20 EQ2 Shaman I think you find very quickly that the EQ2 Shaman is, within the framework of his game, the more powerful character.</DIV>