PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Group Ward!

Hadji
12-11-2004, 02:32 AM
<DIV><FONT size=2>I was in my first RoV group last night, 27 SK, 25 Berserker, 26 Wizard, 25 Necro, 29 Templar, 26 Mystic.  We were going after the casters there (the XX of Varsoon) and there AOE was very nasty.  I suggested the idea of using group ward prior to the pull of these mobs, recommending the MT to ask for it these pulls.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Sure enough, the group ward seemed to absorb most if not all the AoE's really making life easy for me and the Templar not trying to keep the wizard and necro up, so I could slow, weaken and DOT as needed.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Thank you for group wards!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Frellya</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>26 - Neriak</FONT></DIV>

Melamp
12-13-2004, 10:29 AM
<DIV>You sure your grp ward helped much against caster aoe damage?</DIV>

Katelei
12-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Yes, those Servant of Varsoon are very nasty. I had to use group ward, ae heals, and expunge elements (casts a nasty elemental spell). It came in very handy.

Katelei
12-13-2004, 10:51 PM
BTW wards help protect against DD's I noticed but not DoT's. If I'm wrong let me know, I've seen this happen when I solo caster mobs. Vice versa, when the mobs put ward on I noticed they absorb DD damage, but you can sneak your DoT's past the ward.

Hadji
12-16-2004, 09:05 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>To answer the question about the group ward helping against AoE's:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>With our group make-up, the Servants of Varsoon (thank you for the correct name Kateleira) within 10 seconds everyone except the warded MT had taken significant damage, the wizard and necro were at half health, and myself and the templar were at about 65-70%.  </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>With group ward, against the same encounter (later repop), the wizard, necro, templar and me received no damage.  So, whatever attack or ability the Servants of Varsoon were using, the group ward was absorbing it.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Frellya - 28</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Neriak</FONT></DIV>