PDA

View Full Version : Coercer Stifle Raid Mob Parse Log Wanted

SunT
07-27-2005, 08:13 PM
<DIV>Several months ago there was a post re the Coercer stifle.  I have been looking for that thread for a couple days.  It had some great parse info and was a compelling argument.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Does anyone remember where it is or have a link?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And is the person who parsed it still around?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I want some additional subtle info like this but need some help getting it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Sy
07-28-2005, 01:05 AM
I parsed all stifles last night on drayek.  They do not work.  If you want I can mail you the log. <div></div>

SunT
07-28-2005, 01:25 AM
<P>I got some feedback from this post and let me restate.</P> <P>I am in no way trying to get Coercers nerfed.  I am in no way trying to draw attention to your ability or lack of ability to stifle raid mobs.</P> <P>I only want to find out what the parser that the original poster about this subject used.  It had a second my second graph of mob output.  This is what I am interested in getting.  Then when the spell is cast, I can try to see if Illusionist abilities that are supposed to work on Raid Mobs actually do.  It is my belief that they are broken atm and I would like to use this tool to make a case for getting them fixed or at least not forgotton in the revamp.</P> <P>It is my opinion that Illusionists and Coercers have been equally screwed to date.  It is my sincerest hope that both classes get fixed and compensated for sticking it out in such an unfavorable environment.  By compensated, I mean we should both Kick [Removed for Content] after the revamp.  Well...as long as Illusionists finish better than Coercers that is...I am only Human...err Gnomish.</P> <P> </P> <P> </P>

nithrill
07-28-2005, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE> <P></P> <HR> <P></P> <P>SunTsu wrote:</P> <DIV>Several months ago there was a post re the Coercer stifle.  I have been looking for that thread for a couple days.  It had some great parse info and was a compelling argument.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Does anyone remember where it is or have a link?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And is the person who parsed it still around?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I want some additional subtle info like this but need some help getting it.</DIV> <P></P> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P>If you are refering to my post about the usefulness of Coercers on raids then that post is right <A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=27&message.id=3950" target=_blank>here</A>.</P> <P>As for how I made that graph ... well I just did it manually by importing my logs into Excel and working with it there.</P> <P>And for those neisayers out there here are two logs containing complete data of fights with Vyr'drais the Vicious in Maiden's Gulch:</P> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr> <P>party of 5 - Jun 13 - <A href="http://www.hi.is/~amg2/eq2/MG/Vyr'drais%20the%20Vicious%20-%20jun%2013.txt" target=_blank>the log</A> (335 KB text file) - <A href="http://www.hi.is/~amg2/eq2/MG/Vyr'drais%20the%20Vicious%20-%20jun%2013.xls" target=_blank>excel sheet</A> (1.887 KB, no pics included)</P> <P>party of 12 - Jul 13 - <A href="http://www.hi.is/~amg2/eq2/MG/Vyr'drais%20the%20Vicious%20-%20jul%2013.txt" target=_blank>the log</A> (300 KB text file) - <A href="http://www.hi.is/~amg2/eq2/MG/Vyr'drais%20the%20Vicious%20-%20jul%2013.xls" target=_blank>excel sheet</A> (1.664 KB, no pics included)</P></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>I think you'll find it interesting that Vyr'drais does not cast any spells while he is being stifled.</P> <P>Some comments:</P> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr> <P>- In the first log you will see two fights ... the first attempt failed and was /yelled ... the second one ... well just read the end of the log<BR>- In the second log you will see that Vyr'drais is able to land one spell and one spell only ... this spell is a DoT that lands the same second that he is stifled and then procedes to tick away until it expires and then nothing more.</P> <P>- The logs do show Vyr'drais using his breath weapon ... but the spell description of Withering Silence specifically says that "Some abilities or spells may be too powerful to prevent" ... the breathweapon is named <EM>Vyr'drais' Lava Breath</EM>, so I think it would be safe to assume that it be one of those abilities or spells.</P></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>As for Drayek Syan ... well, WS was stifling Drayek for me tonight so I'd realy like to see that log.</P> <P>Please be kind enough to make it available for public download somewhere.</P>

Tanatus
07-29-2005, 11:07 AM
<DIV>Stifle NOT affect lvl 50 skills and abilities</DIV> <DIV>AL  WILL cast Devastion and ND</DIV> <DIV>Drayek WILL cast IC </DIV> <DIV>Both mob were 100% under WS Master 1</DIV> <DIV>So spell DO NOT work period end of discusion and misinformation</DIV>

nithrill
07-29-2005, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Tanatus wrote:<BR> <DIV>Stifle NOT affect lvl 50 skills and abilities</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>AL  WILL cast Devastion and ND</DIV> <DIV>Drayek WILL cast IC</DIV> <DIV>Both mob were 100% under WS Master 1</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>So spell DO NOT work period end of discusion and misinformation</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>Sir, I think I might very well accuse you of the same thing.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>But instead of hairpulling how about we solve this mistery together.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>So, what we have so far is this:</FONT></P> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>- When Nithrill fights raid mobs he can land WS on them and they appear stifled</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>- When Tanatus fights raid mobs he can land WS on them and they do NOT appear stifled</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>The only thing that can explain this is that:</FONT></P> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>something is happening to the raid mob when N fights them but not when T is.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>thus, someone else present at the raid is also affecting the raid mob.</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>This could be because of a lowered spell casting abilities of the mob.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>I know for a fact that Warlocks can lower the spell casting abilities of their opponents.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>I also always raid with a Warlock, so am curious if you do to?</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>I'll go through my logs and see if my success with WS is in some way tied to other class abilities.</FONT></P> <P><FONT color=#3399ff>I suggest you do to or you could just post a log and let me have a go at it.</FONT></P>

Dystr
08-03-2005, 12:07 AM
oh god don't get him started on warlocks... <div></div>

Tanatus
08-03-2005, 02:50 AM
<P>*Evil Grin* to late ....</P> <P>Oki here is goes ... since I have both Warlock lvl 50 and Coercer lvl 50 </P> <P>Warlock reduce casting ability of mob via Vullian Interferance and master lvl (-2.5 casting lvl) of this spell lower casting ability of mob a lot but still not good enouth to put mob below lvl 50 and hence prevent mob from casting IC/Devastation. VI also interupt casting of mob 100% of time while spell active - problem is - you can cast this spell once ... second time you cast it = suicide no matter how good tank will taunt warlock WILL die.</P> <P>Its far more efficient for warlock chain stun epic mobs (3s cast 4.5s duration 12s recast) - 3-4 warlock can nearly stun lock most epics (except those that highly resistant to poison)</P>