PDA

View Full Version : Mystic or not????

GhostDance
11-30-2004, 01:21 AM
I originally wanted to be a Defiler but after reading some people's reviews on Defiler and Mystic I think I'm gonna switch and select Mystic. I like to keep my group members alive and have the means to do it. Defilers are more of an attack base class and do not receive all the wards and heals that a Mystic does. Looking for responses from those that are Mystics and what you think about that class, it seems to be my choice rather than a Defiler. Thanks to all who respond and please keep this clean no rants or raves just pure facts please.

Banditman
11-30-2004, 02:00 AM
<DIV>The facts are that your subclass as a Shaman is defined by your citizenship.  You don't have a choice.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you are a Freeport citizen, you are a Defiler.  If you are a Qeynos citizen, you are a Mystic.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>You can do the Betrayal quest if you so desire, in order to change your citizenship.  "Good luck".</DIV>

GhostDance
11-30-2004, 02:18 AM
<DIV>Ah ok thanks for that info I did not know that, looks like my dark elf is gonna be a defiler after all then. Betrayal quest takes quite while to do from what I read in the game manual I'm not that hard up to be a mystic, defiler it is thanks again for the response.</DIV>

Karla
11-30-2004, 03:04 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> GhostDance69 wrote:<BR>I originally wanted to be a Defiler but after reading some people's reviews on Defiler and Mystic I think I'm gonna switch and select Mystic. I like to keep my group members alive and have the means to do it. Defilers are more of an attack base class and do not receive all the wards and heals that a Mystic does. <BR><BR>Looking for responses from those that are Mystics and what you think about that class, it seems to be my choice rather than a Defiler. Thanks to all who respond and please keep this clean no rants or raves just pure facts please.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> From my experience, defiler is an attack healer, where as mystic is a buff defensive healer.  I think that mystics get more wards and heals where as defilers get more damage and debuff spells

Lamprey_02
11-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Karlace eloquently restated the question, now someone answer it. I might be making a priest at some point and would like to know which city to start him in.

Banditman
11-30-2004, 08:26 PM
<DIV>You need to read the spell list for each and decide for yourself.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Neither one is "best" . . . they are simply different.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Choose what fits your play style, what you think will be "fun" for you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Don't choose whatever someone tells you is "best" . . . at this point in the game they are as likely to be right as they are to be wrong.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I chose Mystic because, after being a Shaman in EQ1, I felt that Mystic best fit my personal definition of what a Shaman "should be".  Other folks have a different view of what a Shaman is, and that's fine.  Their view is no more correct or less correct than mine.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>