PDA

View Full Version : Why Wards Should Absorb Damage AFTER Mitigation!

Tubbe
12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
<DIV>Point One: All the other healers heals allow the tanks Armor to actaully matter.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Point Two: You're making a tanks armor absolutely USELESS. What if someone buys brand new armor with HUGE AC and spends a good 10-50 gold on it? You are making that persons armor a complete waste.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Point Three: It makes the Shamans heals less effective as player level up, sure at level 10 its all fine and dandy, level 20? Its doable, Level 30? 40? Thats when it gets hard. As it is right now, My wards last either 1 second or 10 seconds. Out of a total 36 seconds, I dont think its that good. A druids heal can last just as long, heal out of battle, and actaully make a tanks health go UP while they're being smacked. What use are spells which increase AC if our heals negate that effect completely? Endgame shamans may find their main heals completely useless.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I urge you devs to rethink this idea, if you need to take away some of the HP to balance it out, so be it, but as it is Shamans are either extremely overpowered at lower levels, or very underpowered at higher levels. Unless you make the damage absorbed by wards increase by about 100 pts per level and then scale it more at higher levels Shamans will be as gimped healers as they were in EQLive, and you claim you're fixing this perception?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Then there is the part about Wards Replenish HP with leftover DMG absorbtion. No they don't. They may have before, but they don't now. The whole reason I chose a Mystic was because of the Bear Form! But the wards looked like extremely effective heals which looked balanced and fair, meaning I could still heal as well as a Templar, for instance, and be a BEAR! Now I find myself a bare healer, less effective and less wanted than other healers.</DIV>

joshie
12-13-2004, 11:45 PM
<DIV>At level 32, I have no problem as the sole healer in my group.  Keening Haze + Delusion + Ward + an enchanter = decimate level 39-40 group encounters.</DIV>

Peri
12-13-2004, 11:53 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> joshie wrote:<BR> <DIV>At level 32, I have no problem as the sole healer in my group.  Keening Haze + Delusion + Ward + an enchanter = decimate level 39-40 group encounters.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>At level 31, I don't either... IF</P> <P>1) my debuffs land</P> <P>2) we're fighting encounters with less than 3 mobs</P> <P>3) my debuffs land</P> <P> </P> <P>right now, in my opinion, debuffs get resisted too frequently.  With their long recast time, it is unreliable to be able to depend on debuffs as part of your healing scheme.  Either they get resisted or you end up in encounters with enough mobs that debuffing them 1 at a time becomes a tad tedious.</P>

Neothe
12-14-2004, 12:07 AM
I would agree, debuffs are the most effective with our wards. I have found that you can cycle through debuffs enough so that if one is resisted another wont and allow you to toss it on in a few seconds. The main problem I have is after I get all my debuffs on the necro then summons his rats that get rid of all my debuffs on the mob. I am not sure if any of you guys have this problem but this is really causing me troubles.

Banditman
12-14-2004, 12:10 AM
<DIV>Since Necro's are evil, and Mystics are good, most Mystics have no freakin' clue what you are talkin' about.  Count me among that crowd.</DIV>

Peri
12-14-2004, 03:12 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Neothe wrote:<BR>I would agree, debuffs are the most effective with our wards. I have found that you can cycle through debuffs enough so that if one is resisted another wont and allow you to toss it on in a few seconds. The main problem I have is after I get all my debuffs on the necro then summons his rats that get rid of all my debuffs on the mob. I am not sure if any of you guys have this problem but this is really causing me troubles.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>yep, I started a thread about this a week or so ago.  The Necro DoT spell that has the rat animation will cancel pretty much all debuffs and DoT's I cast on a target.  I have /bugged it.</DIV>