PDA

View Full Version : Auspice

Neddy_The_Mage
12-14-2004, 10:11 PM
<DIV> <P>I was wondering do many other mystics use this spell much? I have found that most of the time I tend not to use it because it takes 2 concentration slots and it is single target only, </P> <P>At 25 I normally have the following buffs on Spiritual Seal, Spirit of the Bull, Spirit of the Badger & Ursine Elder. I normally use my last slot to cast Courage to get the blessed weapon proc. </P> <P>If I want to use Auspice I have to cancel 2 spells. So i tend to cancel Courage and Spirit of the Badger. The benefit of this is one person gains a about 100 health and 50power, but at the same time everyone in the group looses about 40-50 health (depending on their class) and all fighter types also loose some power (I'm in work so might have gotten these figures wrong, I'll have to check when am at home). Which as can be seen the benefit does not really make the loss worth while.</P> <P>I think most people would a agree that a single target buff should give more benefit than a group buff, which this spell does but is it worth 2 concentration slots? I would be interested to hear other people opinions of this spell.</P> <P>Koradin</P></DIV>

Harvyst
12-15-2004, 05:11 AM
I use it if there is another priest in the group who has a concentration spot free for courage. Then I drop ursine elder and auspice the MT.But generally, if there isn't another priest, I don't cast it.

Apathet
12-15-2004, 06:47 AM
The only time I use this spell is when soloing. Other then that its a waste.

Tamq
12-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I only use it when soloing on myself. In groups I hit the tank with it.P.S. You do NOT need Courage for the Blessed Weapon Proc. I get it all the time with NO courage running. I dont use Courage when I am soloing.

BigDa
12-15-2004, 05:53 PM
<DIV>I only use it if another healer frees up my concentration.  Guess I will start to use it more now some of my buffs are going grey...</DIV>

Somanta
12-15-2004, 07:52 PM
<DIV>I only use auspice when I have another healer in group or when im soloing. But the extra power can save a critical situation, its very situational.</DIV>

Ghartan
12-15-2004, 10:24 PM
<DIV>As the others mentioned I use it when soloing or when another healer in the group has freed up some concentration slots.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ghartan</DIV>

ErylFly
12-16-2004, 08:50 AM
<DIV>So what I am hearing is that so many mystics choose to not give a HP and power power buff to their tank, and instead give the group a resist buff and buff themselves with an AC and HP buff.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>When I group the buffs I use are Bull, Badger, Auspice the tank, and Courage.  Ursine is worthless, as I shouldn't be getting hit.  It is a waste in a group.  As for spiritual seal, when most of the damage is coming from physical hits and you have a buff to give why are you using it?  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I just don't get why you are grouping and buffing your own HP and ignoring the tanks.</DIV>

Mystiq
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
<DIV>I have never used this spell or its upgrade except to test how many hp and power it gives the tank for informational purposes. For one, the buff takes up 2 conc slots, whereas the Warden's and Templar's comparable "uberbuff" takes only 1 conc slot, which is BS. Second, because of reason 1 you have to give up two buffs to maintain this buff on your tank, unless you don't maintain all possible buffs all the time. Due to the these facts and that a good tank doesn't really need this buff most of the time, I'd rather let everyone in the group have the hp/power/ac/stats of all the buffs I can maintain.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And btw the Ursine line is anything but useless, as it is not merely a hp buff. If you are not using this buff whenever you can, you are only hurting yourself, as your whole group stands to benefit from as much power as you can have. And if your tanks are sub-par enough to warrant using Auspice all the time, you'd better have as many hp and power as you can heh. Ursine is not one I'd recommend leaving off unless it's a preference.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Regards,</DIV>

Apathet
12-16-2004, 11:06 PM
<blockquote><hr>ErylFlynn wrote:<DIV>So what I am hearing is that so many mystics choose to not give a HP and power power buff to their tank, and instead give the group a resist buff and buff themselves with an AC and HP buff.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>When I group the buffs I use are Bull, Badger, Auspice the tank, and Courage. Ursine is worthless, as I shouldn't be getting hit. It is a waste in a group. As for spiritual seal, when most of the damage is coming from physical hits and you have a buff to give why are you using it? </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>I just don't get why you are grouping and buffing your own HP and ignoring the tanks.</DIV><hr></blockquote>First off, Courage adds about 50% of what Auspice adds but for the entire group. A healers job is more then just keeping the tank alive it is also keeping the mages alive and him/herself alive. If a tank NEEDS my Auspice buff to keep tanking then he is not who I want to tank with. I will cancel a few buffs occasionally to give the tank Auspice if we are going up against a particularly hard mob (read ^^^).Ursine gives no jut HP and AC it also gives a nice bump in power. I don't know about you Flynn, but as a shaman I can use all the power I can get... between ward/debuff/DoT/heal the more power I have the better. Maybe you are a one trick pony Mystic and only ward/heal but if thats the case then you obviously are not maximizing your potential.

Karla
12-17-2004, 02:09 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE> </BLOCKQUOTE>I never get the blessed weapon proc unless i have courage on.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

ErylFly
12-18-2004, 07:16 AM
<DIV>I will check it again, but I never saw a power increase on ursine.  And for the record I rarely if ever run out of power.  I use player made drink, and manage my spells well.  It is a rough fight for me to be out of power and those are few and far between.  Usually find the tank low on power not me, so a choice in who to buff power I would vote tank.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But none of you comment on these people forsaking useful buffs for a little resist buff when a minor part of damage is spells.</DIV>