PDA

View Full Version : got a coral, which spell to upgrade?

magik
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
i think there are only 4 possible spells worth the very rare coralspectral ward, ursine elder, contagion, or grey wind. (does ursine elder use a coral tho or something higher?)currently my spells are.spectral ward apprentice 3contagion adept 1grey wind adept 1ursine elder apprentice 3wailing haze adept 1healing ritual adept 1totemic aid apprentice 2that said i belive the best choice would be spectral ward ... however im already 23 and we get a new ward at 26, so would i be better using it on something else or would adept 3 spectal ward be equal or better than ancestral ward at apprentice 1the other spells that i consider candidates are already adept 1 and i hear that adept 3's are bugged and atm not actually better than adept 1's? any input would be much appreciated

Scrav
12-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Ursine Elder is Tier 3.I'd be more likely to look at Grey Wind as the others can be replaced soon unless you think you are likely to stack 2 DOTs at one time. I had the same problem myself recently, but I still haven't got around to finding a sage/scholar related tradeskiller yet.

magik
12-06-2004, 06:09 PM
yes but grey wind is already adept 1 and i had heard there was no real difference from adept 1 to adept 3 yet, note that i dont know that for a fact as none of my spells are yet adept 3, thats just what ive heard

Sens
12-07-2004, 12:49 AM
<DIV>I'd probably use it on contagion. Stacked DoT's are good. Grey Wind would be good also, but may be less useful as you continue to level and replace it for a more powerful DD.</DIV>

Fader Fizg
12-07-2004, 02:17 PM
<DIV>I got my spectral ward upgraded to adept 3, even tho I have ancestral ward also.</DIV> <DIV>The spectral ward sticks better at adept 3 than ancestral ward at app 2 (need palladium for upgrade).</DIV> <DIV>Also having two wards that are good is nice. No problems with recast time and stuff.</DIV> <DIV>I think I will be using spectral ward also for a long time even after I got ancestral ward to adept 3.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you are more a solo'er, you probably don't need the ward upgraded and better damage would be nicer, but if you are main healer a lot in teams</DIV> <DIV>that do red^^ mobs, the upgraded ward comes in very handy.</DIV>

Ko
12-07-2004, 04:25 PM
<DIV>What does the Coral do exactly? is it simply a piece of a recipe needed to Create the Adebt 3 version of the spell?</DIV>

Shadow Myst
12-08-2004, 12:40 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Koos wrote:<BR> <DIV>What does the Coral do exactly? is it simply a piece of a recipe needed to Create the Adebt 3 version of the spell?</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Yes the coral is used to make a Trionoid regent, which is used to make Suzuri Dye, which is used to make Suzuri Ink, which goes into the final combine for the spell.

magik
12-08-2004, 02:24 AM
i upgraded the spectral ward, hoping to get another coral or silver to upgrade the dot but dont know if ill find one before i give it up

Hag
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
<DIV>I am currently a lvl 23 shaman and lvl 20 sage with all of the advanced scholar books.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I found a coral and had a similar idea.  Upgrade gray wind.  Unfortunatly, some of the adept 3 version of spells are currently missing from the advanced scholar books and gray wind is one of them (unless it has been added in one of the patches this week).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Instead I upgraded contagion and it currently does around 30 per tick and I haven't regretted it.</DIV>