PDA

View Full Version : Blessed weapon

Lalr
12-14-2004, 08:59 PM
<DIV>I noticed something the other day when I was soloing that I don't think I had seen before. I was soloing a blue earth burrower, just DoTing and meleeing, just goofing off, and I saw a weapon proc. It said "Your Blessed Weapon hit a earth burrower for 31 damage." I normally hit for the 5-9 range so I was a little suprised. I have no buff for a weapon proc. I am level 18, all I had up was courage, auspice, spirit of the bull, and spiritual seal. None of those list a special attack or proc.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But wait, it gets even stranger.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I upgraded my contagion to app3. Went out just past the lighthouse to test it out on grey rats. Just wanted to see how much of an increase it was. I cast the DoT on the rat and just sat there counting the ticks. I was NOT meleeing. Then all of a sudden I swung at the rat and got the blessed weapon hit for 31 damage. I was not in melee. After that I tested this on many greys with different weapons. Its not constent, I got it to go off about once per 3 fights. I even sat there with one grey beating on me for about 10 minutes, well, he wasn't actually hitting me, but the proc still went off once with me doing nothing except the little dodging thing we do when attacked by low level stuff.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyone tell me what this is?</DIV>

Lalr
12-14-2004, 09:22 PM
<DIV>Didn't realize search only searched the specific forum you are in. :smileyvery-happy: I found my answer searching the priest forum. Its the courage buff. I don't know why I never noticed this proc before.</DIV>

Neddy_The_Mage
12-14-2004, 09:32 PM
<DIV> <DIV>Blessed weapon appears to be a proc that all we get while we have the Courage buff on. The proc appears to scale up I'm not sure if it is based on the mob your fighting or your level, at lvl 25 the highest proc i have seen is in the mid 50's while fighting even con mobs (i've not attacked any greys yet to see if it is the same). </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Other priest also get this proc. A friend of mine plays a druid and got the proc while he had Courage, when he stopped using Courage and start using one of his upgraded spells he still has the proc go off every so often. I'm not sure if I am unlucky but i have only ever seen this proc while using Courage, as best I can tell none of our upgrade spells add the blessed weapon proc.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I would love it if one of our upgraded spells gave the same proc that way i could stop using Courage and start using Auspice for the extra health/power, but at the moment the proc going off a few times in a fight makes a lot more of a difference than the extra health/power Auspice gives.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Koradin</DIV></DIV>

Tubbe
12-15-2004, 04:00 AM
<DIV>I'm sorry but that is just plain wrong. I never use courage and I get this maybe once a battle on higher level mobs, more often on lower level ones. I use Bear form, Auspice, Spirit of Bull, Spirit of Beaver. I guarantee I do not have courage on and I have gotten this proc off.</DIV>

Neddy_The_Mage
12-15-2004, 02:52 PM
<DIV>I guess random numbers don't like me then, like when i went 5 days with out winning a single random, not even on junk loot. That is good news indeed, means i can use Auspice and get still get the proc. Tubbers do you have any idea which upgrade gives you the proc?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Koradin</DIV>

Tamq
12-15-2004, 03:25 PM
I get blessed weapon fairly often..while solo and no courage running. Nice combine with my Bear Maul.

BigDa
12-15-2004, 05:54 PM
<DIV>I definitely do remember seeing this in the description of one of my spells hehe can't remember which!  I get the effect regularly though</DIV>

Wandat
12-15-2004, 06:42 PM
<DIV>I haven't tested it but I have a feeling Spirit of the Badger is what is giving the weapon proc for those not using Courage.  If I remember correctly Badger buffs the same stats as Courage except for STR and is essentially the upgrade to Courage.</DIV>

Lalr
12-16-2004, 12:37 AM
<DIV>I'm going to test this tonight by removing all my buffs and picking on some greys. The one thing I found most odd was the fact I wasn't attacking. But I would swing just one time when the blessed weapon went off. It seems to be triggered by a mob hitting you (or trying to) and not triggerd by you attacking.</DIV>

