PDA

View Full Version : Bloodsaber Problem (not what you think)

strix
12-05-2004, 08:04 PM
So, after having done this phase of the halmark, every time I visit the down below or VS, these things spawn on top of me. I have hit 20, and completed the quest totally, but these things are now everywhere. They con blue and green group, and nothing I do seems to make them go away. Has anyone else had this problem? Help?

Tamq
12-05-2004, 09:27 PM
<DIV>Same for me.. I keep triggering them all the time now. Not that i mind the xp and the chests.. BUT I dont think this should be happening.</DIV> <DIV>Not sure if its already close to an exploit to kill them, get the xp and the chest loot as its obviously a bug. I kill them anyways because if I dont I would have to zone out each time I get agro.. and never get the other quests I have done.</DIV> <DIV>I bugged it this afternoon to make sure I am on the safe side.. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Nil
12-05-2004, 11:35 PM
<DIV>I have a lot of quests that are tied to location trigger even after quest is complete.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>ie.  Everytime I get close to waterfall in Oakmyst  I write down the perfect location for a pininic</DIV> <DIV>Everytime I get close to the big tree outside NQ I spawn the bandits.</DIV> <DIV>Evertime I pass certian intersections in VS or Down Below I trigger bloodsaber ambushes</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Theres probally others I just havent been watching too carefully.</DIV>

Quilli
12-06-2004, 01:33 AM
<DIV>I think they will only stop once you finish the entire quest.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Since they are trying to assinate you, it kind of makes since that they do not stop until you do what needs to be done to make them stop...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Or have you finished all parts?  (I might not understand what you are saying)</DIV>

strix
12-06-2004, 07:23 AM
All parts are Done. I'm 20. Its finished. You cant ding 20 until its done - so - kinda weird that they are still triggering.

Tamq
12-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Haha had to try out the tree last night and voila.. I spawn the bandits aswell.Yes the quests are completed and I have been rewarded ( seeing the fact that I am almost 22 now.. and the Adepts are part of my lvl 20 Class quest )They were green and blue in 19, same in 20.. and now the same in 21. Is their Con somehow linked to your actual level ? If so.. people might exploit this for an easy way to lvl with NO risk at all..plus they can get some nice loot (books, cash items) off this.

Aei
12-07-2004, 02:23 AM
I am now level 24, and I am also still triggering Bloodsaber ambushes in Vermin's Snye.They con grey to me now, but I am still getting them whenever I go down there. It's weird.

BigDa
12-07-2004, 09:40 PM
<DIV>I'm 24th and now I am getting ambushes in Down Below!  They are grey and they still attack me hehe</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It's gotts be a bug - I'm gonna /bug it next time I wander thru</DIV>

KindredHeart
12-07-2004, 10:10 PM
<DIV>It makes sense to me that they jump us.  Afterall as part of our hallmark quest we are sent there to stop them...and so we are their enemy.  I never considered it a bug, even in EQ1 there was race hatred.  It makes sense to me that since city writ quests are class faction based other aspects of the game would have class faction as well.  Thus they hate us...we trigger them by walking around...and they attack us.  And just because we completed the quest that doesn't suddenly make us their friends.  What's so odd or buggy about that?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Hadji
12-08-2004, 12:06 AM
<DIV>I was thinking the same thing as KindredHeart, especially when an illusionist friend was having their lvl 20 stuff popping on him also.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The only flaw I see with the 'hatred' idea is that these are the only ones that attack you as grey cons.  The Vermin's Snye is full of bloodsabers I can walk all over and they ignore me.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Cheers!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Frellya</DIV> <DIV>25 - Neriak</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>