Wandat
12-16-2004, 12:42 AM
<DIV>Believe it or not we can riposte.  I was trying to test a Ward on a grey con mob one day.  I hit it once it begin the encounter then turned off attack.  I just stood there letting it hit me.  I eventually killed the mob (thorny lizard or whatever they are by the oracle tower) by doing nothing else but ripostes.  Granted it took several minutes to do so but I thought it was funny all the same.</DIV>

Jeah
12-16-2004, 03:19 AM
<DIV>From my experiences, I always figured the Blessed Weapon special hit came from the Inspiring Piety buff we get from the HO....everytime it has proc'd I've noticed that I have the Inspiring Piety buff on.  Could be coincidence, but I've seen consistent results for so many levels, I assumed this was the reason for the Blessed weapon proc.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>/shrug  my 2¢</DIV>

BigDa
12-16-2004, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Jeah wrote:<BR> <DIV>From my experiences, I always figured the Blessed Weapon special hit came from the Inspiring Piety buff we get from the HO....everytime it has proc'd I've noticed that I have the Inspiring Piety buff on.  Could be coincidence, but I've seen consistent results for so many levels, I assumed this was the reason for the Blessed weapon proc.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>/shrug  my 2¢</DIV> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Ah, yeah, that's a possibility.  I do use HOs lots, so I usually end up with this running - would explain why I get the effect often, but can't tie it to one of my skills - must check this later!</DIV>

Wandat
12-16-2004, 06:41 PM
<DIV>I tested Spirit of the Badger last night without Courage and it also allows for the chance of the Blessed Weapon proc.</DIV>

Quilli
12-16-2004, 10:51 PM
<DIV>I thought blessed was a proc that you got when you did a HO that then went off.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Run a test with doing HO everytime then run without.  See if there is any difference.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Would love to know the answer myself.</DIV>

Wandat
12-17-2004, 12:18 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Quilliam wrote:<BR> <DIV>I thought blessed was a proc that you got when you did a HO that then went off.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Run a test with doing HO everytime then run without.  See if there is any difference.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Would love to know the answer myself.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> I did that last night when I tested whether or not Badger proc'd.  I fought the Oakmyst Bears doing melee damage only without casting any spells at all and Blessed Weapon proc'd multiple times during a fight.<p>Message Edited by Wandatin on <span class=date_text>12-16-2004</span> <span class=time_text>11:19 AM</span>

Anrath
12-17-2004, 05:52 AM
<DIV>Im interested in finding out about this as well. For some reason I was thinking that it was weapon related, since I dont recall having any proc's before recieving the spear you gain at lvl 20. Has anyone tested this with some cheap hammer or perhaps bare-fisted?</DIV>

Llenne
12-17-2004, 09:23 AM
<DIV>I've always assumed our class got this ability because we are priests, ergo, blessed.  Either way, I have this proc a LOT, all the time.  I solo all the time, usually green group mobs or whatever I can find flagged solo, but it doesn't seem to matter.  I'd bet I have this go off 3-5 times per solo battle and that's not an exageration.  Yes I have Courgage up and, yes, I use HO's a lot, but even when I'm fighting grey's for quests, this will go off when not using HO's.  Like I said before, I think it's an ability inate to our class.  Just my opinion.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>19 mystic</DIV>

Muad`D
12-17-2004, 11:01 AM
<DIV>This is a proc buff that I think is somehow innate to priest classes. I haven't used courage as a buff in ages and at lvl 25 i get the blessed weapon proc quite often.  I use Skullcrusher as my weapon, so it isn't dependant on the weapon you use (as i got it w/ the spear as well) and it also doesn't depend on doing HO's since i get them at the same frequency whether using HO's and soloing or in groups where we are not using HO's.  I also don't think spirit of the badger is the answer either, because although i haven't specifically tested it, I am quite sure that I have gotten the Blessed Weapon proc when i didn't have any buffs on at all. I will do some more tests later when i have a chance to play, but this has been my experience thus far. (I also don't have any friends who are playing priest classes so I cannot comment on whether other priests get the same proc).</DIV>

BigDa
12-17-2004, 02:13 PM
<DIV>Couldn't link this effect to ANYTHING last night hehe.  One thing I didn't test was using a different weapon.  Gonna check the description for my spear later...</DIV>